ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Class is already shaping up to be...

Quick count shows we lose 17 through graduation. Not counting Mo. Add in attrition it will be over 20.
The chart said 16 seniors next year. There will be at least 1, and possibly up to 4 from this group that will most likely leave in order to meet next year's numbers. That will reduce the count of graduating seniors.

Now that most of our roster is made up of guys Frost recruited, I'm expecting we'll see less attrition. We may have an undergraduate walk-on that earns a scholarship that would also reduce numbers we could take. I'm thinking 20 is probably the upper limit on recruits we take next year. By the way, I was thinking we would take around 25 at the very beginning of this year's recruiting cycle. I don't expect near as much attrition going forward as we've had the last few years.

thats what we thought this class and next thing you know we are taking over 24 or more. Frost will kick players that are making it or progressing.
I said we'd take around 25 at the beginning of this recruiting cycle. 20 is around the upper limit on next year's class even including all attrition. There's going to be less attrition going forward as the roster is now made up of mostly Frost recruits.

Reactions: huskerssalts
How many 4 star of 5 star Dlineman did we sign this go around?
I dont want to hear about development,and FIT BS.

Great lineman fit anywhere in college.

I like the class but we need to be honest with ourselves.

The trench recruiting on defense needs to improve.
Ty Robinson is on track to be a 4 year starter. We have Damion Daniels for another 2 years. We've added guys who could be good depth players and could even land in a starting role. Not to mention Juco Dlineman are great value and our staff doesn't seem to have any problem pursuing that route and will be an easy fix for depth issues going into the future.

Reactions: jeans15
Ty Robinson is on track to be a 4 year starter. We have Damion Daniels for another 2 years. We've added guys who could be good depth players and could even land in a starting role. Not to mention Juco Dlineman are great value and our staff doesn't seem to have any problem pursuing that route and will be an easy fix for depth issues going into the future.

If he is as good as advertised he may be gone after his junior year. I've got high hopes and I hope we start getting to the point where we have to worry who is going pro and who isn't.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
I don’t remember the last time the 500 mile radius looked as good as it does for next year. Heck the 100 mile radius is exceptional for next years talent! This staff has proven that they can close too... good times ahead for Husker football. GBR!

Reactions: headcard
Next year I am going to assume will be DL, where we need some real studs to come in, TE's and another big bodied WR or two and interior OL. That appears to be our big areas of need. Then sprinkle in the rest. What am I missing?

Next year I am going to assume will be DL, where we need some real studs to come in, TE's and another big bodied WR or two and interior OL. That appears to be our big areas of need. Then sprinkle in the rest. What am I missing?

This is what I think:

• QB - 1
  • RB - 1 or 2. Mills, Mo Washington and Bradley are our upperclassman going into 2020. All will be gone most likely. We have 2 R.Rf. and 2 Fr. behind that.
  • TE - 1. Hickman is the only underclassman TE on scholarship
  • WR - 3 or 4. This room is starting to shape up. Depends on hits/misses this year obviously.
  • OL - 5. We are losing 5 after next year assuming Gaylord gets his medical. The 3 juniors are not much to write home about. Maybe look at JUCOs?
  • DT - 1 or 2 depending on if some of the guys listed as DE convert.
  • DE - 2ish. We are top heavy with upperclassman.
  • LB - 4.
  • DB - 4.

I don't think you're going to see the D backfield recruiting to slow down, but even off.
Other then that, I agree.

the three I recall hearing about are:

Dematrius Davis, committed to VT
Santino Marucci, uncommitted
Peter Costelli, uncommitted

In coaches we trust. From a quick glance I'd assume our top target is Peter Costelli, but the most talanted seems to be Davis.

Can assume Santino Marucci is either more of a project, or under evaluated.

Haven't watched tape on any of them yet though. I'd like to here some more from someone who has watched.

He’s the best heavyweight wrestler in the country. The dude is an incredible athlete and I am so happy to have him.
I am happy to have him too and love what wrestlers bring. However, my first hand reports said he wasn't even throwing around kids much smaller than him...said his play looked lazy. Hopefully he can find the fire when he gets here.

I am happy to have him too and love what wrestlers bring. However, my first hand reports said he wasn't even throwing around kids much smaller than him...said his play looked lazy. Hopefully he can find the fire when he gets here.
As a NT,he has to hold his ground first, someimes drive inside second.
Holding his ground I'm thinking he'll be excellent at.

At the risk of being accused of being "negative" - I have read/heard the same. He was often going up against much smaller competition and still didn't dominate. He obviously has the physical tools so we will see how he transforms himself.

If he is as good as advertised he may be gone after his junior year. I've got high hopes and I hope we start getting to the point where we have to worry who is going pro and who isn't.

Ah jeez...more of the leave early for NFL stuff??? We never learn.

This is what I think:

• QB - 1
  • RB - 1 or 2. Mills, Mo Washington and Bradley are our upperclassman going into 2020. All will be gone most likely. We have 2 R.Rf. and 2 Fr. behind that.
  • TE - 1. Hickman is the only underclassman TE on scholarship
  • WR - 3 or 4. This room is starting to shape up. Depends on hits/misses this year obviously.
  • OL - 5. We are losing 5 after next year assuming Gaylord gets his medical. The 3 juniors are not much to write home about. Maybe look at JUCOs?
  • DT - 1 or 2 depending on if some of the guys listed as DE convert.
  • DE - 2ish. We are top heavy with upperclassman.
  • LB - 4.
  • DB - 4.

Don't Hahn and Gifford already have 2 of those scholarships spoken for? - presumably at WR and DB/LB

Really special! Avante Dickerson sounds like he will be N joining OL Big Teddy. OLB TJ Bollers out of Iowa is a heavy Husker lean. Also Fidone the TE from Omaha East is likely to be N. All of these are high 4stars within the 500 mile radius. Also the south Florida pipeline has been opened this cycle...the future is bright! GBR!

Listening to 1620, Benning didn’t sound too confident we would land Dickerson. Put it at 20% I believe. Also said Johnson was 50/50 at best despite being a legacy recruit.

Also made it sound like we make have cooled on Rollins for now.

Listening to 1620, Benning didn’t sound too confident we would land Dickerson. Put it at 20% I believe. Also said Johnson was 50/50 at best despite being a legacy recruit.

Also made it sound like we make have cooled on Rollins for now.
Any D back not wanting to come here, the only thing I can think is, he's always had another favorite team, a team of his dreams that isn't Nebraska.
Not playing for coach Fish is just a dumb decision unless your hearts elsewheres.

Not sure who Benning is. But I hope this Nebraska cornfed kid picks NU.
How old are you Bert? Cuz it doesn’t speak well of your husker fandom if you don’t know who Benning is... not that he was a starter but every husker fan that goes back a ways knows.

Reactions: TFrazier
Listening to 1620, Benning didn’t sound too confident we would land Dickerson. Put it at 20%

Didn't Benning say the same thing about Hickman and Henrich?

Fisher's pulling 4-stars out of the state of Florida by the handful. Getting one from Omaha should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Reactions: headcard
Didn't Benning say the same thing about Hickman and Henrich?

Fisher's pulling 4-stars out of the state of Florida by the handful. Getting one from Omaha should be a piece of cake in comparison.

I’m not sure. Perhaps he’s low balling it? The kid obviously really likes NU. Has visited multiple different times.

I think the theme for the 2021 class should be 500 mile radius with Florida and Georgia. The bulk of the class could come from that next year and they could still potentially have a top 15 class. Prochazka and Dickerson are four stars and potential five stars. TJ Bollers out of Iowa, Travian Ford from St Louis and Randolph Kpai out of Sioux Falls would all be great gets at outside LB.

I think 2021 could also be the first year where NU doesn't sign any jucos.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT