ADVERTISEMENT

Next year baseball team

sui111

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Way too early to probably speculate but this Husker baseball team is loaded with Seniors and juniors like Schwellenbach and Povich that won’t be back next year.
We will need to replace a ton of position players. Hopefully Coach Bolt has a plan.

Love the way this team is performing btw.

Way too early to probably speculate but this Husker baseball team is loaded with Seniors and juniors like Schwellenbach and Povich that won’t be back next year.
We will need to replace a ton of position players. Hopefully Coach Bolt has a plan.

Love the way this team is performing btw.

It will be interesting to see how high Povich and Bunz get drafted. Lets be honest, it's a good problem to have. If either returns and Perry and Gomes can come back from their injuries I think the pitching staff will be in good shape. Even without factoring in newcomers the lineup should be solid:

1. Hallmark - CF
2. Matthews - SS
3. Anderson - 3B
4. Chick - DH
5. Steil - 1B
6. Banjoff - RF
7. Sartori - LF
8. Everitt - C
9. Cervantes - 2B

Reactions: Reditus
It will be interesting to see how high Povich and Bunz get drafted. Lets be honest, it's a good problem to have. If either returns and Perry and Gomes can come back from their injuries I think the pitching staff will be in good shape. Even without factoring in newcomers the lineup should be solid:

1. Hallmark - CF
2. Matthews - SS
3. Anderson - 3B
4. Chick - DH
5. Steil - 1B
6. Banjoff - RF
7. Sartori - LF
8. Everitt - C
9. Cervantes - 2B
I thought Hallmark was a senior?

We should only lose Foster, Acker, Hagge, Roskam, Hroch. Everyone else has a “COVID” season. Schwellenbach will leave due to draft. Others will transfer out. Seniors like Hellstrom, Schreiber, Kissack might move to professional life. Regardless, starting 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, C should all be back (with CF possibly) along with 3/4 starters as Povich shouldn’t go high enough to leave, plus all of bullpen. Bringing in 35th ranked class. Future is bright. Real bright.

Reactions: Reditus and sui111
I love our recruiting class but I am restraining myself from including them into the discussion until after the draft. I will say this staff seems to do a pretty good job in that area.

I love our recruiting class but I am restraining myself from including them into the discussion until after the draft. I will say this staff seems to do a pretty good job in that area.
The only guys that’ll be drafted are Christo and Hood. I think Hood is a lock to stay. Christo scares me. If he goes high, he could leave. If we bring both, watch out. Should be preseason top 25.

Reactions: Reditus
ADVERTISEMENT