ADVERTISEMENT

No Public H.S. Football in Virginia This Fall

Are tax payers going to get lower taxes since the school buildings won’t be used?
tenor.gif

The more states that shut down HS football, combine with spring juco season will have a big ripple effect on future recruiting for sure.

If the season is cancelled this will compound the situation - you will have seniors with an extra year of eligibility and every underclassman with an extra year as well - just 85 scholarships - 2021 class may have to be very very small unless NCAA will allow for increase scholarship allocation which will come at a big price in a time of huge revenue loss

If the season is cancelled this will compound the situation - you will have seniors with an extra year of eligibility and every underclassman with an extra year as well - just 85 scholarships - 2021 class may have to be very very small unless NCAA will allow for increase scholarship allocation which will come at a big price in a time of huge revenue loss
if the season is cancelled, kids will have ~45 D1 programs as an option if they want a scholarship.

otherwise, they can pay for their school and play FCS, which is where G5 and lower conferences will be forced to go if they're able to retain a football program at all.

the sport will fall victim to covid-19. the future many have wanted anyway will be upon us.

here's some context:
EdDepsjWsAg8OO_

taking away the income column leaves a gigantic expenditure column, which essentially goes away entirely by dissolving football.

paints a grim picture for the B1G, one of the richest conferences in the country. imagine what G5 spreadsheets look like.

cancelling the season will mean the effective end of college football. likely forever.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
here's some context:
EdDepsjWsAg8OO_

taking away the income column leaves a gigantic expenditure column, which essentially goes away entirely by dissolving football.

paints a grim picture for the B1G, one of the richest conferences in the country. imagine what G5 spreadsheets look like.

cancelling the season will mean the effective end of college football. likely forever.

if there is any shred of truth that this pandemic is overblown then there shouldn't be any concern - particularly when this position is backed by billions of dollars - every AD and school president wants football and any remotely plausible reason to have it will win the day

Let’s not compare canceling High school football to canceling college football, shall we..

But no doubt it will be harder to evaluate high school players for Div 1 scholarships..

if there is any shred of truth that this pandemic is overblown then there shouldn't be any concern - particularly when this position is backed by billions of dollars - every AD and school president wants football and any remotely plausible reason to have it will win the day
you say this a lot, and, like most things you post, it means nothing.

if scholarship limits are anywhere close to on the radar of college football's biggest concerns after a cancelled season, it will be a miracle.

Reactions: leodisflowers
you say this a lot, and, like most things you post, it means nothing.

if scholarship limits are anywhere close to on the radar of college football's biggest concerns after a cancelled season, it will be a miracle.

Like I said - if this COVID thing is overblown why should there be any concern that football might get cancelled

Reactions: TheBeav815
Like I said - if this COVID thing is overblown why should there be any concern that football might get cancelled
either this pandemic is overblown or airline CEOs don't want to fly bad enough.

after all, it's an industry backed by tens of billions of dollars. no reason to worry about going bankrupt.

what an idiotic false equivalency.

either this pandemic is overblown or airline CEOs don't want to fly bad enough.

after all, it's an industry backed by tens of billions of dollars. no reason to worry about going bankrupt.

what an idiotic false equivalency.

your right - perhaps this whole pandemic thing isn’t overblown and they are making wise albeit difficult decisions.

but what does the airline industry have to do with whether there is football. The conferences - school presidents and ADs can decide they are going to play

your right - perhaps this whole pandemic thing isn’t overblown and they are making wise albeit difficult decisions.

but why do the decisions of airline ceos have to do with football. The conferences - school presidents and ADs can decide they are going to play
I'm drawing a parallel.

they can decide to continue flying. in fact, they have. and they're still losing to the point that the industry will not be able to continue operating as it has.

your insistence on posting such a moronic false equivalency (if covid is fake, then football will happen no problem) is at best disingenuous and at worst a bald-faced troll. neither, frankly, would be surprising considering the source.

Reactions: leodisflowers
that's what this country has become. Blackout Tuesday showed that

Nothing is keeping football from happening this fall if you think COVID is overblown - I think someone even read it would be over in September

I'm drawing a parallel.

they can decide to continue flying. in fact, they have. and they're still losing to the point that the industry will not be able to continue operating as it has.

your insistence on posting such a moronic false equivalency (if covid is fake, then football will happen no problem) is at best disingenuous and at worst a bald-faced troll. neither, frankly, would be surprising considering the source.

where did I say it was fake - if it is basically the flu as some say - no reason there won’t be football

Nice pivot

night shift tonight
pivot? okay. kind of like yours when I said 'fake' instead of 'overblown' without responding at all to your continued pushing of a nonsensical false equivalency?

keep not being able to put together any sort of cogent argument when challenged, doc.

and get some sleep. those patients deserve your full attention. would hate for you to make a mistake because you couldn't stop trolling the husker board.

I don't believe Maryland has announced anything publically but I did see one kid who plays 4A football say his senior season was officially over.

Just as parents of public school kids we got a note the other day that basically said they are throwing out the mixed schedule options and basically going to choose either normal or online only.

Our guess is that means they are going online only.

Edit: Howard County, one of the richer/more populous counties in Maryland, just announced online only.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeav815
You can always catch a child up on their education or play more games. You can never, ever bring back even a single person from being dead.

where did I say it was fake - if it is basically the flu as some say - no reason there won’t be football

Tell the thousands of restaurant owners In many states forced by the government to close that they are free to be open because they want (and need?!) to make money. Why did Baltimore Ravens president say they would allow 14k fans at the games IF the *government* allows any at all? Your argument is 100% wrong and pointless. This ultimately is not up to A.D’s or any university/conference chairman. It ONLY takes the government to overblow this and they can seemingly enforce whatever they want.

There will be no college sports this fall and winter, because it’s freaking political. I figured you’d be happy if football is canceled!

There will be no college sports this fall and winter, because it’s freaking political. I figured you’d be happy if football is canceled!

??

where have I ever said I hoped football was going to be cancelled

Federal executive - House of Representatives - senate - 2/3 are red

every single SEC state (except La) governor + both legislative houses are red (trifecta)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT