ADVERTISEMENT

New O/U Win Total Set at 3.5

It sadly doesn't feel like the wrong number. I feel like you can make an easier case to move it to 2.5 than you can to 4.5

3/4 first games are with the 3 best teams in our conference.. depends on the mental toughness of this team on the back end. I will say over with wins over northwestern ill purdue iowa minn and maybe an upset.. this team could win 5 or 6 just glad they are playing

Last edited:
Reactions: jedimasterjed
Hey, I can post again!

at least we can talk football now

that schedule is mean. But I think we all knew it’s what we’d get. If we win 5 games, I would call it success. 3.5 sucks, but can you blame them??

Thoughts?
The schedule was created with the sole purpose of giving Nebraska as many losses as possible. So it doesn't surprise me. I do think 6-2 is not completely unrealistic. With losses to only Ohio St and Penn St. 5-3 is very realistic. 4-4 should be the worst case if this team is showing any kind of progress under Frost.

5-4 minimum

there is no way Scott Frost leads this program to 3 consecutive losing seasons for the first time in over half a century.
I remember Nebraska coming into the league with the old alignment and clambering for the cross over game to be PSU. This is a chance to make some noise on the field. GBR

Minnesota currently a 3 point favorite to end the season. I normally think its ridiculous to take a preseason point spread, but that line is a gift right now. By December, one of two things will occur:

1. That game won't be played at all, and you would get your money back

or

2. Nebraska will be a favorite.

I believe Minnesota is going to have a miserable season. They lost a substantial amount of NFL talent, and half their team doesn't want to play football. There are rumors that one or two more Gophers are going to opt out in the next week.

It's wise to be a little pessimistic about things, but I don't see how 5-4 isn't the baseline assuming Nebraska draws a team other than OSU/PSU/UM in week 9.

The total is based on the previous 3 season success. I feel like Frost is finally getting his team in place. I feel like 5 and 3 is very possible

Reactions: Red I 73
I am going to be optimistic at this point. Our young gun receivers have had extra time to learn the system, plenty of 7 on 7 drills. I just can't imagine this offense not clicking on all cylinders. Does that mean we beat OSU and PSU, I don't think so we don't have that kind of talent, but I see no reason why we can't be really competitive against every other opponent. Year three, culture in place, maybe an average kicking game, but same old linebackers.

Last 5 games of the original 2020 schedule

at tOSU
Penn St
at Ioway
at Wisconsin
Minnesota

Last 5 games of the new schedule

Penn St
Illinois
at Ioway
at Purdue
Minnesota

If there is a silver I like how are last 5 games end up compared to the original schedule..

Nothing to lose; Everything to gain schedule.

Beat NW, Illinois, Purdue - figure out a way to get two wins against the other 5. 3 of which are at home.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think it all depends on A Mart. If he plays to his maximum potential, we can be pretty salty this year. If he plays like last year, it’s gonna be rough. Hopefully Frost will have a short leash.

I remember Nebraska coming into the league with the old alignment and clambering for the cross over game to be PSU. This is a chance to make some noise on the field. GBR
I remember all us Husker fans talking about how slow the conference was and how NU had soooo much speed...

Reactions: TheBeav815
If the team is really improved like they should be, there should be no problem getting to at least 4 or 5 wins. I think this year's team is a lot different than the past couple years, so I say we get to 5+ wins.

I really don't know what to think. I tend to take the opposite outlook of the herd. I think we will probably do ok. I don't feel good about you know what, but have to see how it goes. For the most part, the defense is going to have to step up fast, and it's going to take some games for that to happen. The offense MUST be on point the whole season, because it cannot lean on an experienced defense this year.

One thing that I do think is in our favor here, is I believe the team is hungry. I don't know about the other programs, but I think our guys, including coach, are hungry for this. That can make a big difference in how your season goes.

I'm going to go with only 2 losses and I think we get to a bowl game this year.

I think it all depends on A Mart. If he plays to his maximum potential, we can be pretty salty this year. If he plays like last year, it’s gonna be rough. Hopefully Frost will have a short leash.
I think the silver linings are: a starting running back who has been in the system. An offensive center who is not taking his first snaps ever as a center. Big physical receivers. A healthy QB. KICKERS! Look how many games it took Jurgens to become a reliable center at snapping the ball. Austin said Jurgens did not recognize the calls he needed to make. The last half he became competent and show be much better this year. I'm optimistic about the offense. It will take some time with the new d line

Hoping for 5-3 but expecting 3-5. Regardless of the results, I don't think this season tells us much (positive or negative) given the overall chaos of 2020. Get better and use the season to springboard for next fall.

Our conference records the last three years:
  • 2017 — 3-6
  • 2018 — 3-6
  • 2019 — 3-6
So 4-5 will be an improvement, while 5-4 will FEEL like improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT