ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Official Tunnel Talk

MotorBoater

Nebraska Legend
Aug 13, 2008
Non-Official Tunnel Talk

What goes on in NOTT stays in NOTT. Or else......really I won't do anything, actually who really gives a crap. It's no big deal. Most of this you can find on google.

It's that time again, happy Friday! Let's get this thing going because we have plenty to cover!

- In case you haven't heard from HO.com, or Twitter, the radio or television, Nebraska landed a small-time prospect by the name of Jordan Stevenson. I couldn't believe the amount of threads on him, haven't seen that many in one week for one kid in quiet sometime. Husker fans are sure excited about this one.

- Armstrong was named to the Manning Award Watch list, this award is for post-season Choker Manning and shouldn't be confused with the regular season HOF Peyton Manning.

- In a pressing matter for RSS it was discovered that over 75% of posters where there "trousers" just below there belly button, ground breaking news right here...PRACTICE CANT GET HERE ENOUGH!!!

- former husker kicker and Jersey Shore backup Mauro Bondi announced that for his last season of CFB he will play at Hawaii. Very unfortunate that Bondi has to leave the beautiful flat native lands of corn for the tropical paradise of Hawaii.

- Don't mess with Dantonio...after a commit lied to him about not taking a visit to tOSU he pulled the kids scholly offer and another lineman picked it up that day. Now I know why Mrs. Dantonio doesn't lie to Mark.

- 70% of Nebraska fans were in favor of the all-white away uniforms which isn't surprising that 90% of the state of Nebraska is repping all-whites anyways.

- In other news there has been crackdowns from mods on unnecessary reporting and abusive tagging. Both have lead to 23 week long bans an anonymous mod told me.

- Nick Saban had some strange comments regarding 18-22 year olds dating lives. Nick "PIMP" Saban apparently informed kids, "If you can't lock that p***y up by midnight take your broke no-game a** home," (paraphrased).

- Nick Saban also gave a political endorsement for Hilary Clinton by saying if she wanted to hit the sheets together he's game...could you imagine that? Saban and Hilary in bed? All sticky and sweaty? Gross.....

- B1G West was recently named the worst Division amongst the power 5, no worries for Nebraska as it's just like being back home in the Big 12 North.

- Our top inspider poster had a shocking interview with longtime Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer when he said that the forming of the Big 12 ruined the OU/NU rivalry....ground breaking stuff. Good thing is we now have his # available for text 24/7/365 so any other pressing questions will sure to be answered.

- Wear the cup...or don't wear a cup? That is the question this week for "what should I do for my 12-year old son in sports". While the cup is very uncomfortable, I imagine having the protection of your most important body part for a man, (it's does more thinking for us then our actual brains) would be the correct way to go....but of course, RSS turned it into a debate.

- Freshman running back Devine Ozibgo is already happy for the competition of Stevenson as he twitted out shortly after it was known Nebraska was one of Jordan Stevenson's options, "Where's the loyalty!" He should do well in the running back battle this fall.

- Wisconsin running back Corey Clement compared Nebraska to an sprint flip phone while Wisconsin is the iPhone. Bo Pelini took this as a compliment as he agrees the flip phone is easier to carry around in the cargo short side pockets.

- Can't forget this, my boy, Motorboaters 2015 #1 recruit, 98 overall rating in NCAA EA Sports 2015-2016 Roster Edition, SWAGTAG MO BARRY is not only a beast on the football field. He's a beast off of it as he showed off his humbled side as he tweeted out him buying a Lincoln homeless man dinner. I'm disappointed though the homeless man did not throw the bones in the picture as well...

- MOTORBOATERS PRESEASON TOP 25

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Michigan State
5. Auburn
6. Oregon
7. Florida State
8. USC
9. Baylor
10. Notre Dame
11. Clemson
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Arizona State
15. Georgia Tech
16. Ole Miss
17. Oklahoma
18. Wisconsin
19. UCLA
20. Arizona
21. Missouri
22. Arkansas
23. Stanford
24. Boise State
25. NEBRASKA !!!!! #GBR #HCMREFFECT

----------

Also, before I wrap this NOTT up for this week. Last week I introduced a new feature I'm bringing where I interview a poster on the RSS, this week I'm glad to have sat down and interviewed at our local 20s Gentleman's Club, Cornhuskerbeef!

-----

MotorBoater (MB) - Thoughts on Nebraska hiring Mike Riley? Would you have went into a different direction?
Cornhuskerbeef (CHB) - My first reaction... WTH. Mainly because it was completely out of left field, his name hadn't been mentioned once. We were hearing Tressel, Mullen, Moglia, Frost etc. but after reading about Riley and doing research on him, I was hooked. Ex: last August he was voted #1 (tied with Dantonio) as the most underrated coach among P5 conference coaches, just imagine what this guy could do with the tools Nebraska offers.

The next step was the coaching staff. The way he assembled the staff, the way he's attacked recruiting, satellite camps, social media, etc. It's hard not to get excited about the future of Husker football. The way he represents Nebraska, I can't think of a better current coach out there that could do a better job of that. He's comfortable in his own skin, he doesn't look nervous/awkward in front of the camera. I have no doubt today at the B1G media days Riley will make Husker fans proud that he is our coach. So far Riley has exceeded my expectations, and I expect that to translate onto the field.

At this point, no I would not have gone in a different direction, because honestly I don't know who else we could have gotten that would have been better. Nebraska doesn't have a Jim Harbaugh (hopefully Frost one day) available to them. We're not an Alabama, Texas, USC type school that will attract the A+ coaches, at least not yet anyway.

-------------

MB- A bit off-topic, what's your dream woman and why?
CHB- You mean besides my wife
cid:7074E4D0-F730-45EE-8F16-3872C6F9F196@mobilenotes.apple.com
This is always a tough question, some guys have had the same #1 for years, I'm not like that. So today, I'm going with 2005 Marisa Miller. A 26 year old Victoria's Secret Angel/SI Swimsuit model??? Yeah I'll go with that.

------------

MB- What's your favorite cut of meat and why? Personally for me, I'm a brisket guy. I like mine cooked low and slow.

CHB- Bone-in ribeye, medium rare. If you put steak sauce on it I kill you.

----------

MB- What's your expectations and predictions for the upcoming season?

CHB- 10-2 record in the regular season. Losses to Miami and Michigan State. Win the West, lose to Ohio State by 14+ in the B1G championship game. Go to a good bowl, beat a SEC team, finish 11-3.

I expect a better defense, an attacking defense. Banker's scheme will fair better vs the Wisconsins and the Minnesotas of the world. As we all know, the interior of the DL will be nasty. It'll be fun to watch Collins and Valentine wreak havoc. It'll also be fun to watch the LBs develop under Trent Bray, that dude is a stud.
It's awesome having three former defensive coordinators on staff. Gottta imagine they'll be bouncing ideas off one another game planning every week.
On offense, a lot of it comes down to Armstrong. If he can get that completion % up to 60, and have a good TD/INT ratio, I expect a great season. With Langsdorf and Riley coaching him, I think he can do that. At RB, I think Adam Taylor eventually becomes the starter, and hey maybe Stevenson will make some noise. I think the OL will be very solid. I remember when Cavanaugh was hired a UCLA fan on the MB called Cav the best OL coach in the Pac12 by a mile. I expect big things from him. Same with Keith Williams, we have a good one there.

-----------

MB- Tell me something you would like RSS to know about you that they probably don't?
CHB- I'll keep this short. Most people probably don't know what my handle means... well my family owns a few cattle feedlots here in Nebraska, I help manage one of them.

----------
That's it for another edition of NOTT. Special thanks to Cornhuskerbeef for the interview and I hope you all enjoyed it. Have a fun and safe weekend!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News