ADVERTISEMENT

NFL free agency

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
Every year, this gets more crazy than the last. You could easily build a playoff-caliber team from these cast-offs. But, of course, the salary cap would get in the way.

I guess it really points to the importance of having a solid GM and upper management that can plan out these cap issues. It's a whole aspect to the NFL game that really shapes and defines the league.

Discuss.

Never seen an offseason with so many key players on the move. The NFL should be interesting next season..

This post was edited on 3/10 3:08 PM by G0B1GRED

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
The weirdest one for me: Jake Locker retires.

Maybe now we can get the Titans to take Cutler off our hands.
With that contract, I think the Bears are stuck with that interception machine for awhile.

Originally posted by TheNewNU:

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
The weirdest one for me: Jake Locker retires.

Maybe now we can get the Titans to take Cutler off our hands.
With that contract, I think the Bears are stuck with that interception machine for awhile.
Most likely, but I can dream. Really the best thing that could happen is he has another year like 2013 where he looks good on a mediocre-to-bad team and we can trade him for some value.

Will always remember the Locker stat lines from his two games against NU in 2010.

4-20-2 71 yards 0 TD
5-15-0 56 yards 0 TD

Was projected to be the 1st pick after his Jr season but came back for this Sr season. Sometimes staying in school is not the best option.

Originally posted by Sooner_or_Later:
Will always remember the Locker stat lines from his two games against NU in 2010.

4-20-2 71 yards 0 TD
5-15-0 56 yards 0 TD

Was projected to be the 1st pick after his Jr season but came back for this Sr season. Sometimes staying in school is not the best option.
I have always thought that QB's who struggled against NU would be busts in the NFL. Besides Locker, there was Kordell Stewart, Colt McCoy, Blane Gabbert, that I can remember. Sometimes these NFL teams over think things. Just watch the tape! If Kordell Stewart throws something like 17 straight incomplete passes against a college defense, guess what? He's not an NFL QB. Gabbert got to the point that he was scared to even look downfield against Suh, and then the Jags are surprised that he's scared of his own shadow in the NFL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT