ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Vedral Transferring

CatColumbia

All-American
Apr 19, 2014
One day in Lincoln, the next day in Orlando
https://247sports.com/college/centr...edral-will-seek-a-transfer-from-UCF-113395557

UCF backup quarterback Noah Vedral won’t be back with the Knights next season, multiple sources tell Knights247.

Vedral, who served as McKenzie Milton’s primary backup in 2017, has elected to transfer and will begin looking for his next school immediately.

Most people expected Vedral to follow Scott Frost and his staff to Nebraska, but multiple sources tell Knights247 that UCF has blocked a transfer to any American Athletic Conference school and Nebraska. Vedral, however, can walk-on to any school, including Nebraska.

As a true freshman, Vedral completed 22 of 29 passes and threw for one touchdown pass this season. The Nebraska native won the backup quarterback job over classmate Darriel Mack with an impressive fall camp.

Vedral was rated as a three-star prospect out of Bishop Neumann high school in Nebraska.

So does Vedral walk on to NU or go the 1AA route?

Not that I care but...is "Noah Vedral" blocked or is he blocked? Like...is there a loophole where if you were to change your name that Norman Vedral would not be blocked? I can't imagine this "block" is a legal binding paper, is it? If another schools wants to offer a kid a ride they can offer him, right?

Just makes me wonder.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Seems kind of unfair for them to block a transfer to Nebraska. Blocking transfers to conference schools makes sense and is common, but blocking a transfer to Nebraska just smacks of pettiness and bitterness.

Too bad for Vedral, usually that works its way out in the end though.

Who was it that went to Kentucky and took some of his recruits with him? Was it Morrow? Did we block them at the time?

I would advise him to just walk on.. I think it gets made up to him by someone somewhere sometime.

Reactions: WHCSC
it probably was Danny White's decision. And it is to protect UCF, would be unfair to our Program to have our roster gutted by emotional 19 year olds

I get that, but it's still a bad look for UCF - blocking a Nebraska native from transferring to his home-state school, where several of his family members have played. The only reason he went to UCF in the first place was Coach Frost.

it probably was Danny White's decision. And it is to protect UCF, would be unfair to our Program to have our roster gutted by emotional 19 year olds

Danny White is a pussy too. "National champion" worried about some 4-8 school located in a flyover state. P-U-S-S-Y move, from a program that'll never see the national spotlight again.

So he could just walk on and then receive a scholly once there?

As of now, he'll have to walk-on for one calendar year then he can receive a scholarship.

must be similar to what went on with Brianna Holman on the volleyball side? she had to pay her own way (was that for just a semester?) anyway, LSU wouldn't cut her loose.

having said that, just don't think it's right when a kid goes back to his home state to play. cut the kid some slack.

Kinda BS but it’s par of the course in college football today. I don’t remember us blocking Courtney from following Marrow or a few kids following Bo to YSU.

I guess I understand it from a UCF’s perspective but I think it’s different with a backup Nebraska native than, let’s say Milton or the starting RT or whatever.

Reactions: Crushinator
If Vedral wants to make a stink about this, I would guess that UCF backs off of it.

Reactions: WHCSC
I wonder what Frost and Osborne think of the leadership at UCF now. F Danny White. He better never be allowed on our campus

Kinda BS but it’s par of the course in college football today. I don’t remember us blocking Courtney from following Marrow or a few kids following Bo to YSU.

I guess I understand it from a UCF’s perspective but I think it’s different with a backup Nebraska native than, let’s say Milton or the starting RT or whatever.

We didn't, but Morrow was an assistant coach and the situations are different. Marrow was gone in 2012, Love transferred in 2014 so it was three seasons later compared to this being a month. Plus, Courtney claimed he wanted to be closer to home because of his sick grandma.

Blocking in-conference transfers, I get it. Blocking out-of-conference transfers is the most ridiculous thing around. It happened with Briana Holman too, LSU blocked her from transferring so she had to pay her own way for a semester or two.

Danny White is a pussy too. "National champion" worried about some 4-8 school located in a flyover state. P-U-S-S-Y move, from a program that'll never see the national spotlight again.

As of now, he'll have to walk-on for one calendar year then he can receive a scholarship.
calm down.

Vedral might head somewhere else you know. Also 247 gets a lot of stories wrong in the race to be first so don't always count on them to have every detail correct

Reactions: footnfan1
calm down.

Vedral might head somewhere else you know. Also 247 gets a lot of stories wrong in the race to be first so don't always count on them to have every detail correct
It doesn't matter to me where he ends up. It's just stupid Nebraska was even mentioned. Plus, I could care less if a player transfers within the conference. Let the kid go where it best fits him.

Context matters. He's a Nebraska kid and Frost is a Nebraska legend trying to resurrect the corpse who the Nebraska kid just wants to play for. AND Vedral would have went here in the first place if circumstances didn't find our program being run by Barnum and Bailey when he graduated. Let it go Knights.

Is he blocked solely for the reason of keeping the other UCF players from transferring to Nebraska as well?

I could see blocking players from following the coach so they don't just have some of their best talent follow Vedral out the door.

Is FSU blocking players from following Fisher to TA&M?

How do you pronounce Vedral? Vee-droll?

As predicted Vedral is coming home. He will be enrolled this semester. One calendar year and he will be able to go on scholarship!

He must be walking on next year.

I wonder if we'll still try to add another high school QB in this recruiting class now?

So he obviously has to sit out a year now and cannot play until 2019.

What does our QB room look like in 2019? Completely different?

He was good enough to be the 2nd string QB, so he must have some talent and stand a chance to play some, if even in a backup roll. Of course by then we will be winning games by 4 TDs and he will get playing time in the 4th quarters if he is a backup!

Is he blocked solely for the reason of keeping the other UCF players from transferring to Nebraska as well?

I could see blocking players from following the coach so they don't just have some of their best talent follow Vedral out the door.

There's not going to be some mass exodus of UCF players to Nebraska. A couple kids who committed to the coaching staff (not UCF) and Vedral, who is a legacy here. The kids committed to UCF will stay there.

If anything, this should make UCF and Heupel happy because it opens up a spot for a Heupel QB recruit.

He is already enrolled according to the UNL student directory:

https://directory.unl.edu/#q/vedral
kvqnRXh.png

I studied the Czech language. It should be: Ved like Ted+rawl. That would be the orginal way but of course many Czech Americanized their names to fit with the English spelling.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
ADVERTISEMENT