ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Class is already shaping up to be...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
Really special! Avante Dickerson sounds like he will be N joining OL Big Teddy. OLB TJ Bollers out of Iowa is a heavy Husker lean. Also Fidone the TE from Omaha East is likely to be N. All of these are high 4stars within the 500 mile radius. Also the south Florida pipeline has been opened this cycle...the future is bright! GBR!

Put whatever effort you are doing to get them to get some lineman

Skill.players are nothing without lineman

How many more years do you need to see this?
Not sure you’re paying attention. There is more OL depth than there has been for quite a while. There have been a half dozen 6’6” up, athletic linemen that this class has signed over the last couple years. They were kids that were a little light in the pants, but needed the strength and conditioning/training table. They are becoming men. There are quite a few big, athletic linemen on this roster. We just forget about the Banks and Matthew Anderson’s. We have linemen. They improved throughout the season. Jurgens is solid, Jaimes is solid, Benhart is going to look a lot different 9 months from now. Farniok, according to rumors, is going to slide inside and play a position that doesn’t require him to have great kick/adjustment. Boe Wilson will probably be coming off of the bench with a grip of starting experience. Turner Corcoran looks like he might be a early player at G. Conn needs a year, but fits the mold. Going forward, you’ve got Teddy P already committed. Zatechka will probably follow. We are going to be fine up front.

Last edited:

It’s not one or the other. I prefer we continue to bring in good skill people, in addition to everyone else. Every good team has playmakers too.

We've signed 13 DLine and 7 OLine over the last 2 years not to mention guys like Cam Jurgens that we converted from the 2018 class. Many of those guys are 4-stars. What exactly are you looking for? You don't need 50 linemen in 2 classes.

How many guys are we going to be able to take next year? We've had 3 years in a row where we've recruited 25+ and it doesn't seem like we have a lot of kids graduating. Plus most of the guys who will be on the roster are guys Frost recruited and I'm sure he will want to give them time to develop. I can see next year's class being rather small, probably under 20 would be my guess.

How many guys are we going to be able to take next year? We've had 3 years in a row where we've recruited 25+ and it doesn't seem like we have a lot of kids graduating. Plus most of the guys who will be on the roster are guys Frost recruited and I'm sure he will want to give them time to develop. I can see next year's class being rather small, probably under 20 would be my guess.
Quick count shows we lose 17 through graduation. Not counting Mo. Add in attrition it will be over 20.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...ble_7bf5d0b2-2200-5610-8ce8-585129d0c735.html. We should be fine.

thats what we thought this class and next thing you know we are taking over 24 or more. Frost will kick players that are making it or progressing.

We no longer have a lazy coaching staff who hands out walkon schollies because they can't fill a roster.
Someone pointed out that Beck finished 5th in getting recruits, why did he just do so so here?
The rest of the staff stunk,thats why.
Always having one or two or three walkons in your two deep for your lines is bad, only because those walkons weren't great, no disrespect.
Those days are gone, Benhart,Corcoran,Teddy P all top O linemen. To a man, the guys under them in recruiting rank/stars are rated hgher than what we used to get.

We no longer have a lazy coaching staff who hands out walkon schollies because they can't fill a roster.
Someone pointed out that Beck finished 5th in getting recruits, why did he just do so so here?
The rest of the staff stunk,thats why.
Always having one or two or three walkons in your two deep for your lines is bad, only because those walkons weren't great, no disrespect.
Those days are gone, Benhart,Corcoran,Teddy P all top O linemen. To a man, the guys under them in recruiting rank/stars are rated hgher than what we used to get.

agreed, Oline recruiting isn’t a mess anymore. We are landing top tier guys and loading up on them. Oline will never be an issue again.

How many 4 star of 5 star Dlineman did we sign this go around?
I dont want to hear about development,and FIT BS.

Great lineman fit anywhere in college.

I like the class but we need to be honest with ourselves.

The trench recruiting on defense needs to improve.

Great lineman fit anywhere on college.

The trench recruiting on defense needs to improve
That,D linemen, and Backers are my only concern, and Backer may be solved already.
I agree on the D lineman thing, but they do get better over time,much like O linemen.

It appears NT is taken care of, we do need tackles.

Reactions: skintight
I just hope the expectations for Avante don’t get ridiculous. He’s athletic as hell, but a MAJOR project. If you had a full game film, you’d totally understand.

Great lineman fit anywhere in college.

The trench recruiting on defense needs to improve.
Nash Hutmacher is a 4-star on TOS and ESPN, Ty Robinson was an Army All-American last year. And we have taken numbers, it’s not like they aren’t trying to address the DL.

I just hope the expectations for Avante don’t get ridiculous. He’s athletic as hell, but a MAJOR project. If you had a full game film, you’d totally understand.
With the way Fish has recruited the secondary, he should have time to develop.

Nash Hutmacher is a 4-star on TOS and ESPN, Ty Robinson was an Army All-American last year. And we have taken numbers, it’s not like they aren’t trying to address the DL.

We need that every year.

And players that are 4 star on every site.

Hes a good start and my favorite recruit, tbh.

We need alot more to be great again.

Last edited:
Reactions: skintight
Hutmacher should be a 4star on every site. His only problem is that he's from a small town in South Dakota. He would have dominated in class A in Nebraska. Stud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT