ADVERTISEMENT

New Super Conference

Oct 12, 2016
Top teams from current Power 5 conferences, maybe 24 schools, 8 team playoff, complete separation from NCAA, NIL$ galoree. It might be inevitable.

Do we make the cut?
qgNdB6y.jpg

Reactions: rrthusker
You would probably need to consider both football and men’s basketball in this, as they are the two biggest money makers in most schools

Guess it wouldn't surprise me IF in the next BIG step ( not just a team or two) that the PAC would coat tail in with the b1g. They'll rotate CCG if still happening between Indy and Rose 🌹 perhaps

Two or four, I don't know, but if I were the B1G I'd probably be looking at UNC/UVA on the east, and adding some of the power schools of the PAC (UCLA, USC, Oregon, Washington, etc) and assuring that we're one of them. The rest of the ACC will join the SEC in the southern bubble.

If we were a truly national conference we might have a better pitch to reel in Notre Dame, whose other choice would be to play all of its games in the South.

Edit: I'd probably be targeting 24, the teams above get us to 20, ND would make 21, and we could reasonably pick three of Cal, Stanford, UA, ASU or BYU (edit 2: or KU).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT