ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft tidbits

Wan'Dale has already won the argument. He is getting paid. He made the right decision. There is no doubt Kentucky put him in a better position than he would ever have had at NU. What happens in his NFL career will now depend on his ability and will no longer be about what college he attended. However, 2nd round picks get a much longer looks than 7th round picks.
This Wan'Dale character is quite an enigma. He's too small and too slow for the NFL, not to mention his notoriously short catch radius, and the Giants were completely insane to take him in the second round. And yet if he had stayed at Nebraska, under the premise that yet another awful season would lead to a major staff overhaul, some new coaches that he's never met might have turned too-small, too-slow, just-not-that-good Wan'Dale into a first-rounder!

Can't imagine why someone didn't sit him down after the 2020 season and explain this scenario to him. He probably would have stayed at NU, because this just makes sooooo much sense.

Maybe mentioned already elsewhere, but in a classy move, Wandale felt obligated to throw more unnecessary shade at Nebraska (way to kick us while we’re down buddy).

““I could truly tell you, I don’t think I’d be drafted in the second round right now if I didn’t choose to come back to Kentucky and if I stayed at Nebraska," Robinson said at his draft party with family, friends and teammates. "No disrespect to Nebraska, but at the end of the day, that’s how it is. And I give them (Kentucky) all the credit and I give my teammates as well the credit too, just helping me get better every day and helping me get to this point.”
Most recaps of the draft rate his selection in second round as a huge reach. Nothing more than a gadget player requiring scheming him touches. Weird... Just like he was here at Nebraska lol

Reactions: HominidHusker
This Wan'Dale character is quite an enigma. He's too small and too slow for the NFL, not to mention his notoriously short catch radius, and the Giants were completely insane to take him in the second round. And yet if he had stayed at Nebraska, under the premise that yet another awful season would lead to a major staff overhaul, some new coaches that he's never met might have turned too-small, too-slow, just-not-that-good Wan'Dale into a first-rounder!

Can't imagine why someone didn't sit him down after the 2020 season and explain this scenario to him. He probably would have stayed at NU, because this just makes sooooo much sense.
I was very surprised by the pick but I wish him the best. I'll trust the Giants rather than whoever writes the scouting reports. I'll trust Brian Daboll for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT