ADVERTISEMENT

New RB commit

Lol, the only good film on Mo was when he ran outside as a receiver. Sure I like the speed, but don’t see as high a ceiling by a long margin just to take a guy cause we’re impatient… hope it works out, but hard not to second guess the coaching staff on this.

I absolutely like Williams better myself. I think the problem is that the coaches don't wanna be left at the alter. So instead they took the "bird in a hand" route and accepted the commit of this kid. My guess is that if Williams and him both wanted to commit they would've took Williams.

All that said no way I would turn Williams down. I'd keep recruiting him and if he wanted N I'd take him. This dude is versatile enough to play outta the slot if needed.

Holla

Burkhead was and is extremely quick from 0-10 yards. What he lacks is that top gear. There was a story at one time about Burkhead that while we was never going to win the 40 that he had the fastest 10 yard time of all of the team when he was at Nebraska. Jeff Quinn was like that in high school and college. Super quick feet. Wandale was that way too now that I think of it.
I've told this story here before, but feel like telling it again. I had a job for a year a couple nights a week as an all-night security guard at Smith Hall, which was all female. It was through the campus police and minimum wage, but I could study all night and figured I'd get lucky a lot (I didn't). I locked the doors at 11. All men had to be out by 11. If a guy came off the elevator after 11 I had to get his ID and write him up. The campus police took the form the next morning and took it from there. I never wrote up guys between 11 and 11:10, just warned them. Quinn came down every night around 1130 as he had a girlfriend up there. I didn't hassle him because I knew he hadn't done anything bad up there and I didn't want to be the guy who busted the starting QB. He just walked off the elevator and out the door. About the third week I said "Hey, since you break the rules every night, you might as well stop and chat for a minute." He did and after that he would always chat for a couple minutes. He talked about the team and the week at practice. No dirt, he was a very nice guy, but I was interested in the tidbits he told me.

Justin Williams? I don’t know, he might be too good not to take. Call him a RB and Hayes a Duck-R?
I don't think we're getting Williams, but it would be nice if we did. Sounds like they are looking at Hayes as a Duck-R/kick returner who could also play another position. So he's like a William Nixon, Alante Brown, Wan'dale, Ramir Johnson and so on.

The thing that stands out to me about this kid is that he's a 4.0 student. He may be able to handle the complexities of playing receiver in this offense and also understand the playbook wouldn't be limited when he's at RB.

I've told this story here before, but feel like telling it again. I had a job for a year a couple nights a week as an all-night security guard at Smith Hall, which was all female. It was through the campus police and minimum wage, but I could study all night and figured I'd get lucky a lot (I didn't). I locked the doors at 11. All men had to be out by 11. If a guy came off the elevator after 11 I had to get his ID and write him up. The campus police took the form the next morning and took it from there. I never wrote up guys between 11 and 11:10, just warned them. Quinn came down every night around 1130 as he had a girlfriend up there. I didn't hassle him because I knew he hadn't done anything bad up there and I didn't want to be the guy who busted the starting QB. He just walked off the elevator and out the door. About the third week I said "Hey, since you break the rules every night, you might as well stop and chat for a minute." He did and after that he would always chat for a couple minutes. He talked about the team and the week at practice. No dirt, he was a very nice guy, but I was interested in the tidbits he told me.
Played against Quinn in high school. Tough cover in basketball because of how quick he was. Tough to tackle in football because of how quick his feet were. TERRIBLE passer in high school. Obviously he improved enough to stick around with Pittsburg for a couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT