ADVERTISEMENT

No, Trev does not have the new coach yet

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
Trev does not have a new coach lined up yet, but of course he has names he wants to target and I’m sure has sent out some soft feelers.

I understand the sentiment that some hope or think he already has his guy, but that isnt how this works.

Any coach worth his salt currently has a safe job. Any coach worth his salt would not forgo a safe job for a boss who is sneaking behind his current head coach to make a deal while the other coach is still there. Its a bad omen and a coach with a safe jobs and prospects doesnt need a boss like that.

Further, trev said he wants someone with a certain leadership character, and I dont think he would expect or want that type of coach to make a deal while coaching a different team. No way.

Of course all that changes now that we dont have a head coach, and trev will be actively looking.

On a personal opinion note, I really hope it isnt Rhule or Bill Obrien. Both are absolute immature gasbags and I cringe when their names come up. Campbell would be a big disappointment as well, but if its either of the first two I would struggle to support them. (Yes, theyre better than frost that goes without saying).

Reactions: trwebe
The coach is considered a state employee, there are rules and regulations regarding how they go about advertising for, interviewing for and hiring the head coach. Trev may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but he knows he must follow the law.

The coach is considered a state employee, there are rules and regulations regarding how they go about advertising for, interviewing for and hiring the head coach. Trev may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but he knows he must follow the law.
It’s really a formality when it comes to a football coach. The clock started today on the publication requirement. Nobody is going to prosecute the AD for agreeing to a hire before the required period is up.

Reactions: WHCSC
It’s really a formality when it comes to a football coach. The clock started today on the publication requirement. Nobody is going to prosecute the AD for agreeing to a hire before the required period is up.
Not so fast! If he doesn’t interview multiple people of color the University is in deep trouble.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Trev does not have a new coach lined up yet, but of course he has names he wants to target and I’m sure has sent out some soft feelers.

I understand the sentiment that some hope or think he already has his guy, but that isnt how this works.

Any coach worth his salt currently has a safe job. Any coach worth his salt would not forgo a safe job for a boss who is sneaking behind his current head coach to make a deal while the other coach is still there. Its a bad omen and a coach with a safe jobs and prospects doesnt need a boss like that.

Further, trev said he wants someone with a certain leadership character, and I dont think he would expect or want that type of coach to make a deal while coaching a different team. No way.

Of course all that changes now that we dont have a head coach, and trev will be actively looking.

On a personal opinion note, I really hope it isnt Rhule or Bill Obrien. Both are absolute immature gasbags and I cringe when their names come up. Campbell would be a big disappointment as well, but if its either of the first two I would struggle to support them. (Yes, theyre better than frost that goes without saying).
Mickey has a better chance of landing it than some might think. He’s got at least a 4-5 game audition to show he can lead

Reactions: headcard
Mickey has a better chance of landing it than some might think. He’s got at least a 4-5 game audition to show he can lead
He just needs to become a familiar face and name for the average fan to recognize. The vast majority don’t know who he is.

Mickey doesn’t have experience as a head coach, so I’m sure that’s the big concern. He’s an impressive person though so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was him.

You must not know anyone under 40.
My kids all know who Mickey is😊
The students and anyone who has graduated in the last 10 years do not. You probably think Knebbers is considered a football power by the vast majority of sports writers, if you do you’re wrong.
not many under 40 year olds are writing checks to the NU Foundation. Nobody cares what they think

Reactions: BleedRed78
Not so fast! If he doesn’t interview multiple people of color the University is in deep trouble.
Good time to lead by interviewing Asain, Indian, Latino, and Black candidates, as well as several options in the LBGTQXYZ community, along with females and people who identify as a football coach.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Good time to lead by interviewing Asain, Indian, Latino, and Black candidates, as well as several options in the LBGTQXYZ community, along with females and people who identify as a football coach.
Your response can be taken as you are not very woke.

Nebraska will undoubtedly hire a person of color count on it.

Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT