ADVERTISEMENT

NIL should help Nebraska

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
I would estimate that Nebraska is still in the top 10 nationally in terms of following and that has to make potential advertisers interested and working out NIL deals. If the coaching staff can't sell that to potential recruits then we need to get better recruiters. Players like Frazier and Crouch and Suh would have made millions from NIL had it existed at the time.

I haven’t read anything about large deals like we are hearing elsewhere. Some players have admitted they haven’t received a thing. Seems like we need someone and perhaps the lambrecht bruning business will help get sponsors.

We do have a large, rabid fan base. But what we need to make it a positive is a huge business or group that does something specifically for our players and/or potential players. Haven’t heard anything like that yet from Nebraska.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
In terms of apparel contracts, considering most UNL apparel I see is 15-20 years old, the current players can expect to make some money when they are 40.

It say alot about the state of affairs regarding Nebraska football right now. All these other "big time" programs and the local community are rewarding these players handsomely "legally" with cars, endorsements and cash. Yet Nebraska down so bad that players can't do more coach peewee football and get free wrapped up hamburgers!

I honestly don't understand this. Nebraska needed an AD, Pres, boosters who could lean on businesses thru the state to get these players compensated like other schools. There is no way in the 90's that some Chevy or Buick dealer wouldn't have kicked out vehicles for players......what's the damn problem now???!!!

This is what is going to help with recruiting if hey get it right! If they don't then the TALENT gap is going to get even BIGGER!!

I actually believe NIL will help both Nebraska and Iowa. The only two Big Ten states with no Major Pro Sports franchise. Time will tell.

It say alot about the state of affairs regarding Nebraska football right now. All these other "big time" programs and the local community are rewarding these players handsomely "legally" with cars, endorsements and cash. Yet Nebraska down so bad that players can't do more coach peewee football and get free wrapped up hamburgers!

I honestly don't understand this. Nebraska needed an AD, Pres, boosters who could lean on businesses thru the state to get these players compensated like other schools. There is no way in the 90's that some Chevy or Buick dealer wouldn't have kicked out vehicles for players......what's the damn problem now???!!!

This is what is going to help with recruiting if hey get it right! If they don't then the TALENT gap is going to get even BIGGER!!
Why do you think Lambrecht left? He's working on starting a PR firm for Husker players to make deals. The infrastructure takes time when you're not a juggernaut anymore, but it's in the works. Some more wins this season will help (everything, including recruiting).

Why do you think Lambrecht left? He's working on starting a PR firm for Husker players to make deals. The infrastructure takes time when you're not a juggernaut anymore, but it's in the works. Some more wins this season will help (everything, including recruiting).

If I owned a Ford or GM dealership in Lincoln more than a few players will be riding round in my trucks. I wouldn't need help from someone at Nebraska.

Also Nebraska was supposed to been working on NIL longer than anyone else in the country from what was said with Blake Lawrence and Opendorse. Why would they lag behind the other schools.

Yes winning helps, but the energy isn't being the program from the community.

Reactions: donahues17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT