ADVERTISEMENT

New Uniforms

While I don't see the point of having so many patterns... the only real complaint I have with these is the lack of the tradition patch.

Put the patch on the final version and we good.

I still hate the duct-tape-looking numbers and stripes.

On a side note, what's up with the paint on the model's face?

34222_LA_Lafayette_Nebraska_Football_medium.jpg

Best

We have other throw backs why not use them?

Would have looked better with a red helmet and no strips on the pants and just the N.

We have other throw backs why not use them?

Would have looked better with a red helmet and no strips on the pants and just the N.
Throwbacks are nice to honor a particular team, etc. but they aren't considered the new innovation/cutting edge futuristic look.

I don't mind both. Even Notre Dame has come out with alternate uniforms recently. That's how we progress. Just think, Nebraska actually wore uniforms like the one in your picture and actually CHANGED them to be more current. Gasp.

We would never consider advancing our look anymore else we be blasted for not staying traditional.... even though traditionally, the uniforms have changed over the years.

Black is a gimmick color for wanna-be programs like CU and Texas Tech. Scarlet and cream is the law!

This may be a dumb question, but do we use this fancypants uniform material for all of our jerseys? And if not, why not, if it is so great?

The model reminds me of actors who play professional athletes in movies. He doesn't fill out the uniform that well.

Reminds me of my time working at UT. They were filming Friday Night Lights for a few days at DKR. The extras walking around in football uniforms looked like they had just finished jobs as singers in A Chorus Line. Hollywood magic somehow made those guys look like football players.

Old and boring. There's a reason they were left behind.

No it's more of a fail on Adidas part because they can't design alternates like UnderArmour or Nike.

So far of all the alternates I like 2012 when we beat Wisconsin.

Black. I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my face sewn to the carpet.

I've never been a fan of alternates. This is bad like the others. I would prefer throwbacks. 1995 throwbacks to honor the 1995 team would have been the way to go.

But that said, it rates about a 1.5 out of 10 on things that I worry about regarding NU football.

Well this got me in the mood to make some quick photoshop uniforms... just simple changes. I went with gray instead of black... I think it plays with red a bit better

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Well this got me in the mood to make some quick photoshop uniforms... just simple changes. I went with gray instead of black... I think it plays with red a bit better
Alot better. Take the 13' helmets and add grey facemask where it's blended black and red unis..

Man, this is a whole lot of getting worked up over some duds that we gonna wear one time.
Against Northwestern....

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I think they're awful. Once again, why do we want to now look like Texas Tech? Black is not one of our school colors. Saw part of a Bama game on TV today. I notice that they haven't had to add black to their colors.

I love'em. When I first saw them last night on the news I thought they were great, especially the helmet. One game in a boss looking uni.

Black helmets.. Check. Black jerseys.. Check. Black pants.. Check. Black socks.. Check.

White shoes??? Fu**ing morons. What in holy hell are they doing over there at Adidas?

Last edited:
Awesome job. This is 100% better than anything Adidas has ever made for us. Adidas should be embarrassed a husker fan with photoshop can do a better job than their "designers."

ADVERTISEMENT