ADVERTISEMENT

New Star Wars 7 trailer.

Whatever they paid Harrison Ford, it wasn't enough. Were it not for him, I think a lot of people would have said "meh".

Were it not for the first 3 original Star Wars films, I think the newer ones would have been considered a huge flop & never would have reached this point. Those were easily tsomeof the worst movies I have ever seen, and I am including the last Muppets movie here. Maybe this one breaks the mold, hope so, because the last couple have been BAD.

I think the last 3 were really poorly done in so many ways. Some of the actors chosen weren't very good, but more so, the effects used were just way too much CG.

I remember hearing about how the first 3 films were done with models and all these great new techniques that had never been done before, and it seems way too many films rely on computer graphics now.

Anyway, the last 3 were a big money grab, and I believe the franchise was sold to Disney recently for 4 billion, that's a lot of cash, so I suspect this is going to be an attempt to make that investment start to pay off.

Originally posted by NikkiSixx:
I think the last 3 were really poorly done in so many ways. Some of the actors chosen weren't very good, but more so, the effects used were just way too much CG.

I remember hearing about how the first 3 films were done with models and all these great new techniques that had never been done before, and it seems way too many films rely on computer graphics now.

Anyway, the last 3 were a big money grab, and I believe the franchise was sold to Disney recently for 4 billion, that's a lot of cash, so I suspect this is going to be an attempt to make that investment start to pay off.
First three films were great, but it wasn't because of models. You'd be surprised at how much of modern movies is still done with practical effects rather than CGI.

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
It's just a trailer. Not very hard to make it look good. Let's see the final product.
Damn people for getting excited about THE movie of their childhood that also likely is very exciting for their children. The nerve.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

Whatever they paid Harrison Ford, it wasn't enough. Were it not for him, I think a lot of people would have said "meh".

Were it not for the first 3 original Star Wars films, I think the newer ones would have been considered a huge flop & never would have reached this point. Those were easily tsomeof the worst movies I have ever seen, and I am including the last Muppets movie here. Maybe this one breaks the mold, hope so, because the last couple have been BAD.
Disagree. JJ Abrams is a proven Sci-Fi commodity and the Star Wars name is quite a big deal.....and I'll say it, Episode 2 and 3 weren't as bad as many suggest. The expectations were unrealistic in the modern movie age. ILM wasn't breaking the mold like they were with Ep 4, 5 and 6. I am excited to see these next films. If they can be as good as JJ's 2 new Star Trek movies, I will be satisfied, because both were really good.

Originally posted by BigRedBugeaters:
Chewy hast aged a bit. Wonder what his secret is?
ivMWCa7.jpg

This post was edited on 4/17 9:30 AM by coach00036

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT