ADVERTISEMENT

No NFL preseason?

People who don’t like a preseason don’t get to see the young players play. It’s essential and interesting.

Ugh. The dominos keep falling.

This has no bearing on C-19. Perfect excuse to eliminate preseason games. Owners want them for $$$, players hate them for wear and tear on body. Rookies and free agents want them for playing time.

There will be a new system instituted for new players to get playing time. I think a minor league system of sorts will be be established with a 10-12 game season during the off season for this purpose. Teams will have players sent to these teams to get experience and playing time.

I definitely get you point but this will have no barring on college football. The way it’s looking, some teams will play this year and some might not. Myself, I’d be very shocked if our Huskers didn’t play a few games this year, honestly.
Who makes that call? I think it is clear that Nebraska, the fans, the coaches, and the state will do anything and everything possible to play games. If it is left up to the university, I agree I think we will see some games. However, I could see the ncaa or the BIG10 forcing all teams to shut it down. IMO it should be left of to the individual universities. They should be aloud to play any other school who is able. If we have to have a season that looks like this. Im all for it. From a business side of things the few programs that do play would be able to negotiate massive TV contracts because the whole country would watch SD St vs ND st just to watch football.
Iowa St
Iowa
North Dakota St
Missouri
UNI
Kansas St
Kansas
SD St
ND st
Illinois
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St

Reactions: huskerssalts
I definitely get you point but this will have no barring on college football. The way it’s looking, some teams will play this year and some might not. Myself, I’d be very shocked if our Huskers didn’t play a few games this year, honestly.
It will be interest with conference only games and stare restrictions. NY, NJ & Conn have travel restrictions on states that have up ticks in CV 19. Right now the states of Iowa, MN Ohio, IL and Wisc must quarantine for 14 days. Doest look like Rutgers will be able to go anywhere or host anyone unless there are some concessions for sports.

Let's be honest, barely even 1 of 4 preseason games was watchable in recent years.

Not only that it’s just another way the
owners make money.. Have a buddy that has a couple of Cowboy season tickets and the 2 of the preseason games are included on your season tickets you have to pay for..

ADVERTISEMENT