ADVERTISEMENT

NIL contracts?

jozimmer

Walk On
Sep 3, 2005
Does anyone know any details of the NIL contracts the players sign? Is there an exit clause stating if you enter the portal you must pay back X% or something? Did Martinez have to repay anything to Runza when he transferred? Coaches have financial penalties when they leave early, so I think players should too.

Does anyone know any details of the NIL contracts the players sign? Is there an exit clause stating if you enter the portal you must pay back X% or something? Did Martinez have to repay anything to Runza when he transferred? Coaches have financial penalties when they leave early, so I think players should too.
I would imagine each NIL contract is unique without any common standard.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I would agree each is different. Many of the contracts have stipulations and requirements for the player to adhere to, such as tweeting out a created message to all of their followers or appearances at certain events. Assuming all of the prior commitments and requirements have been met, typically nothing is taken away, but if future requirements are not met, the athlete may find themselves in default and not being paid. But it all depends on the agreement.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT