ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft...Huskers streak done..

whats done, is done.
best of luck to stanley and devine.

hoping the new era will bring different outcomes...

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Daniels will get drafted. I feel pretty confident on that. Not sure about anybody else. Jackson has all there is to have. He just needs to show it.

I understand/appreciate your optimism about Daniels but Morgan was going to get drafted and Ozigbo had a chance this year.

As we just learned, nothing is guaranteed.

My thoughts on next year's draft.

Our best shot
-Darrion Daniels: If he lives up to expectations.
-JD Spielman: If he leaves early.
-Mo Barry: He has the drive but still a lot to prove.
-Lamar Jackson: If he improves as much as he last season.

Sleepers
-Davis twins: Fan favorites but they seem like long shots.
-Bootle: I've been a huge fan the past two seasons. I think he has the speed and quickness to get drafted within the next two seasons. I just don't think he skips his senior year.
-Tyrin Ferguson: Would need a major, major breakout season but something tells me we shouldn't count him out.

BS, Stanley was a better college receiver than some of the guys drafted. Same with Ozigbo at running back. There's a huge difference between what makes a good college player and what the NFL scouts think they can mold into something. Which is why Tanner Lee was drafted and Dedrick Young is getting a chance even though guys like Stanley and Ozigbo accomplished 10x more than them in college.

40 Big 12 players taken . 64 SEC players taken. 5 Division II players taken. Waiting to see how many other Power 5 schools did not have any guys picked besides Nebraska.

Reactions: TFrazier
Based on today’s NFL Draft results...Coach Frost and Coach Duval should have a mandatory workout for the team tomorrow. Winking

Zach-Duval.jpg

40 Big 12 players taken . 64 SEC players taken. 5 Division II players taken. Waiting to see how many other Power 5 schools did not have any guys picked besides Nebraska.
Purdue, Tenn, V Tech I the only main ones that I know of.

My thoughts on next year's draft.

Our best shot
-Darrion Daniels: If he lives up to expectations.
-JD Spielman: If he leaves early.
-Mo Barry: He has the drive but still a lot to prove.
-Lamar Jackson: If he improves as much as he last season.

Sleepers
-Davis twins: Fan favorites but they seem like long shots.
-Bootle: I've been a huge fan the past two seasons. I think he has the speed and quickness to get drafted within the next two seasons. I just don't think he skips his senior year.
-Tyrin Ferguson: Would need a major, major breakout season but something tells me we shouldn't count him out.

I think Bootle has a better shot than what I or others may give him credit for. He will win the 40 time and had a ton of PBUs last season.

Winfree from Colorado just got drafted too. He's been injured more than he's been healthy, got suspended multiple times, and wasn't even invited to the combine. Strange.
There were LOTS of strange draft picks IMO. That said, I posted last year that Stan would have been an UNFA. It doesn't surprise me all that much this year. He's got average speed at best for a guy his size and he has had too many mind blowing inexcusable drops on video. NFL guys don't miss those. I think he'll sign somewhere and probably make a practice squad.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Spielman drafts two WRs in the 7th round over Stanley Morgan. Then he drafts a long-snapper from Air Force, who still has to complete his active duty service commitment. I'm confused.
I think Spielman must have had a stroke before this draft. I'm a Vikings fan and I have always been able to see the logic behind his draft picks. Not this year and the Cousins signing made no sense to me. He drafted a very marginal RB that IMO is not near the back that Devine is. Then it seemed every time I turned around he traded down and at times to the benefit of a division rival.:( That said, it didn't surprise me that Devine didn't get drafted. Devine will sign and probably stick somewhere.

Nebraska's 2018 senior class getting graded in real time
The NFL draft is the ultimate judge for college football programs. I expect at least Farmer and Devine to sign and stick somewhere. Stanley might make a practice squad somewhere but all it will take is a drop or two in practice and he'd be gone.

Looks like Gifford has a deal with the Cowboys and Ziggy has a deal with New Orleans...
Devine probably has the best chance to stick of anybody. Shocks me that Minnesota drafted the kid they did and passed on Devine at RB. I watched a lot of linebackers come off the board that appeared to have the exact same measurables as Gifford. He has a shot.

Yet one of the most talented players we’ve had the past four years.
Most talented WR certainly but still not up to NFL standards. Lamar Jackson is probably the most talented guy on the team. Depending on what Jackson puts on video this year, he could be an early round pick next spring.

I believe these are the P5 schools without a player taken this year...
Tennessee
California
Georgia Tech
Kansas
Louisville
Oregon State
Virginia Tech
Nebraska
Purdue

Last edited:
There is a stat floating around right now on Pelinis last 40 plus recruits at Nebraska and its astonishing at how bad of shape he left the program in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT