ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft...Huskers streak done..

If Stan were some dynamic playmaker as this scout suggests he would have been picked. Stan is a good player and we have been lucky to have him these past 4 years. But wake up and smell the coffee man, Nebraska's talent is not on par with the rest of the B1G right now. I'm confident Scott can fix that problem but after that evaluation this weekend and this last season it's very clear Nebraska is not measuring up in terms of recruiting and talent development and that should scare the hell out of all of us.

Disagree. Stan is a playmaker. Stan had a hell of a combine. Stan’s question mark when you watch his game tape is his hands and not really his hands as much as his head. Stan has 3 1/2 years of game tape showing drops on easy balls.

And ever since Heyward-Bey busted in Oakland, it’s been a hell of a red flag when guys drop easy balls. Coaches use to believe, we can fix that. But the problem is it’s not a physical issue, it’s mental. And honestly that can be almost impossible to fix. But in my opinion, Stan really cleaned up the drops at the end of the year but his past will still haunt him until he proves to the NFL he won’t make stupid mental errors on the field. the NFL requires consistency on every play.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Disagree. Stan is a playmaker. Stan had a hell of a combine. Stan’s question mark when you watch his game tape is his hands and not really his hands as much as his head. Stan has 3 1/2 years of game tape showing drops on easy balls.

And ever since Heyward-Bey busted in Oakland, it’s been a hell of a red flag when guys drop easy balls. Coaches use to believe, we can fix that. But the problem is it’s not a physical issue, it’s mental. And honestly that can be almost impossible to fix. But in my opinion, Stan really cleaned up the drops at the end of the year but his past will still haunt him until he proves to the NFL he won’t make stupid mental errors on the field. the NFL requires consistency on every play.
Stanley's 4.58 40 at the combine, along with some easy drops, certainly didn't help him. Don't get me wrong, love him as a husker, but when you compare him to Bey, who had 4.29 speed, that is why he was selected so high, and as a Raider fan, I was pissed.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Stanley's 4.58 40 at the combine, along with some easy drops, certainly didn't help him. Don't get me wrong, love him as a husker, but when you compare him to Bey, who had 4.29 speed, that is why he was selected so high, and as a Raider fan, I was pissed.

Stanley’s worst run was 4.58. His best was 4.53 which matched N’Keal Herry’s best time @ 4.53, who was the #2 player take at W/O, a first rounder. Stanley had a top 25 40 time for W/O and over 25 W/O were selected

Scouts do not seem to have regarded him as "a playmaker."

Weaknesses
  • Doesn't offer anything special as an athlete
  • Burst out of his breaks is average
  • Routes will drift on him
  • Plays fast but doesn't feature getaway speed
  • Missing second gear to run under deep throws
  • Benefited from favorable route combinations
  • Cornerbacks likely to squat on underneath work
  • Has to prove he can uncover against twitchy defenders.
Sources Tell Us

"He's draftable but just a guy for me. I think you can find those guys anywhere. If he finds the right situation he might play for awhile." -- Area scout for NFC team

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stanley-morgan?id=32194d4f-5222-6706-9d2c-5359857cc05f

Reactions: RedWhiteDog
ADVERTISEMENT