ADVERTISEMENT

No pigs in omaha

Nc state will be the underdog and fan favorite next week.

I usually will root for the team that beat my team to do well in a tournament. Unless that team is a conference rival or some other team I have deep-seated hatred for. I caught I guess I would rather see Arkansas do well, then be glad they lost to another two seed at home. That’s sort of puts Nebraska is the third best team of the three

I usually will root for the team that beat my team to do well in a tournament. Unless that team is a conference rival or some other team I have deep-seated hatred for. I caught I guess I would rather see Arkansas do well, then be glad they lost to another two seed at home. That’s sort of puts Nebraska is the third best team of the three

Nebraska has nothing to head their heads about. You guys are building a hell of a program up there. Nebraska baseball is back. Nebraska will own that conference.

Nebraska has nothing to head their heads about. You guys are building a hell of a program up there. Nebraska baseball is back. Nebraska will own that conference.
Not sure anyone is hanging their head. I’m just stating an opinion on who I would root for.

Agreed. You usually want the team that beat you to win. It's always better to lose to the best team. It makes NU look better.

I don't know why this board is butthurt over the loss to the Hogs. It was a home game for them. They razzed Mojo and did their chant. It was fun. Wish we would have beaten them.

Reactions: donahues17
DVH needs his head examined for how he abused Kopps.
My view is the way Arkansas had to burn up their pitching against NU to get to the next level was a factor in them getting bounced out of the tourney. I don't think that means NU is 3rd best. I think the number I heard was Kopps threw 190 pitches last weekend. Yikes. I DO think it means the committee really screwed both NU and Arkansas with the seedings. No way should have NU and Arkansas been in the same bracket. I think NU and Arkansas may very well have both made it to Omaha hadn't been in the same region.

My view is the way Arkansas had to burn up their pitching against NU to get to the next level was a factor in them getting bounced out of the tourney. I don't think that means NU is 3rd best. I think the number I heard was Kopps threw 190 pitches last weekend. Yikes. I DO think it means the committee really screwed both NU and Arkansas with the seedings. No way should have NU and Arkansas been in the same bracket. I think NU and Arkansas may very well have both made it to Omaha hadn't been in the same region.
Amen!

Reactions: Wyldcard
Who knows what would have happened if. We can play the what if all day. What if the Big Ten allowed teams to play in tournaments in the early season and Nebraska losses a couple games coming down south that shouldn’t have? What if Bolt puts in Schwellenbach instead of Bunz in regional championship and he doesn’t give up the run on a wild pitch and the 3 run bomb?

5 of the top 8 national seeds made it to Omaha. One of the other 3 was the national 9 seed. It isn’t like the seeding was flat bad.

The larger point was that I don’t understand the rooting against Arkansas after they beat Nebraska.

Who knows what would have happened if. We can play the what if all day. What if the Big Ten allowed teams to play in tournaments in the early season and Nebraska losses a couple games coming down south that shouldn’t have? What if Bolt puts in Schwellenbach instead of Bunz in regional championship and he doesn’t give up the run on a wild pitch and the 3 run bomb?

5 of the top 8 national seeds made it to Omaha. One of the other 3 was the national 9 seed. It isn’t like the seeding was flat bad.

The larger point was that I don’t understand the rooting against Arkansas after they beat Nebraska.
Because their fans accused Hagge of making obscene gestures at them, which he apparently never did, and proceeded to harass his mother in the stands and online, doxxing her and his girlfriend, etc. This was not run-of-the-mill heckling, security had to patrol the Nebraska parents section. F*** them and anyone who thinks threatening a player's mom is just part of the game 🤣🤣🤣

I don't understand rooting for any team other than NU at all times

I hate all other teams & wish nothing but the worst for them & their fans

Is it really that hard to understand why a Nebraska fan might root against them? Even if you don't? It seems like basic human nature to not want the team that eliminated you to do well. Sports are more heart than head for me, so the algebra of "if the team that beat us wins it makes us look better" never really rang true to me. If Arkansas fans can spend three games booing Mojo "all in good fun" then I can laugh at them losing, no problem.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Because their fans accused Hagge of making obscene gestures at them, which he apparently never did, and proceeded to harass his mother in the stands and online, doxxing her and his girlfriend, etc. This was not run-of-the-mill heckling, security had to patrol the Nebraska parents section. F*** them and anyone who thinks threatening a player's mom is just part of the game 🤣🤣🤣
The jazzing with Mojo was friendly. He had fun with it. Your narrative that all the bad Arkansas fans were meanies is false. It was an isolated incident and security took care of it.

The hatred on this board was/is sad. Arkansas rightfully earned the regional. That made it a home field for them and their fans took advantage of that.

Why are we so sensitive? The only unfortunate thing is that we didn't host a regional of our own. And we almost beat them.

Agreed. You usually want the team that beat you to win. It's always better to lose to the best team. It makes NU look better.

I don't know why this board is butthurt over the loss to the Hogs. It was a home game for them. They razzed Mojo and did their chant. It was fun. Wish we would have beaten them.
Because a lot of Husker fans love to be "offended", pretty much the same stories we hear about every road game.

I don't understand rooting for any team other than NU at all times

I hate all other teams & wish nothing but the worst for them & their fans
C’mon. No one who watches a sporting event, for entertainment, stays impartial for every single game. Rooting for a team or hoping a particular team wins or a particular team loses very common. For example, when A&M is playing any sport, I hope the other team destroys them.

The bigger issue was Warren not allowing them any midweek games so the committee couldn’t evaluate other teams against them..

Starting later made sense so they played everyone this year, but not allowing midweek games was a much bigger mistake and even some of the Big 10 coaches admitted that point, which hurt them in seeding and getting teams qualified..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yup. Kinda takes the lustre off our outing with them

Well now since Arkansas didn’t make it, we can all start hackling the whorns and root against then going 2 and barbecue… Winking

The bigger issue was Warren not allowing them any midweek games so the committee couldn’t evaluate other teams against them..

Starting later made sense so they played everyone this year, but not allowing midweek games was a much bigger mistake and even some of the Big 10 coaches admitted that point, which hurt them in seeding and getting teams qualified..
Why did starting later make sense? The college softball season starts 2 weeks before baseball season. There were a shit ton of softball games played, all around the country, before the first pitch of the baseball season was played. Teams were traveling, tournaments were held, games were played. Well except for a very few conferences. So again I ask, why did that make sense?

Most of the comments I have read were about not being able non conference games, mostly for RPI purposes. A Tuesday and/or Wednesday midweek game wouldn’t have helped the league RPI that much. In 2019 after the big ten schedule started, Nebraska played about 6 midweek games. 3 against Creighton, 2 against Kansas St and 1 against Omaha. Nebraska was able to schedule a late season weekend set with Arizona St though. In 2020, Nebraska preseason included games against Arizona, Arizona St, and Baylor. If Nebraska was able to replicate that strength of schedule in 2021, they may well have been hosting.

I think the Big Ten schedule, playing 4 games in a weekend and double headers on Sat should have been beneficial. It was much more regional-like than single games Tues or Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It forced teams to use more pitchers, which would be needed in post season play.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Why did starting later make sense? The college softball season starts 2 weeks before baseball season. There were a shit ton of softball games played, all around the country, before the first pitch of the baseball season was played. Teams were traveling, tournaments were held, games were played. Well except for a very few conferences. So again I ask, why did that make sense?

Most of the comments I have read were about not being able non conference games, mostly for RPI purposes. A Tuesday and/or Wednesday midweek game wouldn’t have helped the league RPI that much. In 2019 after the big ten schedule started, Nebraska played about 6 midweek games. 3 against Creighton, 2 against Kansas St and 1 against Omaha. Nebraska was able to schedule a late season weekend set with Arizona St though. In 2020, Nebraska preseason included games against Arizona, Arizona St, and Baylor. If Nebraska was able to replicate that strength of schedule in 2021, they may well have been hosting.

I think the Big Ten schedule, playing 4 games in a weekend and double headers on Sat should have been beneficial. It was much more regional-like than single games Tues or Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It forced teams to use more pitchers, which would be needed in post season play.
It made sense because Warren wasn’t allowing to start the baseball season in other parts of the country sooner so why start playing with in your conference in the frigid February weather..

Everybody played midweek games… This is a Warren thing plan and simple..

It made sense because Warren wasn’t allowing to start the baseball season in other parts of the country sooner so why start playing with in your conference in the frigid February weather..

Everybody played midweek games… This is a Warren thing plan and simple..
I thought the early season games were played in round rock Texas and in domes. I know big 10 softball played a bunch of games in Florida. This was done to combat the early season cold weather.

You’re missing my point on midweek games, I am saying those weren’t the difference between Nebraska hosting and not hosting and didn’t do anything to prepare them for a weekend grind of post season. Games against Creighton and Kansas State aren’t pushing your RPI to 16-20.

I thought the early season games were played in round rock Texas and in domes. I know big 10 softball played a bunch of games in Florida. This was done to combat the early season cold weather.

You’re missing my point on midweek games, I am saying those weren’t the difference between Nebraska hosting and not hosting and didn’t do anything to prepare them for a weekend grind of post season. Games against Creighton and Kansas State aren’t pushing your RPI to 16-20.
I understand your point.. Coaches wanted to play midweek games they pointed that out more than starting on February 14..
Kevin Warren doesn’t understand a damn thing..

Also takes more money to fly a baseball team to play in texas or Florida than the softball team, no need to explain that one..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT