ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Vedral Transferring

Worst scenario, he ends up as a backup QB and provides depth his 3 years of eligibility. It seems unlikely he'd be a guy who transfers again in the event he doesn't win the job after his redshirt year. Best part is he'll be able to help guys pick up the offense quicker since he already knows it and has executed in it. There's really no downside for Nebraska. The only downside is that Vedral has to pay for a year of school.

Also I don't blame UCF one bit for not letting him or anyone else follow Frost. It sucks for the player but UCF is in a tough position too with losing their entire staff to Nebraska and zero continuity aside from the players returning. They got to protect themselves too.

Worst scenario, he ends up as a backup QB and provides depth his 3 years of eligibility. It seems unlikely he'd be a guy who transfers again in the event he doesn't win the job after his redshirt year. Best part is he'll be able to help guys pick up the offense quicker since he already knows it and has executed in it. There's really no downside for Nebraska. The only downside is that Vedral has to pay for a year of school.

Also I don't blame UCF one bit for not letting him or anyone else follow Frost. It sucks for the player but UCF is in a tough position too with losing their entire staff to Nebraska and zero continuity aside from the players returning. They got to protect themselves too.
In this case it actually helps NU even though it penalizes Vedral. We don't have to burn a year of a scholarship while he's not elgible to play.

Reactions: RedMyMind
tumblr_mnkorgHc8B1s99m4bo1_500.png

tenor.gif

Some things make a lot of sense. He can play in the same offense he has learned while playing close to family and friends. UCF has a qb for the next three year

What doesn't make sense is for UCF to make this kid pay his own way to NU and at the same time say he can go to other schools and get a scholarship if offered. Petty behavior

Petty, but it was agreed to. He knew the rules and Vedral harbors no animosity towards UCF..at least publicly. If the coaches get the national championship bonuses then give the kid an easier out. Tough spot for him.

Petty, but it was agreed to. He knew the rules and Vedral harbors no animosity towards UCF..at least publicly. If the coaches get the national championship bonuses then give the kid an easier out. Tough spot for him.
so you are saying when Vedral committed to play for UCF he knew he could not transfer to NU and be on scholarship - I think not - When you say agreed to, you are saying he was told he can not transfer on scholarship to NU after Frost was given the job - again it was not agreed to by him at all - he just decided it was better at NU without a scholarship than at UCF with one

so you are saying when Vedral committed to play for UCF he knew he could not transfer to NU and be on scholarship - I think not - When you say agreed to, you are saying he was told he can not transfer on scholarship to NU after Frost was given the job - again it was not agreed to by him at all - he just decided it was better at NU without a scholarship than at UCF with one

Yes that is what I am saying. It is common practice in college ball.

“It’s entirely slanted to the coach’s side,” said Don Jackson, a lawyer who runs the Sports Group in Montgomery, Ala., and who has represented dozens of athletes attempting to transfer to a university of their choice.

“Once the student-athlete signs that national letter of intent, it’s essentially a contract of adhesion. They have limited rights.”

"The Oklahoma State coach, Mike Gundy, ruled out nearly 40 universities as transfer options for quarterback Wes Lunt, an apparent show of gamesmanship and punishment toward a college athlete who wanted to take his skills elsewhere".

"Noah's father confirmed UCF was in agreement to allow his son to take a scholarship at any other FBS school that wasn't Nebraska or part of the American Athletic Conference. What Noah could do, however, was join the Huskers as a walk-on. He'll have to sit out this year after the transfer, and will be a redshirt sophomore come 2019.

Mike Vedral wasn't going to air any grievances about UCF putting Nebraska on the block list as far as scholarship transfer opportunities go. His son loved UCF".

"I think UCF was just protecting their football team," he said. "I don't really have anything bad to say about UCF. They had the cards they had at their disposal and we played the cards we had at our disposal, and we got out."

When Vedral went to UCF Frost was the one making the decisions about transfers. There is NO way that Vedral was told when he went to UCF that he would not be able to transfer scholarship to any school at that time. To do so would be suicide for the school playing that card. I have never heard at any time an incoming frosh being told there were certain schools they would not be allowed to transfer to on scholarship. As I said that would be program suicide.

And I know the Vedral family personally. That is why several weeks ago I said Noah would be a Husker!

When Vedral went to UCF Frost was the one making the decisions about transfers. There is NO way that Vedral was told when he went to UCF that he would not be able to transfer scholarship to any school at that time. To do so would be suicide for the school playing that card. I have never heard at any time an incoming frosh being told there were certain schools they would not be allowed to transfer to on scholarship. As I said that would be program suicide.

And I know the Vedral family personally. That is why several weeks ago I said Noah would be a Husker!

In any event, Vedral seems to be taking everything quite well and is going to use his extra time to his advantage. He is a great kid and everyone will surely miss him.

Reactions: footnfan1
Especially in light of the competitive environment at each school

Yes that is what I am saying. It is common practice in college ball.

“It’s entirely slanted to the coach’s side,” said Don Jackson, a lawyer who runs the Sports Group in Montgomery, Ala., and who has represented dozens of athletes attempting to transfer to a university of their choice.

“Once the student-athlete signs that national letter of intent, it’s essentially a contract of adhesion. They have limited rights.”

"The Oklahoma State coach, Mike Gundy, ruled out nearly 40 universities as transfer options for quarterback Wes Lunt, an apparent show of gamesmanship and punishment toward a college athlete who wanted to take his skills elsewhere".

"Noah's father confirmed UCF was in agreement to allow his son to take a scholarship at any other FBS school that wasn't Nebraska or part of the American Athletic Conference. What Noah could do, however, was join the Huskers as a walk-on. He'll have to sit out this year after the transfer, and will be a redshirt sophomore come 2019.

Mike Vedral wasn't going to air any grievances about UCF putting Nebraska on the block list as far as scholarship transfer opportunities go. His son loved UCF".

"I think UCF was just protecting their football team," he said. "I don't really have anything bad to say about UCF. They had the cards they had at their disposal and we played the cards we had at our disposal, and we got out."
So Mike Vedral is sitting at his kitchen table right now figuring out how to pay for a year of school and maybe more if the kid gets hurt or something and is thanking UCF for that - Right .... I have some swamp land in florida for a good price also

So Mike Vedral is sitting at his kitchen table right now figuring out how to pay for a year of school and maybe more if the kid gets hurt or something and is thanking UCF for that - Right .... I have some swamp land in florida for a good price also

I didn't say it was right. It was his decision. If you don't like the system work to change it.

Reactions: FrostedKnight
More like:
Mike Vedral is sitting at his kitchen table right now figuring out how to pay for a year of school.
Right .... I have some swamp land in florida for a good price also

Totally inaccurate portrayal of what's going on!

the media does not care about ucf.

As I have shown in my previous post what UCF is doing is the accepted practice. This is not as much about Vedral as it is to prevent an exodus of players when a major change takes place as it has at UCF. Scott Frost recruited players on UCF's dime and for players to easily leave is not fair to the university. Even if one or two major stars or recruits leave it can be damaging to the school's program. I'm sure Nebraska wouldn't make it easy either.

Not really. Just laughing at Scott claiming that Oregon State tampered. This from the guy that called M Milton yesterday to wish him HBD.
Yes really.

Bell has no connection to Riley. None. Gebbia was coached by Riley. Lindsey was coached by Riley. Both went to Oregon state. Not blocked.

Bell, on the other hand, has no connection to Riley.

But go ahead and troll.

It’s important to listen to what Frost actually said and how he said it, not read somebody’s paraphrase of what he said colored by whatever slant that person has. Frost never said OSU tampered. Period. End of story. That’s just sensationalist journalism.

But the fact he mentioned and talked about it the way he did makes me think that he strongly suspects and maybe even believes they probably did. But he doesn’t know for sure with proof that he can/will go public with. So he talks about it in a soft and subtle way, to get the message across to the people who know and who matter that he’s not unaware. But he doesn’t cross the line of accusation, and subject himself to libel unless he reveals more than what he is willing or able.

It’s important to listen to what Frost actually said and how he said it, not read somebody’s paraphrase of what he said colored by whatever slant that person has. Frost never said OSU tampered. Period. End of story. That’s just sensationalist journalism.

But the fact he mentioned and talked about it the way he did makes me think that he strongly suspects and maybe even believes they probably did. But he doesn’t know for sure with proof that he can/will go public with. So he talks about it in a soft and subtle way, to get the message across to the people who know and who matter that he’s not unaware. But he doesn’t cross the line of accusation, and subject himself to libel unless he reveals more than what he is willing or able.
Wonder how many would leave if there was no transfer restrictions.

Wonder how many would leave if there was no transfer restrictions.

My guess is that more would leave with less restrictions. Yes, I am Captain Obvious. Whether that’s good or bad depends on the particulars on your point of view, and more importantly the situation in question

So in a couple of weeks when Nebraska beats bethune Cookman, you promise you’ll leave? I won’t put any restrictions on where you can go. Would love it if you went to UCF board, but no restrictions, buddy.
Do you promise to pay, win, lose, or lightening? Akron says to get the money up front. No Checks. Cash before kickoff.

Do you promise to pay, win, lose, or lightening? Akron says to get the money up front. No Checks. Cash before kickoff.
Ouch... if Akron wanted the money they would have stayed to play the game. Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? Your team will be paid.

And I have no doubt that when Nebraska wins, you will make yourself scarce. Turds like yourself don’t stick around to get what’s coming to them... talk tough all you want before the game. Disappear after.

Enjoy your short stay here.

Reactions: Redondo
Not really. Just laughing at Scott claiming that Oregon State tampered. This from the guy that called M Milton yesterday to wish him HBD.

Yeah, I heard Frost say that too. Do you think that doing so was tampering, I mean, for real? I’m just laughing at you just laughing.

All this whining over blocking a Vedral, and Scott Frost blocks Bell.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24958550

How pathetic is your life that you:

A) Have the time to go back and find this post to reply to

and

B) Feel the need to bring this post back out of obscurity because of a random RB on the 4 deep from NU that decides to transfer?

I mean, you are a UCF fan right? You guys have a football team playing this year, right? How about a message board of your own to post on? The butt hurt is bordering on obsession at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT