ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and 1890-Top 10 collective

I would think the NIL ranking analysis is flawed because there still are individual NIL deals being struck by individual companies/groups that don't have to disclose either the amount or the contract terms.
Ya. Edey made close to 2 mil last year and I don’t think much of it came from Purdues collective.

Neither answers my question still. How much NIL is needed to finish in the top half the conference consistently? Purdue should expect to finish top half with chances at more. Walter’s is getting it rebuilt.
Who cares? What a lame expectation.

Top half?

That is like hanging out with a girl and your goal it so feel her boob over her top. I mean, congrats???

Who cares? What a lame expectation.

Top half?

That is like hanging out with a girl and your goal it so feel her boob over her top. I mean, congrats???
Confused Miracle On 34Th Street GIF by filmeditor

I have not. I have said nothing about anything about what you did or did not say.
Ok. I’ll give ya a parting stat then. 5-5 is Nebraskas record over Purdue the past 10 years. Good luck this year. I’ll root for Nebraska in every game but 1.

Ok. I’ll give ya a parting stat then. 5-5 is Nebraskas record over Purdue the past 10 years. Good luck this year. I’ll root for Nebraska in every game but 1.
PU fans cheer over that.
NU fans think it is gross.

PU fans cheer over that.
NU fans think it is gross.
You are welcome to think that. I wasn’t cheering there. Pointing out a stat. Should have a better record over Nebraska in the last 10. Expect to win this year.

That would be a let down since the program is better than a 5 win average. I think they have the right coach. Getting it rebuilt it seems.
Well...get ready to be let down!

Gone are the days of playin NW, Illinois, Minny and Iowa all the time.

If your coach has a decent year he may be at Colorado next year.
Purdue can put pay them. Besides, will he want to leave a good community with full support of the fan base? The place where he is building a big house, has a good AD, good coaches around him (Painter, Geralds, Shondell). To go to a lesser conference. Besides, it would be a lot of work to get all the cameras and BS out of Colorado post Deion. Also, does Walter’s want to go back to Colorado? No everyone needs to go back like Brohm. Brohm was deeper than Alma mater. And can Colorado pay more than Purdue?

Purdue can put pay them. Besides, will he want to leave a good community with full support of the fan base? The place where he is building a big house, has a good AD, good coaches around him (Painter, Geralds, Shondell). To go to a lesser conference. Besides, it would be a lot of work to get all the cameras and BS out of Colorado post Deion. Also, does Walter’s want to go back to Colorado? No everyone needs to go back like Brohm. Brohm was deeper than Alma mater. And can Colorado pay more than Purdue?
I agree that Purdue is a better situation, but there is always a connection with the place you played for and he still seems to have a strong one. If Neon is out I guarantee he is one of their first calls if he has a decent year. If he sucks, you won't have to worry about it.

I agree that Purdue is a better situation, but there is always a connection with the place you played for and he still seems to have a strong one. If Neon is out I guarantee he is one of their first calls if he has a decent year. If he sucks, you won't have to worry about it.
They already interviewed him and said no. Sure, they might come back. I think Purdue is more attractive though. More money with the big ten contract. More NIL? No idea where Colorado is. And how much of that goes with Deion.

PU's coach won't leave for a job that can't pay him more money. That would be crazy.

But he would leave for a job that can pay him the same money AND give him a chance to actually win. Is that CU? Maybe, but probably not.

You don't take the PU job with some idea that you are going to win it all. You take the PU job to get a great paycheck and hopefully win enough to take a new job where you could win it all.

Unless you are like Iowa's coach who is totally content with manipulating the AD and their fan base by creating a atmosphere of zero expectations and then meeting those expectations by accomplishing nothing each season.

They already interviewed him and said no. Sure, they might come back. I think Purdue is more attractive though. More money with the big ten contract. More NIL? No idea where Colorado is. And how much of that goes with Deion.
They also interviewed Brohm at one point as well and he said he wasn't leaving. Like I said, I'm in agreement there is more upside at Purdue and more money with the Big 10. Colorado's NIL is shit without Deion I've read. With that said, I'm not sure anyone knows the real dollars in NIL. Seems like a moving target and not always truthful.

Purdue has 1, count it, 1 ten win season in history. But now they are going to start to get good.
Didn’t realize ten wins was the threshold to be good. Apologies for not knowing subjective lines between good and bad.

They also interviewed Brohm at one point as well and he said he wasn't leaving. Like I said, I'm in agreement there is more upside at Purdue and more money with the Big 10. Colorado's NIL is shit without Deion I've read. With that said, I'm not sure anyone knows the real dollars in NIL. Seems like a moving target and not always truthful.
Brohm did say he wasn’t leaving, and he didn’t. He said he had unfinished business at Purdue. But then he also basically quit doing everything but ride out a few really good seniors with some transfers while working behind the scenes to ensure Louisville opened up. The left Purdue with minimal talent, a roster full of holes, and a major cultural issue because Louisville was 2 years in the making while at Purdue. It’s why there is a lot of love lost with Brohm and Purdue fans.

Idk how much can be believed, but I do know that Purdues collective is approaching 10 mil, with I think approximately 7.5 mil. Walter’s has done a great job at working and fund raising NIL. I do think Purdue can compete in NIL with most of the big ten. Do they? Idk. Painter doesn’t really use it to recruit. But Painter also has his way of doing it and it works, so why change it. Add in the 20 mil in revenue sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT