ADVERTISEMENT

((News Flash)) Iowa does not have a bye before NU game...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
they play Minny this week for the bronze pig Floyd of Rosedale and then play Purdue the following Saturday (Nov. 21st). Then have a short week before playing us on black Friday. Hmmm....advantage Huskers? We'll see.

First Rutgers.

Might as well knock off another undefeated team to cap the regular season! Provided Iowa gets by Minnesota. I think I can learn to not like Iowa as much as I didn't like Colorado.

Bye weeks are good for bodies to heal. Not so good for timing, on passing plays, as an example. No way to prove it, but I have my own opinion that the bye week didn't do any favors for MSU's passing game.

Bye weeks are good for bodies to heal. Not so good for timing, on passing plays, as an example. No way to prove it, but I have my own opinion that the bye week didn't do any favors for MSU's passing game.
Might throw off some of the timing but we are a walking MASH Unit so I think the extra time to heal some bumps and bruises will be a bigger benefit. I wish our Bye Week was earlier in the season for injuries sake. I believe it will be a big advantage for us. Iowa on a short week is not good for them either.

I think a lot depends on what you do with your bye week. Practice like normal (or close to normal) and timing probably doesn't suffer too much. Don't practice, instead focusing on conditioning, and yeah...timing's probably going to suffer.

MSU Bye Week Plans

ADVERTISEMENT