ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Gates will declare

Whats he project at? Not being hard on the guy but it wouldnt be LT in the league would it? Even RT? Or is he slid inside to guard?

What round does he go in?

Whats he project at? Not being hard on the guy but it wouldnt be LT in the league would it? Even RT? Or is he slid inside to guard?

What round does he go in?

Crazy!!! He’ll have no choice but to slide into guard like Sirles.

Good luck, but questionable decision.
Much was said about how devastated he was about getting his butt handed to him by Derek Barnett. My take on that was that he thought he was going pro last year and couldn't. Now apparently this year he thinks he is as good as he'll ever be so he just as well go pro.

I follow the draft closely. Decisions like this are more and more common. Some kids think that just getting drafted AT ALL is reason enough to go pro early (wrong!) or they feel that they can work their way up draft boards by testing out extremely well.

I wish Nick the best. I think he'll be labeled as a kid who can play any position on the line and that is a very good thing. It'll help him land a spot as an 8th lineman on someone's roster. No one should doubt that this kid can play (emergency) tackle in the NFL. Last week alone, there were several guards forced into action at tackle in the NFL.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Sorry to hear that. Hard to believe he's ready for it, but we'll see what the League thinks.

I am not going to jump on the guy as I don't know him but in his defense he didn't have any coaching for the last three years. As far as his work habbits and all that I have no idea. I know he is a Husker and I wish him best of luck! Why shouldn't we all do that?

I am not going to jump on the guy as I don't know him but in his defense he didn't have any coaching for the last three years. As far as his work habbits and all that I have no idea. I know he is a Husker and I wish him best of luck! Why shouldn't we all do that?
We don't know his personal story, or what is going on in his life. Everyone has "Stuff" going on in their lives.

We don't know what he is being told him by the NFL people. So let him make up his mind what would be best for himself and his family. Let's respect that.

The bad mouthing and name calling is Classless! Husker Fans we're better than that. Let's act like it.

We don't know his personal story, or what is going on in his life. Everyone has "Stuff" going on in their lives.

We don't know what he is being told him by the NFL people. So let him make up his mind what would be best for himself and his family. Let's respect that.

The bad mouthing and name calling is Classless! Husker Fans we're better than that. Let's act like it.
We are only "better than that" when we are winning, with a fanbase-approved coaching staff.

Dumb decision and I think he would have actually improved a lot next year and been a solid player for us. I'm not going to congratulate anyone for leaving early. It's a selfish decision.

Reactions: Redblood23
Dumb decision and I think he would have actually improved a lot next year and been a solid player for us. I'm not going to congratulate anyone for leaving early. It's a selfish decision.

Depends. In his case, might not have seen the field, so why not?

Ahman Green was dumb? Raiola?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT