ADVERTISEMENT

Next weekend rotation...

BCBall20

Sophomore
Nov 13, 2003
Do you think Erstad will mess around with next weeks pitching rotation? Do you consider sliding Kubat into Friday slot to take on the Aggies? I think I would still leave Sinclair there but I do think it might cross coaches mind. GBR!

The whole Friday starter thing is less important when it's not a three-game series against the same team. I would start Burkamper against Hawaii on Saturday and Sinclair/Kubat against A$M/L$U based on two factors:

1. Matchups against expected lineups.
2. Planned rotation for the following weekend. You may not want the guy getting the ball against Florida Gulf Coast on Friday to pitch the previous Sunday.

I think two quality starts will earn one or two wins. Three quality starts likely nets two wins with a chance to get a third. Dare to dream of a 3-0 weekend...

The hope is Sinclair breaks out of the minor slump but who knows, the challenge in my opinion will be hitting because we have a decently capable bullpen. I haven't looked curently but I believe A&M and LSU are a combined 22-1, Correct me if that's wrong though. I'm pumped for this weekend and wish that I could be there!

If you keep the rotation the way it currently sets up, you would think that Kubat will beat Hawaill, thus allowing for 1 guaranteed win. Personally, I would roll the dice and switch up Sinclair and Kubat and try and hope for Kubat to beat A&M on Friday with Sinclair going against the weaker opponent on Saturday. One thing for sure is I would keep Burkamper on Sunday vs LSU.

A$M and L$U are indeed a combined 22-1. But against less than stellar competition. Awful, in fact. It doesn't mean they're not good. Just that no stock should be taken in their records so far.

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
A$M and L$U are indeed a combined 22-1. But against less than stellar competition. Awful, in fact. It doesn't mean they're not good. Just that no stock should be taken in their records so far.
Certainly, I may be biased but I do feel we are fully capable of beating all three of these teams.

Whether its 3 games agains the same opponent, or 3 different opponents, I think we need to throw the guy that gives us the best chance to win that first game. You obviously want to win all 3 but want to be no worse than 2-1 on the weekend and getting that first win is huge so you guy with your guy, whoever that is and regardless of the opponent IMO.

In a common opponent situation you step it down the line, but since this is 3 different teams, I would be all in favor of looking at matchups after that first game and adjusting if warranted.

According to the release, the rotation is:
Fri. Sinclair
Sat. Kubat
Sun. Burkamper

Originally posted by Roscoe 12oz:
According to the release, the rotation is:
Fri. Sinclair
Sat. Kubat
Sun. Burkamper
I think that's the way to go. Sinclair will bounce back sooner than later, and Kubat should be able to pitch deep enough into the game Saturday to keep the bullpen fresh for LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT