ADVERTISEMENT

New Year's Plans?

As I get older the only balls that are dropping are mine.:(:eek:

The older you get, you realize it’s just another evening that changes into a new calendar year that isn’t worth the risk of a DUI..

Further more New Year’s Day is the big day for football..Of course it was more enjoyable more in my youth when we always played on New Year’s Day or Night yearly..

NYE, for me, is lame now.
Out of all the drinking holidays I think I rank them...

1. St. Pats
2. Wednesday before Thanksgiving
3. Thanksgiving

Making Pizza and having a few friends over.

They're going up for the Rose Parade in the early morning so our evening will be over early.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Today used to be my wedding anniversary, until she started doing the marriage counselor...now it's just another day....and she's dead (not by me).
d5219b37fb61e0a28702dfd65a2a4a7a.jpg

This is the 33rd anniversary of the greatest line I ever heard. I was engaged so my fiancé was trying to hook my buddy up with sure thing we all at huge party my buddy is sure it’s done deal so he asks her if she would like a drink , she says I will have a corona , he said no you won’t you will have a bud light and like it , I don’t even buy Coronas for my self ( 33 years ago corona were a big thing lol prolly .25 more lol. We text every year and rehash the glory days .

"Some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Aspen." - Lloyd Christmas

Last night the bartendress gave me all my drinks for free and invited me to the Apres Ski party of the decade. It will have everything: brews, fireworks, hot pools and women that cost a small fortune in upkeep. Being wealthy and attractive has its perks, but staying humble is the most important thing.. after wealth and attractiveness.

I hope you all ring in the New Year joyously. Totes magotes!

Going to see Spazmatics at the Hard Rock with the most beautiful woman in Earth and some HS buddies.

Nothing special, watching the Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFi. However, when and if I wake up tomorrow morning, I will be once more thankful and thoroughly amazed I have lived yet one more year.

It’s just me and our birddog, a Llewellin Setter. We had to say goodbye on Dec. 16 to our 12 1/2 year old black lab female we had since she was 5 weeks old. Heart issues. She once ran through my mother in law to retrieve a tennis ball some knucklehead threw (me). She had drive to please and everyone loved her. Would run through you to get to a bird. The wife, a Purdue grad, is in North Carolina visiting her folks (I will have to tell her how bad Diaco will be). Here in Eastern Washington it’s kind of 90’s Colorado game in Lincoln weather. 32-34 degrees, foggy and drizzling. Makes for bad skiing. Hunted hard yesterday for roosters and the only thing I saw was my dog’s tail, but it was a great day. Just watched the Longhorns win, ugh. Could go out, but I think I will pour another Crown and water and just stay home. Always miss Nebraska this time of year. Happy New Year!

I’ll be in bed by my usual 10:00...8 year anniversary of no alcohol intake tomorrow
Congrats on 8 years, quite an accomplishment. Im happy for you. Seriously, theres nothing better than people choosing to take a stand to improve their life and sticking with it.

Having said that, we’re gonna need the story. I mean you don't just give up drinking for good on jan 1 unless something crazy happened NYE...amirite? So....do tell!

It’s just me and our birddog, a Llewellin Setter. We had to say goodbye on Dec. 16 to our 12 1/2 year old black lab female we had since she was 5 weeks old. Heart issues. She once ran through my mother in law to retrieve a tennis ball some knucklehead threw (me). She had drive to please and everyone loved her. Would run through you to get to a bird. The wife, a Purdue grad, is in North Carolina visiting her folks (I will have to tell her how bad Diaco will be). Here in Eastern Washington it’s kind of 90’s Colorado game in Lincoln weather. 32-34 degrees, foggy and drizzling. Makes for bad skiing. Hunted hard yesterday for roosters and the only thing I saw was my dog’s tail, but it was a great day. Just watched the Longhorns win, ugh. Could go out, but I think I will pour another Crown and water and just stay home. Always miss Nebraska this time of year. Happy New Year!
Damn this is the most depressing new years eve thread in internet history...

All by myself here. Had the wife's funeral yesterday. Worked today. Did a little cleanup tonight, but will be saving the next round for the weekend.

Saw a little of the Alamo Bowl. First bowl game for me this year. Up to now the only post season I watched was the CFP.

I am drinking a Stash IPA at the moment. Happy New Year everyone!

Congrats on 8 years, quite an accomplishment. Im happy for you. Seriously, theres nothing better than people choosing to take a stand to improve their life and sticking with it.

Having said that, we’re gonna need the story. I mean you don't just give up drinking for good on jan 1 unless something crazy happened NYE...amirite? So....do tell!

Or it could just be some New Year's resolution thing. I never make any myself.

Watched football a lot today in between hauling water to cattle and doing chores. Pretty slow day and will be tomorrow too.

I'm actually up later than normal and plan on popping abottle of Martini and Rossi champagne in 50 minutes to ring in the New year. To be safe had the wife set alarm on her phone. Lol.

Soup for supper and summer sausage and cheese on crackers.

Gonna bake a two layer pineapple cake tomorrow while watching football.

Happy New year to everyone

Workin'. 11p-7a. But NYE isn't a holiday and we only get paid holiday pay for the day we start our shift on, so don't even get holiday pay. :mad:

All by myself here. Had the wife's funeral yesterday. Worked today. Did a little cleanup tonight, but will be saving the next round for the weekend.

Saw a little of the Alamo Bowl. First bowl game for me this year. Up to now the only post season I watched was the CFP.

I am drinking a Stash IPA at the moment. Happy New Year everyone!

Hoping 2020 brings you wonderful memories and a bright future.

Reactions: bigboxes
Damn this is the most depressing new years eve thread in internet history...

I didn’t mean to bum you out. Our black lab was just a great dog and I just want celebrate her. We gave her a great life and although we miss her we also know we did the right thing by letting her go. No birds when hunting yesterday but I did say it was still a great day. Whenever I am out in farm country no matter if it is here in the Columbia Basin or back in Nebraska I am always happy. After I wrote the initial thread I started texting my old Nebraska buddies who are scattered all over the country. One is kicking up his heels at the Snake River Saloon near Keystone, CO. We’ve been going there for years and it is always fun. Another friend who lives in in Phoenix and I was telling him about my nephew just opening a new nightclub up in North Scottsdale. It is called Chauncey Social so all of you in that area check it out. He has another place near downtown Phoenix called Stock and Stable. I am about to go out and light off a huge aerial I bought on the Yakima Indian Reservation. It’s as good as the aerials they have at ball parks. It goes way up, spreads across the sky and then finishes with a deafening boom. The first time I lit one off it literally scared the hell out of me.

Watched football a lot today in between hauling water to cattle and doing chores. Pretty slow day and will be tomorrow too.

I'm actually up later than normal and plan on popping abottle of Martini and Rossi champagne in 50 minutes to ring in the New year. To be safe had the wife set alarm on her phone. Lol.

Soup for supper and summer sausage and cheese on crackers.

Gonna bake a two layer pineapple cake tomorrow while watching football.

Happy New year to everyone

I am sure hauling water to your cattle is the same old thing to you but to me it sounds kind of fun. I had horses growing up, but a few years back I thought I might want to buy a few cows. I was amazed when I read how much water they drink in a day. Has to keep you busy.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I am sure hauling water to your cattle is the same old thing to you but to me it sounds kind of fun. I had horses growing up, but a few years back I thought I might want to buy a few cows. I was amazed when I read how much water they drink in a day. Has to keep you busy.
Yep they are usually pretty consistent but their water intake can vary widely at times depending on weather and temp. If they're picking up supplemental moisture it can be as low as none to 5 gallons per day. On the flip side it can get as high as 25-35 gallons. Normal would be 10-20.

And a lot of people don't realize that cattle need more water in the winter, when it's hardest to get it to them.

I got sh!tfaced and am trying(unsuccessfully so far) to get rid of the hangover this AM with more alcohol.

Screwball is fantastic though.

Reactions: otismotis08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT