ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and the Big Ten West

My guess is that you have no idea why Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU. My guess is that you also have no idea what other schools were and are in danger of being kicked out and what those schools had in common. I'd also bet that you dont know what's significant about how the Nebraska system is structured that if changed would have likely prevented them from being kicked out.
I do know and it is the growth in research dollars spent. Neb had been under review for some time and their just wasn’t enough growth. The medical school’s #s weren’t allowed by the AAU. Neb & Syracuse exited the AAU at the same time. Neb was the first school in the history of the organization that got kicked out by the 2/3 member vote. Syracuse left voluntarily because they couldn’t meet benchmarks, while Perlman threw a fit but got nowhere.

I do know and it is the growth in research dollars spent. Neb had been under review for some time and their just wasn’t enough growth. The medical school’s #s weren’t allowed by the AAU. Neb & Syracuse exited the AAU at the same time. Neb was the first school in the history of the organization that got kicked out by the 2/3 member vote. Syracuse left voluntarily because they couldn’t meet benchmarks, while Perlman threw a fit but got nowhere.
And if the University of Nebraska Med Center's research dollars were added to the school its actually a part of (like it should been) would they have been kicked out? If they weighed agricultural research dollars like they weighed other forms of research dollars would they have been kicked out? If Nebraska hadn't just jumped from the BIG 12 to the BIG 10 would they have been kicked out?

Simple question, what does AAU and Iowa State have anything to do with NIL and the Big Ten West?

And if the University of Nebraska Med Center's research dollars were added to the school its actually a part of (like it should been) would they have been kicked out? If they weighed agricultural research dollars like they weighed other forms of research dollars would they have been kicked out? If Nebraska hadn't just jumped from the BIG 12 to the BIG 10 would they have been kicked out?
My understanding is they would not include the med Ctr #s because it is in Omaha and not physically located anywhere near the main campus. Your assumption about conference affiliation doesn’t explain why more than 2/3 of the members voted for expulsion. The B12 only had 7 AAU schools prior to realignment

My understanding is they would not include the med Ctr #s because it is in Omaha and not physically located anywhere near the main campus. Your assumption about conference affiliation doesn’t explain why more than 2/3 of the members voted for expulsion. The B12 only had 7 AAU schools prior to realignment

tenor.gif

Reactions: Bugeater
She’s going to do very well. And she would make millions upon millions more if she signed up for and OF account… probably 2-3 million a month for a while…. Not the most moral thing to do, but she would bankroll her entire future in 6 months I bet.

Nebraska is doing quite well after being outed from the AAU, but certain CyClowns seem to think it was the end of the world for Nebraska, far from it. Had Nebraska's Medical Center been in Lincoln, more than likely they would have retained AAU status. Seems the AAU had a distaste for Ag research as well, or more specific, Nebraska's Ag research.

Since getting the boot from the club, enrollment has grown, Nebraska has become more attractive to non-resident and international students, research trajectory has continued to exceed the pace of most AAU institutions, competed for and won designation as a (University Affiliated Research Center), one of only 14 in the country, has tripled national academy memberships, and rankings, for what they are worth, in U.S. News and World Report have steadily improved, now being at the highest in the history of the university.

This is where the big money is going to come from. Stuff like this below, where some hottie can be a social media influencer. Not promoting a Runza app.​

LSU GYMNAST OLIVIA DUNNE COULD BECOME A MILLIONAIRE THIS WEEK THANKS TO NEW LAW

Yes, national champion gymnasts with a million little girls following her and dreaming to one day be like her will do quite well. I think Olivia has her followers because of the nature of her sport and how good she is. And yes, she's easy on the eyes. Other female athletes flat out may just use sex appeal to gain a large following. We've already seen that take place. Now it will increase tenfold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT