ADVERTISEMENT

No fans for Wisconsin....

BigBad&Red

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2003
807cfba8-15e1-4890-9285-d17eaeb45a69

Of course....and they gave us home game against them. Go figure. I’m still lost why they flipped the Purdue and Wisconsin game around like that. Reorder it....fine. But why change the home and away part it between the 2 games? At some point we will have play at Wisconsin in back to back games or worse...three games in a row at Wisconsin.

Of course....and they gave us home game against them. Go figure. I’m still lost why they flipped the Purdue and Wisconsin game around like that. Reorder it....fine. But why change the home and away part it between the 2 games? At some point we will have play at Wisconsin in back to back games or worse...three games in a row at Wisconsin.
And we thought everyone was against us in the Big 12!

It makes zero sense other than someone asking for it to be adjusted in that manner. If we had all division games scheduled why they don’t follow home/away pattern means there was extra adjusting for someone’s liking.

Reactions: huskerssalts
It makes zero sense other than someone asking for it to be adjusted in that manner. If we had all division games scheduled why they don’t follow home/away pattern means there was extra adjusting for someone’s liking.

right, all they had to do was add the MSU game and reorder it to their liking. But changing the Purdue game to a back to back away games against Purdue and giving us back to back home games against Wisconsin is just pointless...like you said, WHY?

right, all they had to do was add the MSU game and reorder it to their liking. But changing the Purdue game to a back to back away games against Purdue and giving us back to back home games against Wisconsin is just pointless...like you said, WHY?
This isn’t only about Nebraska. Those teams need to have a balanced schedule of home and away games also. By flipping them, Nebraska keeps 5 and 5 but those teams would have 6 and 4 accordingly.

This is actually a good thing. It splits Iowa/Wisconsin Northwestern/Minnesota and Purdue/Illinois so that for example, when Wisconsin is a road game Black Friday will be a home game and fixes the problem we've had since joining the Big Ten where we would have years with all weak in conference home opponents and all the marketable games are road games.

This means we won't have any years where our home slate is Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and one of the bottom teams from the East.

Much better odds that at least 2 if not 3 games on the schedule are worth the cost of season tickets to the average person.

Last edited:
I don't think Delaney was shy about the fact that he wanted to use our national brand to make everyone richer. He said he wanted to give us a bunch of marquee matchups and put them on national t.v.

Do you blame him? It's wasn't his fault we suck.

Reactions: Bart Man and WHCSC
I don't think Delaney was shy about the fact that he wanted to use our national brand to make everyone richer. He said he wanted to give us a bunch of marquee matchups and put them on national t.v.

Do you blame him? It's wasn't his fault we suck.
No doubt about it, we are solely responsible for our status in this new league. Our men’s teams have been as disappointing to B1G brass as us Husker fans. Put up or shut up.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT