ADVERTISEMENT

No longer a Rumor - Bad news for the OL

Word on the street is that one of the left OTs is out for a significant period of time. Not 100% sure, but I believe it is Teddy.
Michael Scott No GIF

One of the youngsters is going to have to step up because TC isn't the guy. Sounds like Brix and some others are actually looking decent. I hate it for depth, but haven't seen much out of Teddy if it is true. Either is hurt or doesn't trust his body and doesn't look good.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Hopefully DR isn’t target practice all year long

And REALLY hopefully he doesn’t go find himself a greener pasture if he is
Personally I don't give a crap what it takes to shore up that left side of the Offense. If we have to keep a tight end in there, then so be it. It doesn't do much good to have a TE that is targeted 5 times a game versus having an additional blocker for 60-70 plays. You can play him on the line, or slot him like a wingback, that way he can either downblock or release in the flat.

How many years did TO employ 2 TE's, although usually against a 7-8-9 man front, but primarily for additional blocking on run plays. Not only can the TE offer extra blocking on run plays, he can also help protect that backside rush that can take NU from a potentially good offense, to right back where we were before DR.

As he OC, you do whatever it takes to give that potential difference maker the protection he needs.

Last edited:
This is just further evidence on why we need to pump the brakes on any koolaid drinking for this season. Our depth has improved for sure, but we are still thin at a lot of key positions. We are only three or four injuries away to key starters from going 5-7 again. Fingers crossed!

Thus far, neither guy has shown they are the answer at LT. I don't mind a new kid who's been in the program a year or two having a shot at that LT spot. The newcomer will make mistakes, but TP and TC make plenty of mistakes too. Plus, neither can stay healthy.
I don't disagree but we need all the experienced bodies we can get. There will be more injuries.

I don't disagree but we need all the experienced bodies we can get. There will be more injuries.
I'm hopeful the injury bug doesn't visit the OL the way it did last year with the WR's and RB's.

We need as many bodies as we can get for the OL, but bottom line, neither Teddy or Corcoran have been injury free or productive.

Personally I don't give a crap what it takes to shore up that left side of the Offense. If we have to keep a tight end in there, then so be it. It doesn't do much good to have a TE that is targeted 5 times a game versus having an additional blocker for 60-70 plays.

How many years did TO employ 2 TE's, although usually against a 7-8-9 man front, but primarily for additional blocking on run plays. Not only can the TE offer extra blocking on run plays, he can also help protect that backside rush that can take NU from a potentially good offense, to right back where we were before DR.

As he OC, you do whatever it takes to give that potential difference maker the protection he needs.
None of our TEs seem all that interested in blocking

But I agree with your sentiment

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
None of our TEs seem all that interested in blocking

But I agree with your sentiment
There's a Husker fan on Twitter who broke down the tape of the line play, seems to know what he's talking about, and if I remember right he said TE play, namely inline blocking was the biggest problem on offense besides QB. He said that the offensive line often took the blame for the sh*tty blocking of our TEs.

There's a Husker fan on Twitter who broke down the tape of the line play, seems to know what he's talking about, and if I remember right he said TE play, namely inline blocking was the biggest problem on offense besides QB. He said that the offensive line often took the blame for the sh*tty blocking of our TEs.
Then maybe Rhule recruits 2 less position players and tries to pick up a couple kids that live to block, like your Rathman's, Makovicka's, etc. Everyone on that team understood their value as blockers.

Last edited:
To be fair, the OL is also shitty at blocking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT