ADVERTISEMENT

NIL potential rankings by school

Oct 12, 2016
Curious if anyone has seen any analysis done forecasting which programs can do best here. I assume Oregon can clean house with Nike. I think Ohio State will do extremely well with the whole state of Ohio to themselves, same with Nebraska and its rabid fan base. Seems like a lot of states have multiple programs or a school with lack luster fan base. Unlike Ohio Nebraska has no professional teams, it also is the only team around.

I hope that I am wrong but I can't see where is this anything but great news for heavily populated areas/states or major media states like Florida, Texas and California. Even though they have a ton of schools, there is a ton of money. I don't see where Nebraska will be relevant in any major sport outside of Volleyball, I guess it will be like the past 20 years outside of some oddities like this years baseball team :(

I hope that I am wrong but I can't see where is this anything but great news for heavily populated areas/states or major media states like Florida, Texas and California. Even though they have a ton of schools, there is a ton of money. I don't see where Nebraska will be relevant in any major sport outside of Volleyball, I guess it will be like the past 20 years outside of some oddities like this years baseball team :(
That's what I am thinking as well. Calling us rabid fans has nothing to do with it. It eventually comes down to numbers of people who buy products and Nebraska, competition or not, isn't a very big state. The recent Nebraska tour didn't seem to bring them out of the isles so what makes everyone think NIL will? There are only so many businesses like Runza in Nebraska as well compared to bigger areas such as Michigan, Florida, Alabama, etc. I understand we are the only show in town here but still, it's a numbers game.

Visibility. You can strike a deal as some random company that nobody knows about for a RG at USCw and very few eyes are going to see it. It's not going to make a damn difference in the company's profits. Now sign a deal with a player at Nebraska that has a much larger visibility per capita and the company with the product is going to reap more benefits.

The reason why NIL should end up a big hit at USCw is not because there are millions of people living in that area, it's the media/broadcasting/studios type of stuff that can be done for photo shoots, sponsorships, etc. Think of how much money Reggie Bush would have made at USCw during this playing day? Millions.

Oregon, Nebraska, USCw, and UCLA are expected to get the most benefit. LA is for obvious reasons. oregon with Nike. Nebraska with entire state plus regional cities and no real local competition with pro sports.

That's what I am thinking as well. Calling us rabid fans has nothing to do with it. It eventually comes down to numbers of people who buy products and Nebraska, competition or not, isn't a very big state. The recent Nebraska tour didn't seem to bring them out of the isles so what makes everyone think NIL will? There are only so many businesses like Runza in Nebraska as well compared to bigger areas such as Michigan, Florida, Alabama, etc. I understand we are the only show in town here but still, it's a numbers game.
Exactly, it's a #s game and Nebraska competes very well, take population divided by professional teams in area and by # of universities. Rabid fan base matters tremendously as no business will pay for NIL unless it will bring in customers and/or business for them. New Jersey has #s but people won't buy anything just because of Rutgers players, they will for Jets/Giants/Yankees/Mets/NBA teams/Hockey teams.

Oregon, Nebraska, USCw, and UCLA are expected to get the most benefit. LA is for obvious reasons. oregon with Nike. Nebraska with entire state plus regional cities and no real local competition with pro sports.
Off the top of my head, I think OSU(Columbus) and Texas(Austin) can benefit strongly here too. Those major metropolitan areas don’t have Major pro sports currently.

There's good information in there about Nebraska and the possible earning ability for your typical athlete.

For those that are not going to take time to read it, the estimate is $2k per year. For most college athletes they will not make the $2k mark for various reasons (laziness, momy and daddy pay for everything, etc) but a school willing to work with businesses, athletes and fans will reap the benefits and it will become a recruiting advantage.

Fans of any school think NIL will make a huge difference for their football program and the delusional thinking that they can find millions of dollars worth of deals to land the 5-stars. It's pure stupidity.

I've seen some Minnesota fans saying the F500 companies in Minnesota should make big-dollar deals but what those morons don't realize is that a F500 gains nothing from signing a deal with an uknown (nationally) college athlete. local dealership That signs up any new incoming OL recruits every year for $10k ad for radio, TV, whatever it may be, is what will get the attention of recruits.

Individual earnings via selling shit on their own is just their own shit.

The ability to earn a consistent income is what will get the attention of parents and recruits, not the "but if you become a star like Trevor Lawrence you too could earn what he did." It's all BS that isn't going to work. Tell al kid that all incoming OL recruits do a TV ad for the local dealers ship for $10k...boom!!!

Off the top of my head, I think OSU(Columbus) and Texas(Austin) can benefit strongly here too. Those major metropolitan areas don’t have Major pro sports currently.
Maybe. But OSU already is at the top of college football so there isn't much room for them to move up.

Reactions: Husker69
A perfect example of how fans can even help make money for players. You have the university and coaches encourage fans to pay for these type of shoutouts and that can help in recruiting. How many fans does Northwestern have that would pay for this? Not many. How many fans does Nebraska have that would pay for this? Thousands.

The Columbus Crew is the defending MLS champion. The Columbus Blue Jackets had a terrible season this year but made the NHL playoffs the preceding 4 years. Austin has a new MLS team that began play this year.

I expect NIL to fall flat on it's face, except for maybe a couple of athletes a year..

how many t-shirts are you going to buy? seriously. I won't be buying a single one.

I know it's contrary to popular opinion, but things have a way of working out like that.. the opposite of what you expect seems to happen.

I expect NIL to fall flat on it's face, except for maybe a couple of athletes a year..

how many t-shirts are you going to buy? seriously. I won't be buying a single one.

I know it's contrary to popular opinion, but things have a way of working out like that.. the opposite of what you expect seems to happen.

I don't expect clothing to sell much at all for most athletes. A family wanting to pay an athlete to have their name said on a video Tweet is easy for an athlete and so is doing a 30 second ad for radio, tv, etc. is it going to make a big difference for all college athletes? Hell no. I always keep harping on the few programs that it will make a difference for and it will take businesses that are passionate about the universities to invest in the athletes annually.

Merida The Columbus Crew is the defending MLS champion. The Columbus Blue Jackets had a terrible season this year but made the NHL playoffs the preceding 4 years. Austin has a new MLS team that began play this year.
I meant the three major sports in America for men’s sports.

Lexi Sun would become a multi millionaire overnight if she released a lingerie line and modeled it herself on her website.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I hope the people asking about why Miami isn’t one of them are trolling, because if not, then good God talk about clueless.

When this is what your stadium looks like during a home game, it’s safe to say you don’t have a passionate fan base that is going to generate clicks and thus drive up endorsement deals.
720x450.jpg

These businesses will just be pass-through fronts for boosters to give money to players. I don’t think there will be a legitimate business purpose.
If Warren Buffet agreed to pay Runza 1 mil for 1 Runza if they agreed to give Quinn Ewers or whoever 1 mill in exchange for then signing with his fav team…what’s to stop any of that. Write into the contract payable in 3 years so no transfers.

There are only so many schools which Johnny golden five star can go to to make lots and lots of money.

Being a third string five star has less benefit than being the number one quarterback at Texas tech putting up great numbers
Go Blue!

There are only so many schools which Johnny golden five star can go to to make lots and lots of money.

Being a third string five star has less benefit than being the number one quarterback at Texas tech putting up great numbers
Go Blue!

Maybe meat-chicken players can get endorsement contracts from personal injury lawyers.

Just Lexi
when I go to sleep
Inever count sheep
I count all the charms about Lexi

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT