ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's starting lineup with White transferring

Dean Pope

Head Coach
Oct 11, 2001
I'm curious what everything things should (or will) be next year's starting lineup and playing rotation. Andrew White transferring sure opened up opportunities for some newcomers.

I think 4 are locked up for sure:
  • Watson
  • Gill
  • Morrow
  • Jacobson
McVeigh, Webster, or Roby is your 5th starter. I personally hope we keep Webster coming off the bench as he seems very comfortable in that role, but he might be the best option, especially from a leadership standpoint now that we are going to be really young.

I think 4 are locked up for sure:
  • Watson
  • Gill
  • Morrow
  • Jacobson
McVeigh, Webster, or Roby is your 5th starter. I personally hope we keep Webster coming off the bench as he seems very comfortable in that role, but he might be the best option, especially from a leadership standpoint now that we are going to be really young.
That lineup spells disaster.

I couldn't find any topic fitting my exact question. I didn't want to start a new one, so I placed it here.

I'm a Tulsa fan, and Jeriah Horne is on a visit to Tulsa today. What do you guys think about him as a player? Why do you guys think he's transferring?

Reactions: dwsalak
I couldn't find any topic fitting my exact question. I didn't want to start a new one, so I placed it here.

I'm a Tulsa fan, and Jeriah Horne is on a visit to Tulsa today. What do you guys think about him as a player? Why do you guys think he's transferring?
My 0.02 is he has the potential to be a natural scorer and terrific shooter but currently is really limited defensively and I frankly question his work ethic. I will admit I'm biased because he was unhappy at Nebraska so all you would see is poor body language and a lot of sulking. It could very well be a change of scenery and redshirting a year makes him a much more mentally focused player.

He's a bit of a black hole once he gets the ball; I would not expect him to be much of a facilitator or getting other guys open. If he catches it he's going to force something to happen (good and bad).

You are voicing some of my fears about him. He looks to be a better player than somebody already on our roster who is a black hole. That guy is someone who I hope doesn't get a lot of minutes next season, considering we brought in three players who can and should replace him. Would hope that we don't take Horne and get more of the same. We want him as a stretch 4. Thanks for the info.

You are voicing some of my fears about him. He looks to be a better player than somebody already on our roster who is a black hole. That guy is someone who I hope doesn't get a lot of minutes next season, considering we brought in three players who can and should replace him. Would hope that we don't take Horne and get more of the same. We want him as a stretch 4. Thanks for the info.
I think he is a great pick up for Tulsa. I agree with the Blackhole comment and he is a natural scorer. But will have to score through volume. So more of a Quantity over Quality shot selection but does have some good moves plus can shoot. Doesn't give much effort on defense. Physically his biggest drawback is he has slow feet and not a quick jumper which really limit what you can do with him defensively. Quicker players who can drive will give him a real tough time and he is not overly physical so doesn't bang with the bigger players.

Reminds me of a Poor Mans Derrick Chevious or Carmelo Anthony, can score in buckets but needs the ball in his hands. Doesn't do a good job getting the other players involved in the offense plus shows little effort on defense or banging in the paint. Will give you a good scorer who can create his own shot, although sometimes they are forced. Will be able to shoot over shorter defenders and does use his body well on smaller defenders. Defensively don't expect too much. Rebounding, defense and assists were an afterthought.

I'm a Tulsa fan, anu you just od Jeriah Horne is on a visiIBerian toIlsa today. What do you guys think about him as a player? Why do you guys think he's tran yand Isferring ! I'mtoi and?
I wasto I I th on a II Cathyink uhh unknogwn I t JUoST the Island gyms thing on

ADVERTISEMENT