ADVERTISEMENT

No coach is good enough

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
It amazes me how everyone agrees Frost is not getting it done and is the worst overall coach that NU has had in 50+ years, yet no coach that is actually, potentially attainable is good enough.
Dan Mullen (if he is fired): Not good enough because he hasn't won the SEC title over Bama, Georgia, etc
Hugh Freeze: Good coach but we don't like his past bad decisions.
Matt Campbell: He's overrated and ISU isn't that great now
Ed Orgeron: He's just a bad fit. Now he's an aging womanizer.
Bill O'Brien: Wrong personality.
Jim Harbaugh (if he was fired): Too weird. Couldn't beat OSU. Probably wouldn't have a bit of interest anyway.
Eric Bienemy: Some questions about his past, plus he has just thrived under Andy Reid. Wouldn't cut it as an HC. Worse yet he's a Buff.
Brett Venebles: He just wants to be a DC at Clemson forever. Wouldn't cut it as a HC.
Lane Kiffin: Just too smug and brash. Even his wife couldn't stand him.
PJ Fleck: He is annoying and really sucks even though he keeps beating us.
Mark Stoops: Can't win meaningful games in the SEC. We need a winner.
Zac Taylor: Just thriving now because of Burrow and Chase. Plus he wouldn't come here.
...you get the idea...

If Dan Mullen is available we should by all means go after him. I would give Hugh Freeze a serious interview and ask him a lot of tough questions. We can't continue to be a shit program.

It amazes me how everyone agrees Frost is not getting it done and is the worst overall coach that NU has had in 50+ years, yet no coach that is actually, potentially attainable is good enough.
Dan Mullen (if he is fired): Not good enough because he hasn't won the SEC title over Bama, Georgia, etc
Jim Harbaugh (if he was fired): Too weird. Couldn't beat OSU. Probably wouldn't have a bit of interest anyway.
Eric Bienemy: Some questions about his past, plus he has just thrived under Andy Reid. Wouldn't cut it as an HC. Worse yet he's a Buff.
Brett Venebles: He just wants to be a DC at Clemson forever. Wouldn't cut it as a HC.
Zac Taylor: Just thriving now because of Burrow and Chase. Plus he wouldn't come here.
...you get the idea...

If Dan Mullen is available we should by all means go after him. I would give Hugh Freeze a serious interview and ask him a lot of tough questions. We can't continue to be a shit program.
Dan Mullen could likely win 9-10 games per season if he came here. I personally think that would be great, but will that be good enough for the fans who want conference championships every year?

Reactions: Red I 73
...you get the idea...

You settle down.

Reactions: WHCSC and DrPurify
...you get the idea...

Come on. Outside of Fleck, everyone on that list would be welcomed with open arms.

You're leaving alot of names off your list also.

Mike Gundy
Dave Aranda
Jim Leonhard
Luke Fickell
Dana Holgerson
Coastal Carolina head coach
Georgia defensive coordinator

And I still like Bienemy and Ed Orgeron

IMO Orgeron and Mike Gundy would be perfect fits, would be lifers and would WIN 9-10+ every year in this weak ass division...

Reactions: HBK4life
You know how many intelligent, competent, quality coaches are out there right now? NFL assistants, CFB coordinators. Hell, HS guys could do better than Frost. Don't limit your lists to just the known. Their are a ton of guys who would kill for an opportunity to coach a blue blood like Nebraska. Facilities, tradition, Big 10 money, fan support. All they need is a chance.

Mike Gundy
Dave Aranda
Jim Leonhard
Luke Fickell
Dana Holgerson

IMO Orgeron and Mike Gundy would be perfect fits, would be lifers and would WIN 9-10+ every year in this weak ass division...
Fans will quickly tire of only winning 9-10 games per season and will clamor for a coach who will take Nebraska to the next level.

We need to build a bonfire on the 50. Hire some Cajun voodoo MFer. Bring in 71 gallons of chicken blood and 32lbs of crow bones, 42 live bats and a three toed sloth. Then have the Cajun dance naked around the fire with the sloth while the bats circle overhead. Combine the blood with the bones, while chanting Nancy Pelosi over and over until the name of a program saviour appears as a foggy vision in the sky.

Mike Gundy
Dave Aranda
Jim Leonhard
Luke Fickell
Dana Holgerson

Leave Bienemy for Colorado.. Oregeron isn’t a option.

Gundy would be worth at least asking..
Aranda has been my top choice but so was Frost 4 years ago..
I’ll let Trev do his job sure it will be better than F’ing Eichorst was..

Reactions: BleedRed78
You know how many intelligent, competent, quality coaches are out there right now? NFL assistants, CFB coordinators. Hell, HS guys could do better than Frost. Don't limit your lists to just the known. Their are a ton of guys who would kill for an opportunity to coach a blue blood like Nebraska. Facilities, tradition, Big 10 money, fan support. All they need is a chance.
I could win 4 games a year at Nebraska.

...you get the idea...

Dave Aranda

Reactions: headcard
...you get the idea...

Gruden. Instant recruiting success and QBs lining up to get in. If we don’t hire him somebody else will. We’re not hiring for a church choir director and I don’t give a rats a** about some email he wrote 8 years ago. Take advantage of the situation and hire the guy.

Gruden. Instant recruiting success and QBs lining up to get in. If we don’t hire him somebody else will. We’re not hiring for a church choir director and I don’t give a rats a** about some email he wrote 8 years ago. Take advantage of the situation and hire the guy.
Was a great coach in the NFL, not sure how he would fare at the college level.

Gary Patterson out at TCU. Back in 2017, the prior four seasons he had gone 40-13 (.754) and Patterson was one of the hottest prospects in the nation. Now unemployed.

Reactions: tpmcg

Mike Gundy
Dave Aranda
Jim Leonhard
Luke Fickell
Dana Holgerson

hire georgia's dc, asap......shouldn't really be any debate....trev just needs to think 0's

Reactions: BleedRed78
does the Fresno st coach pique interest. SD native.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT