ADVERTISEMENT

NIT game thread

Yeah but they’ve gotten to the rim in every possession since the change. Just because they finall hit a couple of shots doesn’t mean the zone wasn’t working. Not gonna pitch a shutout.
Not arguing that. Just trying to explain why we might have left it.

so should we sub in Thor for Borchardt to put another ball handler on the floor?

Rough night for the Big East. Georgetown liost too and St. John’s can’t get out of its own way.

Reactions: huskerfan66
These kids have to be dead. Playing six players. Short handed for weeks now. I am really happy they are all Huskers.
And Miles still had 3 timeouts with a minute left. Poor coaching by Miles. Use your TOs and give the guys some rest......

just speaks to players leaving because the coaching wasn't accountable, Trueblood wasn't the only one that should have gotten more minutes, IMO - and many of theirs obviously.

There's been plenty of in-state talent recently, most went elsewhere. Justin Patton, Khyri Thomas, Mike Daum, Tre'Shawn Thurman, David Wingett, Teddy Allen, Tyler Hagedorn, Baylor Scheierman. Imagine if Miles had recruited all of them. Ironically, Miles had success at CSU by recruiting all of the Nebraska kids that Sadler passed on.

Hopefully Hoiberg can keep Donovan Williams, Chucky Hepburn, and Hunter Sallis in-state.
Aguek Arop, Isaiah Williams, Ed Chang, Aguir Agau, Akoy Agau, Mitch Hahn........there is D1 talent here. They may not all be stars and you can’t take them all, but there is talent here.

Would be a lot of fun to beat TCU and get another game in Nebraska with the winner making its way to NYC. I bet that game in the CHI center would draw a nice crowd also.

You know what this really shows?

1. How lame it is to try using a long bench
2. How un-tired high level D1 players get
3. You might as well keep your best players in and treat it like it is a video game.

Coaches try to hard to make their job difficult.

Reactions: dinglefritz

3. You might as well keep your best players in and treat it like it is a video game.

I agree with you. Although I can understand wanting to build some depth for a five-month-long season, I think most coaches are too quick to pull their starters. And as for last night's game, it was the first for NU in five days. I really don't think any of them were feeling the effects of the Big Ten Tournament.

Aguek Arop, Isaiah Williams, Ed Chang, Aguir Agau, Akoy Agau, Mitch Hahn........there is D1 talent here. They may not all be stars and you can’t take them all, but there is talent here.
Daum as well. Gotta take some chances on in state kids.

I agree with you. Although I can understand wanting to build some depth for a five-month-long season, I think most coaches are too quick to pull their starters. And as for last night's game, it was the first for NU in five days. I really don't think any of them were feeling the effects of the Big Ten Tournament.

Amen

Fun time at the Vault last night.. Great for Tim Miles winning one last game there...

TCU will be a interesting game being that it is at 8:30 at night, might not be much of a home court advantage as it was for the Huskers last night..

Then again, think about if the bench had been so long that Johnny got to play and then miles realized he's better than half the guys that were playing.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Then again, think about if the bench had been so long that Johnny got to play and then miles realized he's better than half the guys that were playing.
Thomas Allen actually had a pretty solid season before he hurt his ankle. It's easy to overlook that, given that nobody transcribed his every move on the court.

Allen was solid. Johnny gave the team something nana could not though. Teammates really like playing with him.

Allen was solid. Johnny gave the team something nana could not though. Teammates really like playing with him.
Akenten regressed as the year went on, and was definitely a disappointment. Other than that, NU's role players were pretty solid.

Thomas Allen actually had a pretty solid season before he hurt his ankle. It's easy to overlook that, given that nobody transcribed his every move on the court.
Allen could get hot. His defense was shaky at best and his rebounding was non-existent. IMO, we're better with Trueblood on the floor than Allen BUT both would have been nice to have. Allen HAS to step up his intensity next year.

Allen could get hot. His defense was shaky at best and his rebounding was non-existent. IMO, we're better with Trueblood on the floor than Allen BUT both would have been nice to have. Allen HAS to step up his intensity next year.
Allen was second on the team in steals at the time that he went down and he often drew one of the toughest defensive assignments. What was shaky at best about his defense? I remember him completely shutting down Alexander in the Creighton game and playing some other 2-guards very tough. Who did he have poor defensive games against?

ADVERTISEMENT