ADVERTISEMENT

"Nice Guy" Mike Riley's Prius Has Oregon License Plates

It is if the vehicle goes back and forth. Still trying very hard. But by all means, keep up the good fight!

As one of the board's "insiders," you're saying that Dee drove the vehicle back and forth to Oregon every month or so?

Interesting...

As one of the board's "insiders," you're saying that Dee drove the vehicle back and forth to Oregon every month or so?

Interesting...
As soon as you have a clue as to why he had accessibility to that vehicle recently, or on Thanksgiving weekend, you may just rub both your brain cells together long enough to figure it out.
But seriously, keep pushing your absolutely pathetic fake concern about something that only a psychtic person tries to make a big deal.

Taxes are lower in Oregon, but insurance rates are higher. So his nefarious plan failed!

As soon as you have a clue as to why he had accessibility to that vehicle recently, or on Thanksgiving weekend, you may just rub both your brain cells together long enough to figure it out.
But seriously, keep pushing your absolutely pathetic fake concern about something that only a psychtic person tries to make a big deal.

Typical...resort to insults and name calling.

Taxes are lower in Oregon, but insurance rates are higher. So his nefarious plan failed!
CKC9AyyUsAAPnmh.jpg

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Despite your history of insults, the board's mods look the other way.

You must have pictures!!
Truthfulness is not an insult when a person continues to present themselves like you, and bring nothing of substance to the board... ever. So whine about life being so unfair, or change your life. Not my problem you play victim.

Truthfulness is not an insult when a person continues to present themselves like you, and bring nothing of substance to the board... ever. So whine about life being so unfair, or change your life. Not my problem you play victim.

I'm not a victim in any aspect of my life, believe me. Where did I whine?

I simply asked a question to start this thread. Having nothing to contribute, you and the other "Enforcer" resorted to insults.

I don't understand how or why I've gotten into your heads.

I simply asked a question to start this thread. Having nothing to contribute, you and the other "Enforcer" resorted to insults.

Not a victim? All you do is whine, and your very first post in this thread proves it. Let's play a game: name a single valid thing you have ever brought to the board. Just one, other than pompous opinions and whining about others.

I do disagree with the premise that you started this thread to try and get out of paying taxes. That was a cover after so many came down on you.

If you were interested in that up front, you would have led with that. Since you didn’t, your motive seems as though you were attempting to smear Riley. In the end, it made you look petty.

I do disagree with the premise that you started this thread to try and get out of paying taxes. That was a cover after so many came down on you.

If you were interested in that up front, you would have led with that. Since you didn’t, your motive seems as though you were attempting to smear Riley. In the end, it made you look petty.
I really do not care at this point but I do think the OP. Was asking the question why and it is curious. Could it be Riley was not settled in and in fact had a specific timeframe in mind even if he had done well. It's pertinent because many posters on here stated his age was not an issue and he could coach for quite a while. This was in response to posters who did not like his hire due to his age. Again it's just a car tab but it is curious

Or has been stated before and after you chose to post this, since he still has a home in Oregon, he kept the car registered there legally so as not to pay more in taxes. Maybe?

Tim, my brother who lives in Portland say tabs are $60 for three years. You guys in Nebraska. How much do plates cost in Nebraska?

Reread the OP.

I stated some facts and then asked what I was missing.

Tim, my brother who lives in Portland say tabs are $60 for three years. You guys in Nebraska. How much do plates cost in Nebraska?

Per nebraska.gov/dmv, the cost to license a 2017 Ford Focus (couldn't find a Prius VIN to use) is $501.10 for one year.

That includes property tax, registration fee, motor vehicle fee, plate fee and a $74.00 wheel tax to the City of Lincoln. The property tax is based on the year and model of a vehicle.

Unlike the other "Enforcer" on this board, I'm not a know-it-all. I was just curious how the state's highest paid employee avoided paying taxes on his vehicle. I thought I might learn a new tactic.
It took you til your 10th (or 11th, lost track) post to finally say you were looking to avoid paying taxes. This is the first post, found on page two, where you say it was about avoiding paying taxes.

Please don’t pretend I’m stupid. That wasn’t the reason you started this thread. If it were you would have clearly stated this much sooner than post #10 (or #11).

Reactions: coachDubs
It took you til your 10th (or 11th, lost track) post to finally say you were looking to avoid paying taxes. This is the first post, found on page two, where you say it was about avoiding paying taxes.

Please don’t pretend I’m stupid. That wasn’t the reason you started this thread. If it were you would have clearly stated this much sooner than post #10 (or #11).

Not accusing anyone of being stupid.

I asked what I was missing. I mistakenly assumed everyone in this state thinks our taxes are too high. The initial reactions to the OP were 'meh, who cares, etc. Then I clarified the OP.

Not accusing anyone of being stupid.

I asked what I was missing. I mistakenly assumed everyone in this state thinks our taxes are too high. The initial reactions to the OP were 'meh, who cares, etc. Then I clarified the OP.
Not buying it.

Just own up that you were throwing dirt on Riley. Your anti Riley stance is well known. Own it. It shouldn’t take 10 posts from you to finally provide clarity.

Per nebraska.gov/dmv, the cost to license a 2017 Ford Focus (couldn't find a Prius VIN to use) is $501.10 for one year.

That includes property tax, registration fee, motor vehicle fee, plate fee and a $74.00 wheel tax to the City of Lincoln. The property tax is based on the year and model of a vehicle.

Holy cow! I better rethink ever moving back to Nebraska. Here in Washington we pay about $80 per year to license a car. We also don't have a state income tax. I am not a tax man but I have been suprised to see Nebraska often makes the list of states that are not good retirement states. As I see it the big advantage of living in the Midwest is the price of housing. The three West Coast states have high home prices.

Holy cow! I better rethink ever moving back to Nebraska. Here in Washington we pay about $80 per year to license a car. We also don't have a state income tax. I am not a tax man but I have been suprised to see Nebraska often makes the list of states that are not good retirement states. As I see it the big advantage of living in the Midwest is the price of housing. The three West Coast states have high home prices.
What type of car? I'm also a WA resident. The wife's tags are due next month and will come out to just above $700.

High home prices is a vast under statement but if you owned for a while that translates to a very nice house in Nebraska free and clear. So a 1200 sq ft home older in king and snohomish depending on where you live would sell for 350,000 to maybe 600,000 (if close to downtown core)

You could buy a 3000 to 4000 sq ft home in Omaha ina nice neighborhood for 300,000 to 400,000 so if you sell in Seattle and move to Omaha most likely (if you have owned for awhile) you will be able to pay cash. The downside is property taxes higher in NE on retirement the state income tax hurts you less and of course sales tax is less in NE and they don't have the excise tax I believe all in all retiring to Ne is a pretty good choice

ADVERTISEMENT