ADVERTISEMENT

Nod to Trev

Huskerpro

Senior
May 15, 2007
Pardon me for the thread if my fellow lovely Husker grinders have already posted specifically about Trev, but I am all in with him and his decision making. Firing Frost-correct move. Anointing MJ-correct move.

He will make the right decision going forward regarding the HC>

Pardon me for the thread if my fellow lovely Husker grinders have already posted specifically about Trev, but I am all in with him and his decision making. Firing Frost-correct move. Anointing MJ-correct move.

I like how he brought alcohol to memorial stadium too. Finally getting with the times.

I like how he brought alcohol to memorial stadium too. Finally getting with the times.
A bit off topic but a study in Michigan concluded it overall was better to sell alcohol in stadiums than not. That's because without alcohol sales in stadiums, fans felt it was necessary to drink up more during the pre-game parties before arriving and thus were drunker.

A bit off topic but a study in Michigan concluded it overall was better to sell alcohol in stadiums than not. That's because without alcohol sales in stadiums, fans felt it was necessary to drink up more during the pre-game parties before arriving and thus were drunker.
These days Nebraska fans need to drink a lot before games for obvious reasons. ;)

Alberts has made a lot of canny, tough decisions to this point. As he himself stated, this decision will define his legacy at Nebraska as AD forever. He's going to need to be perfect. Can he be with all the noise, interference, and booster advice clouding the issue?

Reactions: Huskerpro
Ok, well he hasn't done anything yet that a million other people in the state couldn't have done.

In all honesty, I always recognize you when you post-and we are usually in step.

Firing a P5 coach in mid-season is not like what any have done here. It's like taking your grandpa off the combing during harvest. Just not something that most can do..... I remember in the super early 90's reading the oped in Lincoln Journal Star saying Osborne needed to go. Our fans are impatient, yes. Growly, yes. The bark is worse than the bite, Firing a coach in mid-season takes nuts.

I want to make an apology for being so hard on Trev. I've learned recently that it was really Ted Carter pulling the strings, and Frost and Hoiberg likely would have been gone last year if it was up to Trev. Not much you can do when the boss is the one who has to sign off on all decisions and is incompetent. The things I said about Trev really should have been said about Ted Carter and his dumbass. I'll give Trev a chance on this next hire and hope he picks a good one... GBR

Well he got the job that 999,999 others didn’t, couldn’t, or didn’t want.

This hire is crucial and will define him and he knows that.
Well if AD's are in the top 99.9999% in intelligence and abilities...why did Moos' hire turn-out so bad? And why was he forced out for drinking? And why was the previous AD at my alma-mater, Minnesota, forced to resign for drinking & sexting?

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
Trev may hit a home run or he may strike out looking

he has never hired a football or basketball coach at any level

support the hire and then let the results speak for themselves - Frost was given way too long of a leash simply because he was a Husker legend and therefore was incapable of failing

I was at the last two home games and didn't see any booze at the concession stands. Granted, I wasn't looking specifically for it, and I often get distracted by the Fairbury's (nohomo).

I want to make an apology for being so hard on Trev. I've learned recently that it was really Ted Carter pulling the strings, and Frost and Hoiberg likely would have been gone last year if it was up to Trev. Not much you can do when the boss is the one who has to sign off on all decisions and is incompetent. The things I said about Trev really should have been said about Ted Carter and his dumbass. I'll give Trev a chance on this next hire and hope he picks a good one... GBR
I think you’re over estimating Carter’s input compared to other parties. He’s one voice albeit a powerful one. Trev has to balance multiple views from people who matter

What happened to him having to deliver before you started sucking his dick?

Well if AD's are in the top 99.9999% in intelligence and abilities...why did Moos' hire turn-out so bad? And why was he forced out for drinking? And why was the previous AD at my alma-mater, Minnesota, forced to resign for drinking & sexting?
He was forced out for the extension and being AWOL For some reason he thought he could be the AD from his ranch

Ok, well he hasn't done anything yet that a million other people in the state couldn't have done.
Yep...the longer he kept Frost the longer he kept his AD clock from starting to tick.

He gets to hire a FB, once, that is it. Unless that coach is sooooo good that for some reason he takes an NFL job or something, then he gets to hire another one.

Trev, as of right now, is on the clock...he has about 4-5 years left as AD unless this FB hire works out.

Well, it was also the near unanimous “correct move” to hire Frost.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Who said anything about intelligence or abilities?

Reactions: king_kong_
I was at the last two home games and didn't see any booze at the concession stands. Granted, I wasn't looking specifically for it, and I often get distracted by the Fairbury's (nohomo).
I think the regents lifted the ban on sales of alcohol par Feb, unfortunately they didn’t approve the actual sale of it yet. 🤪

That study was so “here is result we want get to Mets build reasons why it makes sense and not have it be revenue as reason ”. Ok to create that !!

That study was so “here is result we want get to Mets build reasons why it makes sense and not have it be revenue as reason ”. Ok to create that !!
Sure they wanted the sales no doubt but it's also crazy to think the lack of sales in the stadium doesn't result in more over indulgence by many at the pregame tailgate.

stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT