ADVERTISEMENT

New Uniforms

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-2-full.jpg

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-3-full.jpg

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-4-full.jpg

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-5-full.jpg

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-6-full.jpg

ncaa-nebraska-1-detail-1-full.jpg

Ugh. Look, I'm a fan of the alt. jersey. But in this case, I think simplicity is best. The jersey itself is too busy with three of four different patterns.

The helmets however, are outstanding!

Just one question... Why does all of our alternate uniforms have to use block number and letters. Would it really kill them to try a script letter or number once???

I definitely dig them more than I dislike them. Too bad we can't have our players model them instead of generic Adidas yelling guy (I know the complication with that). Also my 2000th post was meaningful. Cool!! Cool

The model reminds me of actors who play professional athletes in movies. He doesn't fill out the uniform that well.

Have they announced a game they plan to wear these in?

Uniforms will be worn for the Northwestern game on Oct. 24. The 1995 national championship team will also be honored that weekend.

Reactions: Husk10
I'm indifferent but would've liked to see a gloss helmet being the jersey is gloss. Just to see what that looked like.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
the uni is not bad, not great, it's ok.. the yellow 'corn' section of the shoe is thankfully small. not a fan of the black helmet.. should have made it a black pearl or black chrome if they are going with a black helmet theme and somehow outlined the red N with a very very thin white line to help it stand out.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
What is the point of the black shirts? You guys keep rolling out garbage like this that looks like it hit every branch on the ugly tree and it features the color black. The teams that are wearing these give up 70 points in some games. What is the point of the black shirts?

What is the point of the black shirts? You guys keep rolling out garbage like this that looks like it hit every branch on the ugly tree and it features the color black. The teams that are wearing these give up 70 points in some games. What is the point of the black shirts?

Scoreboard bitch.

awesome first post.. keep coming back, it works

I'm not an alt jersey guy, get the reasoning behind them though.

I just really don't like the white shoes this the black and red jersey.

Gray is the new black. About what I expected from Adidas given their track record. At least you should be able to read the player numbers compared to the alt jersey from last year with black on red. The pattern is similar to that used by Adidas on the UCLA alts.
images

Let's be honest. It's the best alt uniform they have come up with for us. I like them

You wouldn't understand tradition. You are a Hogeye. #scoreboard
So you can't explain it. Got it.

Not sure what's uglier.. this alternate jersey or your recent coaching change. Congrats on firing the coach of a Top25 program and hiring a guy that hasn't lost less than 4 games in a season and hasn't won a conference championship. Hopefully he can keep that B1G tradition alive for you.

Not sure what's uglier.. this alternate jersey or your recent coaching change. Congrats on firing the coach of a Top25 program and hiring a guy that hasn't lost less than 4 games in a season and hasn't won a conference championship. Hopefully he can keep that B1G tradition alive for you.
3-1.

Just found out these are for the Northwestern game. Was that known info?

Says the guy who is a fan of a program that awards their coach for 7 win seasons. But hey...that's Hogeye football! SCOREBOARD

Really like them. The patterns will show a stream of movement on TV; imo, what made many of the first Oregon uni's cool. The numbers may be big; but thats a matter of taste.

So your a total troll; stopping in hoping to spoil a thread on an alternate uniform; good luck with that. You give Iowa a bad name; or is this your idea of sportsmanship ? Didn't take you long little bo; to go from the uniform, to your Youngstown bitch. Despite the well deserved respect for the Iowa coach; he would not have been hired here; if he had already been fired if his buyout hadn't been so high. Always the next year or so; if there are enough season ticket holders left in your stadium to get it done.

I can dig everything but the numbers... They need to tone down that white outline, and there should be no pattern on them!

Why does it have to be black??? This design in a bright scarlet not the maroon type Noid disaster would of been way cool.

FWIW- I thought it was an Oregon State uniform joke for a second.

Ugh. Look, I'm a fan of the alt. jersey. But in this case, I think simplicity is best. The jersey itself is too busy with three of four different patterns.

The helmets however, are outstanding!

I am not a fan of alternate jerseys myself because I view it as a gimmick. It's good for schools that lack identity and tradition, or if you're Oregon and Baylor, it becomes your identity. That said, I am a fan of the old Notre Dame "third jersey" or green jersey concept where you bring in a different colored jersey for special occasions and that black Nebraska helmet is cool as hell. How about those helmets with a more basic black jersey and pants? That would be pretty cool. Bring them out for one game a year, but just don't switch to another ugly jersey the very next season.

Reactions: Husk10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT