ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Vedral Transferring

C'mon, man - when it comes to pronouncing Czech names, that was an uncontested layup! Your services will be much more in demand if NU bags a recruit named, say, Chvatal or Wlaschin... Winking

Those boys lived in the polish alps between wahoo and east butler if memory serves!

Correction; it's called the "Bohemian Alps." Not that many Poles in Nebraska.

There's not going to be some mass exodus of UCF players to Nebraska. A couple kids who committed to the coaching staff (not UCF) and Vedral, who is a legacy here. The kids committed to UCF will stay there.

If anything, this should make UCF and Heupel happy because it opens up a spot for a Heupel QB recruit.
As I have always said schools should want kids who are 100% committed. Those who don't want to be there, they should let go wherever they choose. Does no good for the school or the players to have kids on roster who don't want to be there.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Say what you will about Bill Moos but he would never have done that. Danny White is a small man.
I think this also show the hard feelings between White and Frost. Many think they ended on good terms. I have even seen some UCF fans say when Frost fails at Nebraska he will come back to UCF. I don't see that happening. I think that bridge is burned on both sides and neither want anything to do with the other at this point.

I think this also show the hard feelings between White and Frost. Many think they ended on good terms. I have even seen some UCF fans say when Frost fails at Nebraska he will come back to UCF. I don't see that happening. I think that bridge is burned on both sides and neither want anything to do with the other at this point.

Danny White won't be at UCF much longer. He'll want to try to move up before UCF becomes irrelevant again.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Vedral wants to make a stink about this, I would guess that UCF backs off of it.
And he should make a stink about it. If it's going to save his family thousands of dollars, I think it's worth it to let it get out in the media and force the UCF A.D. to explain why he's not letting an athlete transfer back to his home state to a program not on UCF's schedule.

Do I understand why Nebraska would be on the ban list in addition to AAC schools? Sure. Understand wanting to discourage a mass exodus, although I doubt one will happen based on the fact he is the only one to seem to want to do so so far.

Do I also think it's a bad look for White and UCF? Definitely, especially considering Vedral is from Nebraska and the family has a history in the atheltics department.

Seems like Vedral is taking the high road out of the two, which is kind of sad considering one is a 19 or 20 year old and one is an athletic director at an FBS school.

Last edited:
Lets not get too excited here folks. A 2* 5.2 rated. its nice he's coming home, but c'mon now.

Reactions: Melmc710
Some people just have a hard-on for certain things. No rhyme or reason. They just hold a grudge. What really puts a burr in my saddle is that they just want to penalize someone else.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Some things make a lot of sense. He can play in the same offense he has learned while playing close to family and friends. UCF has a qb for the next three year

What doesn't make sense is for UCF to make this kid pay his own way to NU and at the same time say he can go to other schools and get a scholarship if offered. Petty
behavior

Somewhere in the myriad of articles on all of this I read where UCF didn't want to battle the tide of players that might want to follow Frost to Nebraska and made that stipulation. In a way it makes sense. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be sad to loose a great coach but mad to have some good players follow him.

Lets not get too excited here folks. A 2* 5.2 rated. its nice he's coming home, but c'mon now.

Yeah and Milton was just a 3*, think we could do a little better than that with all the 4*s we’ve recruited the last 10 years!

If the kid was ready to go without a redshirt, I’m assuming a year off in the weight room he will be a value to that QB room, especially sense he will know the offense inside and out already.

GBR

The team suffered so many losses this year we're just happy to win something. I was thinking the same thing though.

Somewhere in the myriad of articles on all of this I read where UCF didn't want to battle the tide of players that might want to follow Frost to Nebraska and made that stipulation. In a way it makes sense. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be sad to loose a great coach but mad to have some good players follow him.
Yes, it does make sense and it's not at all uncommon.

A QB who beat out 2 three star QB's to earn second team at UCF. A QB who knows Frost's system well and created a lot of excitement at UCF with his performances in practice, the spring game and back up duties.
I don't know how he'll do at Nebraska but there's less risk taking him, after his experience proving himself on the D1 level, than there is a 3* out of high school.

Joe Ganz was unranked and headed to Eastern Michigan before Callahan offered him.

A QB who beat out 2 three star QB's to earn second team at UCF. A QB who knows Frost's system well and created a lot of excitement at UCF with his performances in practice, the spring game and back up duties.
I don't know how he'll do at Nebraska but there's less risk taking him, after his experience proving himself on the D1 level, than there is a 3* out of high school.

Joe Ganz was unranked and headed to Eastern Michigan before Callahan offered him.

Like you alluded to, at the very least, Frost knows what he is getting. I doubt he brings in a him in if he isn’t what he wants.

Not sure I have seen this question asked/answered, but if a school refuses to release a kid from scholarship, does that count against their 85 limit?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
And he should make a stink about it. If it's going to save his family thousands of dollars, I think it's worth it to let it get out in the media and force the UCF A.D. to explain why he's not letting an athlete transfer back to his home state to a program not on UCF's schedule.

I just wonder if it could be argued on a Constitutional, freedom of association basis.

I just wonder if it could be argued on a Constitutional, freedom of association basis.

To be real
You cant allow kids to transfer and follow their coaches and immediately go on full scholarship
Same as you cant allow kids to transfer out of schools to go to another just because their coach leaves AND become immediately eligible

It would destroy certain programs that lost their coach. That gives MORE power and MORE leverage to already highly paid coaches.

Just look at how one or two bad recruiting classes- screw up a roster for years. Then a bunch of your best players- already vetted- no busts, are able to transfer and follow their coach or in scenario #2 which some are pushing for- can go wherever they want to and become immediately eligible?

For college football to be healthy, you need plenty of healthy teams. From a macro level- neither of these is good for the game. Yes it seems anti- freedom, but the net is, the kids can still play, just maybe not where they want to.

I know! This blocking stuff is so lame. Let the ****ing kid go play where he wants or can.

I agree. If he doesn't want to play for us we shouldn't keep him. I didn't think he would transfer but it makes sense for him to want to go back home and stay with Frost and his coaches from an emotional standpoint. I don't think it is in his best interest but that should be his decision.

I agree. If he doesn't want to play for us we shouldn't keep him. I didn't think he would transfer but it makes sense for him to want to go back home and stay with Frost and his coaches from an emotional standpoint. I don't think it is in his best interest but that should be his decision.
Exactly...If Jack Schmeckie is on a full ride for his brain and he wants to transfer to work on a different science team...it would not be "blocked"

Reactions: WHCSC
To be real
You cant allow kids to transfer and follow their coaches and immediately go on full scholarship
Same as you cant allow kids to transfer out of schools to go to another just because their coach leaves AND become immediately eligible

It would destroy certain programs that lost their coach. That gives MORE power and MORE leverage to already highly paid coaches.

Just look at how one or two bad recruiting classes- screw up a roster for years. Then a bunch of your best players- already vetted- no busts, are able to transfer and follow their coach or in scenario #2 which some are pushing for- can go wherever they want to and become immediately eligible?

For college football to be healthy, you need plenty of healthy teams. From a macro level- neither of these is good for the game. Yes it seems anti- freedom, but the net is, the kids can still play, just maybe not where they want to.
I see your point. They could make an exception for Vedral, especially since his father and uncle played there. But other players may not think it's far to allow one to follow the coach and not all.

tumblr_mnkorgHc8B1s99m4bo1_500.png

To be real

I am real. The Constitution trumps everything, else. I served it for 25 1/2 years, so I certainly hope so. Remember high school government class?

I just wonder what the signed contracts say, and if the contract would trump the freedom to associate clause of the Constitution, and if it could be argued, and perhaps will be sometime in the future, along that line.

I already get the reasoning behind the blocking of transfers to protect the schools. I am just wondering if that could be trumped by a Constitutional argument. That may, actually, become real in the future at some point.

I see your point. They could make an exception for Vedral, especially since his father and uncle played there. But other players may not think it's far to allow one to follow the coach and not all.

And Vedral and his father fully agreed with UCF's decision because they agreed to this upfront. I see both points of view. In the end Vedral will get what he wants and so will Nebraska.

I am real. The Constitution trumps everything, else. I served it for 25 1/2 years, so I certainly hope so. Remember high school government class?

I just wonder what the signed contracts say, and if the contract would trump the freedom to associate clause of the Constitution, and if it could be argued, and perhaps will be sometime in the future, along that line.

I already get the reasoning behind the blocking of transfers to protect the schools. I am just wondering if that could be trumped by a Constitutional argument. That may, actually, become real in the future at some point.

There are plenty of non compete clauses that are enforceable and are used as part of agreements between parties.

The coach can break his contract, leave, and get paid by someone else.

BUT

Players won't be released but can't be forced to stay, and if they leave, are denied their financial assistance (basically pay).

Seems very hypocritical.

Reactions: WHCSC
Vedral seems like the kinda qb that would go to KState and we would sit here say man I wish he was in Lincoln. That being said I hope he never sees the field at qb because the guys in front of him are too good

Heupel is a pussy.

LOL. Heupel has not aged well at all, he looks terrible! That being said I think he's actually a great replacement for Frost and he will fit in nicely. Milton should have continued success under him.

Ganz's career here was pretty sad if you think about it, as here was a player that came here and was unranked and turned out to be Callahan's best QB that he recruited to NU even over Taylor. Ganz knew the Offense so well that the only person that knew it better than him was Callahan himself and yes once again over Taylor even though Zac was named the starter from the time came from the JUCO as he had in game experience. Taylor graduates and in comes Sam Keller and after a so called QB competition between Keller and Ganz decided at the spring game which I was at, Joey kicked Keller's ass but Keller was named starter anyway as Callahan and Keller's dad were close friends and he made a promise to Sam's dad that Sam would be the starter so Ganz got screwed. Sam went down to a season ending injury against Texas if I remember, maybe I'm wrong but from there Ganz never looked back. I only wish we would've had him one more year as the only thing that kept that 09 squad from true greatness and huge things was the QB as we had everything else in place except the QB. I truly believe if we would've had Ganz in 09 we go undefeated and possibly playing Bama in the title game that year instead of UT. Hell at the end of 09 before the NCG both Saban and Pete Carroll publicly stated that neither one wanted any part of playing against DONU as they were terrified of Suh and company. Out of all of Callahan's QB's, Joe was the only one that called all of the plays from the LOS. Callahan and Watson would confer with him on the sideline and asked what he seeing and what his thoughts were. Watson said of him, it's like having a coach on the field. In my opinion, Ganz should've started over Taylor as more than likely we would've beaten OU in the title game in 06. Ganz was that diamond in the rough, just like the QB that was drafted in the very last round in 1980 13th. for the 79 season. One coach took a chance on him and the rest is history. The coach Bill Walsh, The Player Joe Montana. I actually think Frosts Offense would've been Tailor made and a perfect fit for Ganz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sly_Tie_Guy
Or, Nebraska could have offered him a scholly, upon graduation. They chose not to. He went to UCF who did offer him a scholly.

He is following the NCAA rules. He'll be the best walk on non scholly offense coach ever, and be on a scholly 362 days from now.

Ganz's career here was pretty sad if you think about it, as here was a player that came here and was unranked and turned out to be Callahan's best QB that he recruited to NU even over Taylor. Ganz knew the Offense so well that the only person that knew it better than him was Callahan himself and yes once again over Taylor even though Zac was named the starter from the time came from the JUCO as he had in game experience. Taylor graduates and in comes Sam Keller and after a so called QB competition between Keller and Ganz decided at the spring game which I was at, Joey kicked Keller's ass but Keller was named starter anyway as Callahan and Keller's dad were close friends and he made a promise to Sam's dad that Sam would be the starter so Ganz got screwed. Sam went down to a season ending injury against Texas if I remember, maybe I'm wrong but from there Ganz never looked back. I only wish we would've had him one more year as the only thing that kept that 09 squad from true greatness and huge things was the QB as we had everything else in place except the QB. I truly believe if we would've had Ganz in 09 we go undefeated and possibly playing Bama in the title game that year instead of UT. Hell at the end of 09 before the NCG both Saban and Pete Carroll publicly stated that neither one wanted any part of playing against DONU as they were terrified of Suh and company. Out of all of Callahan's QB's, Joe was the only one that called all of the plays from the LOS. Callahan and Watson would confer with him on the sideline and asked what he seeing and what his thoughts were. Watson said of him, it's like having a coach on the field. In my opinion, Ganz should've started over Taylor as more than likely we would've beaten OU in the title game in 06. Ganz was that diamond in the rough, just like the QB that was drafted in the very last round in 1980 13th. for the 79 season. One coach took a chance on him and the rest is history. The coach Bill Walsh, The Player Joe Montana. I actually think Frosts Offense would've been Tailor made and a perfect fit for Ganz.

Yes, Ganz would have made a huge difference in ‘09, and Zac Lee was absolutely sh!t-awful.

Ganz was that diamond in the rough, just like the QB that was drafted in the very last round in 1980 13th. for the 79 season. One coach took a chance on him and the rest is history. The coach Bill Walsh, The Player Joe Montana. I actually think Frosts Offense would've been Tailor made and a perfect fit for Ganz.
Montana was drafted in the 3rd round, actually. He was a diamond in the rough, but the rough wasn't quite that deep.

Danny White is a child. I guess he will show us how much of a badass he can be.

I'm OK with a school blocking. So kid has to walk-on, fine. BUT said school should have the blocked player no longer there count towards their scholarship limit as long as the block is in place. Two way street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT