ADVERTISEMENT

NIT game thread

Trueblood does so well because he knows his role. Plays hard. Pass first. When he drives he looks to dish. He’s somebody this team missed during the drought.
He creates shots for other guys, rebounds, plays tough D. When Miles said this is a "passive team", he was right....until he started playing Thor and Trueblood more. Those guys don't mind getting dirty.

What's aggravating is in the recent past, FB and BB just discount Nebraska kids. Look how many got away. Ksu, isu, Iowa, Wyoming, the lust is long. Nebraska kids have an intangible.....heart. not always about them, but the team.

Reactions: Husker Hambone
Who says Nebraska doesn't have div 1 talent. Trueblood......an had to be a walkon.

There's been plenty of in-state talent recently, most went elsewhere. Justin Patton, Khyri Thomas, Mike Daum, Tre'Shawn Thurman, David Wingett, Teddy Allen, Tyler Hagedorn, Baylor Scheierman. Imagine if Miles had recruited all of them. Ironically, Miles had success at CSU by recruiting all of the Nebraska kids that Sadler passed on.

Hopefully Hoiberg can keep Donovan Williams, Chucky Hepburn, and Hunter Sallis in-state.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Be smart now Huskers. Don't give them life. We can't afford to have people fouling out because of stupid technical fouls.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Stupid play TB.
Disagree, the fact he got T'd is just more proof of what a joke these refs are. That guy on Butler was getting in the refs face after he got called for a foul and got nothing. If these refs were doing their jobs right, Butler would have at least 2 or 3 more Ts. Game has almost gotten out of hand a few times because they refuse to do their jobs.

There's been plenty of in-state talent recently, most went elsewhere. Justin Patton, Khyri Thomas, Mike Daum, Tre'Shawn Thurman, David Wingett, Teddy Allen, Tyler Hagedorn, Baylor Scheierman. Imagine if Miles had recruited all of them. Ironically, Miles had success at CSU by recruiting all of the Nebraska kids that Sadler passed on.

Hopefully Hoiberg can keep Donovan Williams, Chucky Hepburn, and Hunter Sallis in-state.
Exactly. Just think IF they would have been appreciated enough to stay. Miles would probably still have a job.

Be smart now Huskers. Don't give them life. We can't afford to have people fouling out because of stupid technical fouls.
Agree. Let the Butler dicks run their mouths. As horrible as they are at attacking a zone, don’t give them free points.

Reactions: mmunso7
Holy shit. Don’t give them 3s. My gawd. It is unreal. These guys can’t shoot worth shit except from 3 range

Miles is going to coach his way to another good job (UNLV?). Things might work out best for all parties involved.

Good for him. I don’t hold any animosity towards him. I’m happy he won’t be here any longer. But I always liked him. It’s time to go, especially if we get Hoiberg. But I wish him the best.

I would not have dropped the zone just because they hit two threes. Zone was working - just close out on that guy.

I read in an article that Johnny T. wants to be a coach. It will be interesting if he follows Miles.....JT said he would be applying for grad asst openings after this season ends

I think they got a couple of wide open 3s when we were zoning though.
Yeah but they’ve gotten to the rim in every possession since the change. Just because they finall hit a couple of shots doesn’t mean the zone wasn’t working. Not gonna pitch a shutout.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT