ADVERTISEMENT

New walk on CJ Lilienkamp.

I can't believe the program has sunk so low that the media, premium chat and husker fans celebrate the commitment of a walk on. We never used to hear about them until they actually made the field.

Not sure I am following your logic here. I like knowing who they are. And I don’t think having a fanbase knowledgeable and passionate enough to care about the walk-on’s is a bad thing.

I can't believe the program has sunk so low that the media, premium chat and husker fans celebrate the commitment of a walk on. We never used to hear about them until they actually made the field.
lack of other commitment news perhaps.. but I can't blame them for trying to keep the branding going with positive news.

Reactions: CatColumbia
ALL recruits, whether they are walk ons or scholarship players, need and will always be celebrated by all legitimate Husker fans IMO. I don't care whether we're winning national championships or at the bottom of the toilet bowl as we have been the past few years - WALK ONS deserve recognition for their commitment and the personal sacrifices they are making. Period.

Times are slow without any campus visits which doesn’t help matters...

Reactions: dinglefritz
that isn't true. It was never bigger than when Jeff Jamrog was running the walk on recruiting. LOCAL newspapers have ALWAYs reported area walk ons. This kid appears to be a pretty good player and the kind of guy who could end up on scholarship as a safety in year 2. We needs these kind of kids and we've been pretty fortunate getting kids like Isaac Gifford to walk on. Gifford is a stud who could play for a lot of B1G teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT