ADVERTISEMENT

New Offers

why does neb need a QB? they have 3 and 2 are underclassmen and very highly thought of

Because in todays world- often times a non starting QB will decide to transfer
Because none of these QBs have good lateral explosive speed- which is needed if you want to excel in the Frost system
Because Gebbia- when Ive seen him in person looks to be very skinny- there is a reason he is always wearing long sleeves. Not durable enough to be a legit dual threat QB- in real life he is about 170 lbs
Because all 3 were recruited to a West Coast (WCO) - NFL type QBs- their goal is to play in the NFL- they may very well move on to someone running WCO- not to just play and be part of a successful winning team
Because some of these guys will see that this is not a fit for their skill set/too hard/dont like the practice approach/cant grasp the offense
Because Some were brought in primarily by the NFL QB coaching experience that Riley and Langsdorf were "selling"- now that is gone
Personal relationships with Riley- Langsdorf
Most successful College Football programs recruit a QB every class

I fully expect Tanner Lee to opt to the NFL
I expect one of the remaining QBs to transfer after Spring Ball

Scott Frost is here to win football games and make the football experience for everyone very special- TEAM focused- the byproduct will be SOME guys will make the NFL. The deal Riley was selling was- I can get you to the NFL- the byproduct is maybe we can win a few games along the way- individual focused.

Last edited:
Because in todays world- often times a non starting QB will decide to transfer
Because none of these QBs have good lateral explosive speed- which is needed if you want to excel in the Frost system
Because Gebbia- when Ive seen him in person looks to be very skinny- there is a reason he is always wearing long sleeves. Not durable enough to be a legit dual threat QB
Because all 3 were recruited to a West Coast (WCO) - NFL type QBs- their goal is to play in the NFL- they may very well move on to someone running WCO- not to just play and be part of a successful winning team
Because some of these guys will see that this is not a fit for their skill set/too hard/dont like the practice approach/cant grasp the offense
Because Some were brought in primarily by the NFL QB coaching experience that Riley and Langsdorf were "selling"- now that is gone
Personal relationships with Riley- Langsdorf

I fully expect Tanner Lee to opt to the NFL
I expect one of the remaining QBs to transfer after Spring Ball

Scott Frost is here to win football games and make the football experience for everyone very special- TEAM focused- the byproduct will be SOME guys will make the NFL. The deal Riley was selling was- I can get you to the NFL- the byproduct is maybe we can win a few games along the way- individual focused.
Good explanation. Also very plausible.

why does neb need a QB? they have 3 and 2 are underclassmen and very highly thought of
Lee will probably leave. 2 scholarship QBs is ridiculous. We probably need to have 4 scholarship QBs and 1 walk on QB on the roster with the transition especially. That or we better have 3 and a couple of walk on QBs.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Tanner Lee made noises about sticking around, but that may have only been for the consumption of the sports scribes surrounding him. A likely outcome is that both POB and Gebbia will enter spring ball and one will remain for the 2018 season. Either POB or Gebbia will start in 2018, either will be more than serviceable. POB operated a spread O in HS.
Frost will be (already is) recruiting the best QBs he can for his system.

Tanner Lee made noises about sticking around, but that may have only been for the consumption of the sports scribes surrounding him. A likely outcome is that both POB and Gebbia will enter spring ball and one will remain for the 2018 season. Either POB or Gebbia will start in 2018, either will be more than serviceable. POB operated a spread O in HS.
I suspect Frost will be pushing hard to land at least one solid QB for his system. That raises an interesting question. Would Frost start a true freshman next Fall?

I fully expect both Gebbia and POB to stay and compete for the starting job. They'll have a BIG leg up on an incoming freshman with a spring ball under their belt. I don't get the concern with their ability to run Frost's offense. Gebbia is smallish but a really good athlete with an accurate arm much like UCF's QB this year. POB is a bigger kid and a good athlete not unlike what Frost himself was. They BOTH could work in Frost's offense just fine and they both ran some spread in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT