ADVERTISEMENT

No coach in college football wants to rebuild Nebraska as badly as Frost does

uberism1111

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 28, 2019
People can have their doubts, etc, but there is no other college football coach in the college game that would want to rebuild Nebraska with the same passion as Frost does.

He will get it done folks. There are always ugly times before greatness comes. All you have to do is ask Nick Saban at Michigan State, Barry Alvarez and his first 3 seasons at WI, Dabo and his first years at Clemson, and many other examples that I could share.

We will make a bowl game and keep the rebuild going.

Frost is the right guy and he will make the tough choices when they are warranted/needed. The sun came up today and it will come up tomorrow. Go out and recruit this week and get back to coaching later in the week and get ready to beat Indiana.

He has at least 5 years to turn things around, and year number two is over half way done. Hopefully next year will begin the upward trajectory.

We will make a bowl game if Wan’Dale is healthy.
Don't hold your breath for Wandale. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have a fractured fibula after watching them palpate his lower leg. They illicited great pain when touching his distal fibula.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Don't hold your breath for Wandale. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have a fractured fibula after watching them palpate his lower leg. They illicited great pain when touching his distal fibula.

I fractured a fibula before. Finished mowing and went to work for 3 days with it mainly because I qas in denial and didn't want to dig into my sick leave. If he broke it he won't be playing the remainder of the year.

I can think of many, many people that would badly want to rebuild Nebraska for a guaranteed $35 million.
I agree with you but the real test will come when one of his assistants isn't cutting it. Will it be Cosgrovian loyalty or Nebraska loyalty?

Sorry but the premise of this thread is so far off the mark. Just because someone has a passion for something.....does not mean that they can achieve whatever that passion is for.

I use to have a passion for singing....I'm great at karaoke....did some in front of groups of people. BUT...none the less that doesn't mean I can take the world by storm and become a success at it. I can dream but that doesn't make it so.

Yes, I understand that this is a little different. But my point is just because he evidently has a passion for it (which I think remains to really be seen IMO....hell I would come back to my alma mater too for $35 million guaranteed).

I am not saying he can't or won't do it (given enough time)....but just because you think he has a passion for it is no guarantee.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Frost has won everywhere he's been. He's a winner with a winner's attitude and determination.

He knows the ropes at NU and wilL get it done.

He acted genuinely pissed at the post game and really wanted to speak some truth on some guys but held back. Pretty good sign in my book.

I fractured a fibula before. Finished mowing and went to work for 3 days with it mainly because I qas in denial and didn't want to dig into my sick leave. If he broke it he won't be playing the remainder of the year.
Ahman Green played his whole soph year with a fractured fibula. Martinez's "high ankle sprain" was in fact a fractured fibula. Some of it depends on exactly where it breaks and how much pain tolerance you have but I agree that with the way he has to cut, he would be a long shot to play again this year.

Reactions: HuskerDana
the question to me is simply
1. can frost recruit the players to Nebraska to make his passing type offense go?
everything depends on that question.

Reactions: huskerfan1000
Barry Alvarez

First season 1-10
Second season 5-6 (lost 6 games in a row)
Third season 5-6
Fourth season 10-1-1 Rose Bowl champs
Fifth season 8-4
Sith season 4-5-2
He then went the next 5 years with 8 wins or more

WI football was dead and burned to the ashes when Alvarez was hired. Same thing here when Frost was hired.

If Frost gets to 6-6 during this regular season it isn't that far from the record that Alvarez had at W in his second year.

Dabo at Clemson

First season (7 games when he took over as the coach) 4-3
Second season 9-5
Third season 6-7
Fourth season 10-4 (gave up 70 points in a bowl game)

Dabo made a coaching change at DC after that 70 bowl game. The move payed off

Alvarez kept the same staff in place all those years and it payed off.

When you are rebuilding a program from the ashes, there are going to be surprises along the way and some ugly shit that needs working on. If you expected immediate perfection, then that is on you and not the staff/football program.

There will be regressons and rebounds on both sides of the ball over the next couple of years as the roster forms into the Frost vision. This year there are only 2 starters on D that were recruited by Frost. And they are the better players on that side of the ball. Next year we might see as many as 6 or 7 guys starting on D that were recruited by Frost. On offense our best players are freshman and sophomores, outside of JD.

When Beamer took over Virginia Tech and built them into a national level program during his time it took him 7 years to get to 9 wins. He then went 17 out of 18 years with 8 wins or more and most of those years had 10 wins or more.

Do you want long-term success or not? Yes you do. So you gotta build this the right way and that is going to cause some heartache and pain as the rebuild takes place but once it gets rebuilt the results are going to be fun.

People can have their doubts, etc, but there is no other college football coach in the college game that would want to rebuild Nebraska with the same passion as Frost does.

He will get it done folks. There are always ugly times before greatness comes. All you have to do is ask Nick Saban at Michigan State, Barry Alvarez and his first 3 seasons at WI, Dabo and his first years at Clemson, and many other examples that I could share.

Frost is the right guy and he will make the tough choices when they are warranted/needed. The sun came up today and it will come up tomorrow. Go out and recruit this week and get back to coaching later in the week and get ready to beat Indiana.

I pointed this out in another thread about some Head Coaches we know who had to pull off complete rebuilds and how long it took them. Barry Alvarez and Kirk Ferentz both took 4 years before they hit good. Both of these Head Coaches only went 1-10 in year one and both struggled bad in year 2 (5-6 and 3-8). Complete rebuilds take time and that’s exactly what we are in right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskred01
Uber. Great post. I didn’t expect ucf 2.0 when Frost came home. I just hoped we would stop getting blow out of the water by decent teams. Living in Sooner territory makes it all worse. Ol Cally was right... f-ing hillbillies

Concur. Broke both of mine 10 years apart from eachother. First the right, then the left.. You can do simple things with it broken which is why I didn't go in for 2 days with either of them...Running and cutting are not simple and will take the rest of the year to heal.

Scott is the man for the job! Second guess all you want he will get it done, ponder for just a moment what he came back to? How many NU players have been drafted over the last 5 years?

Scott is the man for the job! Second guess all you want he will get it done, ponder for just a moment what he came back to? How many NU players have been drafted over the last 5 years?
2019 - 0.
2018 - 1.
2017 - 1.
2016 - 4.
2015 - 3.

OSU
2019 - 9.
2018 - 7.
2017 - 7.
2016 - 12.
2015 - 5.

Bamma
2019 - 10.
2018 - 12.
2017 - 10.
2016 - 7.
2015 - 7.

Clemson
2019 - 6.
2018 - 3.
2017 - 6.
2016 - 9.
2015 - 5.

Last edited:
Barry Alvarez

First season 1-10
Second season 5-6 (lost 6 games in a row)
Third season 5-6
Fourth season 10-1-1 Rose Bowl champs
Fifth season 8-4
Sith season 4-5-2
He then went the next 5 years with 8 wins or more

WI football was dead and burned to the ashes when Alvarez was hired. Same thing here when Frost was hired.

If Frost gets to 6-6 during this regular season it isn't that far from the record that Alvarez had at W in his second year.

Dabo at Clemson

First season (7 games when he took over as the coach) 4-3
Second season 9-5
Third season 6-7
Fourth season 10-4 (gave up 70 points in a bowl game)

Dabo made a coaching change at DC after that 70 bowl game. The move payed off

Alvarez kept the same staff in place all those years and it payed off.

When you are rebuilding a program from the ashes, there are going to be surprises along the way and some ugly shit that needs working on. If you expected immediate perfection, then that is on you and not the staff/football program.

There will be regressons and rebounds on both sides of the ball over the next couple of years as the roster forms into the Frost vision. This year there are only 2 starters on D that were recruited by Frost. And they are the better players on that side of the ball. Next year we might see as many as 6 or 7 guys starting on D that were recruited by Frost. On offense our best players are freshman and sophomores, outside of JD.

When Beamer took over Virginia Tech and built them into a national level program during his time it took him 7 years to get to 9 wins. He then went 17 out of 18 years with 8 wins or more and most of those years had 10 wins or more.

Do you want long-term success or not? Yes you do. So you gotta build this the right way and that is going to cause some heartache and pain as the rebuild takes place but once it gets rebuilt the results are going to be fun.

I understand what you are trying to rationalize here, but the is a whole list of coaches out there who have flopped coming to a Power 5 job. I am not saying that Frost will flop, but what I would say is that Frost probably has more in common with a guy like Dan Hawkins than he does with a guy like Barry Alvarez.

For every Swiney, Alvarez or Beamer there is 3, 4, 5 coaches that couldn't get it done, especially in the Big 10. You have names like Brewster, Hope, Hazell, Hoke, Rodriquez, Smith, Ash, Flood, Edsall, Durkin that are recent coaches in the Big 10 who could not get it done.

I hope Frost can get things headed in the right direction. To be honest there is probably a just a small handful of elite coaches in college football right now. Frost is currently not one of them, and that is fine, but to think that he is closer to Dabo Swiney right now than he is to someone like Sean Lewis (the head coach at Kent State), you are lying to yourself.

I think the best thing for the program is to commit to sticking with Frost and his entire staff for the foreseeable future. We've had enough rebuild attempts to know that there aren't any quick fixes. Let's see if there is something to be gained with staff/scheme continuity.

Want to may no equal success or beingvthe right guy. Im not saying he isnt the right guy but we HAVE TO HAVE difference makers as coaches. Im not saying our staff is terrible, but Frost asside there isnt 1 difference maker on the staff. No Leonord or Grinch who just flat out make players around them
great

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT