ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft...Huskers streak done..

I cant imagine wanting renfrow or keesean Johnson over stan

Maybe he will get taken but we are in round 6 and there are currently 23 WRs ranked ahead of Stan on the ESPN list of next best available WRs

I cant imagine wanting renfrow or keesean Johnson over stan

Winfree from Colorado just got drafted too. He's been injured more than he's been healthy, got suspended multiple times, and wasn't even invited to the combine. Strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Trayveon Williams is awesome. Goes in the 6th rd. Whatever.

Didn't Morgan have a good combine too? I don't follow it all that closely, but am surprised to see all these WR with lesser numbers being taken over Stanley.

Didn't Morgan have a good combine too? I don't follow it all that closely, but am surprised to see all these WR with lesser numbers being taken over Stanley.

He apparently did...So hard figuring out why his name hasn’t dropped yet..

It was only a year ago that the Lincoln Journal had Morgan as a late 1st or early 2nd round draft pick.
People need to take off the rose tinted glasses. Stanley and Devine aren't special talents. They are good football players but in the NFL those are a dime a dozen. They are taking guys based on upside who have high ceilings or guys that they know about from their buddies in college football. Stan's scouting report was he's just a guy, theres nothing special about him. He's not tall, he doesn't have blazing speed he's not an explosive route runner, he's not all that hard to bring down. He's a good football player. That's not what the NFL is looking for deep in the draft.

Last edited:
Get Frost and current/former NFL players on the phone calling the NFL GM’s to help the Huskers out!!! They need to “recruit” some GM’s to have the courage to pick a Husker!!! Winking

41x3vByURmL.jpg

Hunter Renfrow was drafted before Stanley Morgan? Doesn't make sense at all. He's smaller, slower, and had half as many receiving yards and only 1 TD this year.
There's a lot of guys I don't agree with being picked over Stanley, but Hunter Renfrow isn't one of them. Hunter Renfrow wrecked Alabama's defense in that title game, I think he'll do just fine in the NFL.

It's sad those guys walked away making so much money for dumping on our program. Riley I don't think even cared, he was just there for the money.

That one last ride, and one last smile... A day like today makes me even more upset. Feel bad for our players that stuck with us. Our two previous staffs really killed their development. Back to back years of 4-8s and bad drafts has been rock bottom for us.

Spielman drafts two WRs in the 7th round over Stanley Morgan. Then he drafts a long-snapper from Air Force, who still has to complete his active duty service commitment. I'm confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: GretnaShawn
Nebraska has had at least one player drafted since 1963. This year the streak was broken. I am pretty surprised. I really thought at least Morgan would get drafted. Ozigbo too. Bummer.

Spielman drafts two WRs in the 7th round over Stanley Morgan. Then he drafts a long-snapper from Air Force, who still has to complete his active duty service commitment. I'm confused.
Maybe he has inside info

That is pretty telling to me and makes me wonder if the drop down and out wasn't talent related

Ironic that I was watching EndGame and it ended as the draft ended.
Very appropriate end for both.Both disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT