ADVERTISEMENT

New Offers

I suspect Frost will be pushing hard to land at least one solid QB for his system. That raises an interesting question. Would Frost start a true freshman next Fall?
If Frost determines that the frosh is prepared to operate his offense at a higher level than a QB already on the roster, then yes.

I suspect Frost will be pushing hard to land at least one solid QB for his system. That raises an interesting question. Would Frost start a true freshman next Fall?
If Frost determines that the frosh is prepared to operate his offense at a higher level than a QB already on the roster, then yes.

He started Milton at CFU as a true freshman, I think.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Is he looking at the 4* kid, RB commit to FSU as an RB or as a QB? Looks like most of his hudl highlights are runs but he played QB for his HS. Dunno what I think of his film, it's mostly just him outrunning people. Hard to say about vision or tackle breaking because he's just blowing by kids.

He started Milton at CFU as a true freshman, I think.

IIRC, I think he started the year as a backup and came in due to the starter being injured. So I guess technically yes he started him his freshman year, but it wasn't really his first choice.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I fully expect Frost to sign 1 to 2 QB's and one of them will start next season. History has shown us with Callahan & Riley it is best to rip the band-aid off and do it right at the beginning. No disrespect to current QB's its whats best for them and our football program. Its not personal I think they are all very fine quarterbacks, just not a fit for Frost. JMO

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I fully expect Frost to sign 1 to 2 QB's and one of them will start next season. History has shown us with Callahan & Riley it is best to rip the band-aid off and do it right at the beginning. No disrespect to current QB's its whats best for them and our football program. Its not personal I think they are all very fine quarterbacks, just not a fit for Frost. JMO

I think Noah Vedral is in the picture two years from now.

Reactions: davecisar

Well, we'll have to just agree to disagree, then.

Just about to post this one. Should be some interesting replies.

It's interesting that he doesn't seem to be a speedy receiver like Frost usually likes (he's 6'3, 220 pounds).

It seems like some UCF commits are not too happy with Frost. Their top commit, 4-star linebacker, tweeted this:

It's interesting that he doesn't seem to be a speedy receiver like Frost usually likes (he's 6'3, 220 pounds).

It seems like some UCF commits are not too happy with Frost. Their top commit, 4-star linebacker, tweeted this:

Somehow I think all would be forgiven if he was offered a Husker scholarship.

Well, I will be more impressed after Dec. 20th. Of course, I'll be in London over Christmas, but still hoping for a nice xmas present.

Bet this kind of thing really bothers Scott. Osborne couldn't stand to have his integrity questioned.

Last edited:

This man would get along great with us Husker fans..."I want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and I want it now damn it!"

Did you watch UCF this season? Their outside receivers are large...and he throws deep a lot more than I thought. TE in the seams, big WR on the outside, and small guys in the slot and screen.

one of the current QBs will be starting next year. you don't bring a freshman in here to start. there are 3 highly regarded QBs here already.
What? I was replying to a comment on what position a recruit will play. Tight End (TE). Didn’t say anything about QB’s.

Deep and short, not a lot of mid range. Bubble screens, inside screens and lots of runs including option. Very fast tempo. Our poor tubby guys are going to struggle early on.

Well, we'll have to just agree to disagree, then.

I’m with you here. I think Gebbia or OBrein own this opportunity. My money is on Gebbia, he will prove everyone wrong about his size and not being able to hack it as a dual threat. We all have seen plenty of tooth pick looking QBs take beating a and keep bouncing up. My money is on Gebbia as a tough one. The plus side, on passing downs, we won’t have a QB that’s missing wide open WRs, we will have a QB that can make all the throws and accurate on them all. I’m fine with just mobile enough, great arm, smart and reading defenses then a QB that can run good but only hits 50-53% of his throws and so on. I do think Tommy Armstrong would have killed in Frosts offense ;)

Reactions: HuskerDana
one of the current QBs will be starting next year. you don't bring a freshman in here to start. there are 3 highly regarded QBs here already.
I'll be surprised if Lee stays. that leaves you with 2 guys that have never run Frost's offense. That sounds like a wide open QB competition to me. That should be pretty attractive for a dual threat QB and we need at least one scholarship kid and a walk on.

Honestly, this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

If you tell a recruit too early, the cats out of the bag and then distractions pop up for your current team and potentially ruin an undefeated season.

At the same time, if you don't tell them, you risk lying to their face and ruining any chance at them following you to the new school.

I actually feel it was most fair to UCF to not tell any recruits ahead of time so that the school could hopefully hire a replacement quickly. A quick hire could get in there and salvage the recruiting class. If Frost tells them all ahead of time then good luck salvaging anything.

Reactions: WHCSC
I'll be surprised if Lee stays. that leaves you with 2 guys that have never run Frost's offense. That sounds like a wide open QB competition to me. That should be pretty attractive for a dual threat QB and we need at least one scholarship kid and a walk on.

We have walk-on Andrew Bunch who is a dual-threat guy. I don't expect him to ever start, but he should be a serviceable backup in Frost's offense

Have also seen the idea of Burrow from Ohio st becoming a grad transfer if he doesn’t win the job in the spring. He will graduate with 2 years of eligibility. Anyone know if there is a rule where he has to sit a year because it is in conference? The Iowa kid didn’t have to at Michigan

We have walk-on Andrew Bunch who is a dual-threat guy. I don't expect him to ever start, but he should be a serviceable backup in Frost's offense
I realize that but we need another freshman walk on at least. A freshman walk on beat out Wilson at Oregon and that's why he's a at a JC. IF we're going to a 140 man roster with walk ons you better have at least 5 QBs on the roster.

I’m with you here. I think Gebbia or OBrein own this opportunity. My money is on Gebbia, he will prove everyone wrong about his size and not being able to hack it as a dual threat. We all have seen plenty of tooth pick looking QBs take beating a and keep bouncing up. My money is on Gebbia as a tough one. The plus side, on passing downs, we won’t have a QB that’s missing wide open WRs, we will have a QB that can make all the throws and accurate on them all. I’m fine with just mobile enough, great arm, smart and reading defenses then a QB that can run good but only hits 50-53% of his throws and so on. I do think Tommy Armstrong would have killed in Frosts offense ;)

Great post....the only thing I'll add is that the kid is flat a leader, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT