ADVERTISEMENT

New Nebrasketball Commit Keon Edwards

LOL. He's a 1 ppg transfer from DePaul, not De-Duke. He's a bit player from a lousy team. Not exactly Cade Conningham, Jalen Suggs, territory. His ranking is atrocious to say the least which explains his current commitment. I hope he's All Big 10 one day, but wouldn't hold my breath. Probably closer to being a 2nd time transfer to some directional mid major than All Big 10.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
LOL. He's a 1 ppg transfer from DePaul, not De-Duke. He's a bit player from a lousy team. Not exactly Cade Conningham, Jalen Suggs, territory. His ranking is atrocious to say the least which explains his current commitment. I hope he's All Big 10 one day, but wouldn't hold my breath. Probably closer to being a 2nd time transfer to some directional mid major than All Big 10.
Basketball recruiting is definitely picking up. Yes, landing a transfer from DePaul is a a wait and see approach. I'm happy with it. Hope he comes in and proves his worth.

LMAO!

You are a miserable person.

Fred went after him coming out of high school. He reclassified from a 21 recruit to a 20 recruit so he is in the class he should have been in the first place. I think your projection could be premature.

Fred went after him coming out of high school. He reclassified from a 21 recruit to a 20 recruit so he is in the class he should have been in the first place. I think your projection could be premature.
Premature maybe, but just being real. Definitely not top 25 or you would have seen it this year reclassified or not. Many preps in the top 50 reclassify and the good ones show their talent right away (some could go pro in China, Australia, G-League, right away). He may be a good player down the line but stop with the top 25 talk. He isn't a 1 and done talent by any stretch and by the looks of it, not a 3 and done talent either. Hopefully he becomes a multiyear starter if all goes well for him.

He was a high school senior last year, who reclassified and enrolled at the winter break and only played 5 games. I'm not sure how much you can judge a high school kid thrown into the Big East Conference in the middle of the season. He didn't have 4-5 months of practice of to develop team chemistry and prepare for that level of competition. Do you think if Hunter Sallis had joined the DePaul roster in January, that he would have dominated the Big East?

DeDuke......lol🤣

Premature maybe, but just being real. Definitely not top 25 or you would have seen it this year reclassified or not. Many preps in the top 50 reclassify and the good ones show their talent right away (some could go pro in China, Australia, G-League, right away). He may be a good player down the line but stop with the top 25 talk. He isn't a 1 and done talent by any stretch and by the looks of it, not a 3 and done talent either. Hopefully he becomes a multiyear starter if all goes well for him.
No one said he's a one and done. As pointed out, the kid joined DePaul in January. You may be right, but you could be wrong also. As he himself said it was a big jump to college and not just basketball. Sounds like he has some maturity on his side. Fred's making some head way. Just set back and be surprised at the results.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah it’s not like anyone else wanted him. Oh shit I guess Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Arizona State, and Texas A&M did. Yeah he must suck though.

I love this board... if nothing else for the occasional cleverness... DeDuke is a good one...
But yeah I’m excited for the kid...

In the film I saw, the kid straight up loves to dunk. Had some nice pull-ups though from range too. Really solid get even if just for depth but I think this kid will play plenty and I think we see him at the rim often. Great compliment to this team.

Fred and staff are killing it in recruiting. We have seen what the offense can look like and if we can get some more consistent players we should start killing it on the court soon. We didn’t invent koolaid fer nuthin’!

Reactions: dinglefritz

Believe he missed some time with Covid last year. His stats from this past year may not be a fair depiction.

Wasn’t Terran Pettaway averaging like 3 ppg at TTech before coming here? Not like it can’t happen.

Saw on twitter if you take his 2021 ranking into account and add him to what we have coming in NU would have the 5th ranked recruiting class in the country.
You have to stay positive. Hoiberg and company have this program headed upwards and wouldn't be too surprised to see this team make the big dance next year or the year after.

Reactions: NUinnwks
In the film I saw, the kid straight up loves to dunk. Had some nice pull-ups though from range too. Really solid get even if just for depth but I think this kid will play plenty and I think we see him at the rim often. Great compliment to this team.

Fred and staff are killing it in recruiting. We have seen what the offense can look like and if we can get some more consistent players we should start killing it on the court soon. We didn’t invent koolaid fer nuthin’!

Yeah it’s not like anyone else wanted him. Oh shit I guess Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Arizona State, and Texas A&M did. Yeah he must suck though.
That was a while ago. It doesn't mean you are good for the record. What you do on the court against high level competition does.

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
Saw on twitter if you take his 2021 ranking into account and add him to what we have coming in NU would have the 5th ranked recruiting class in the country.
Considering Nebraska's record the last two seasons, that's crazy impressive that they were able to recruit at such a high level. Now the hope is that they can continue that momentum in future classes to getting top 25 classes on a consistent basis. Hopefully this is the class that starts it all and becomes a program changing class.

this is f'ing awesome. gimme all the Big East castoffs we can get.

I cannot wait to see the Hoiskers next year

Big East castoffs? The man joins DePaul the second half of the season (Dec/Jan) and when he gets there the team is already in shut down mode because of the COVID-19 for over a month. There’s a lot more to this then your typical “castoff” when it comes to Edwards and what happened at DePaul.

Bro you have been on this board to long. I remember you being a little different before I left. I think it’s time to take a break or something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Big East castoffs? The man joins DePaul the second half of the season (Dec/Jan) and when he gets there the team is already in shut down mode because of the COVID-19 for over a month. There’s a lot more to this then your typical “castoff” when it comes to Edwards and what happened at DePaul.

Bro you have been on this board to long. I remember you being a little different before I left. I think it’s time to take a break or something.
The Xavier kid too!

My point is the big East gets better players than the b1g, and certainly better players than we’re used to getting around here. Good enough for them, more than good enough for me.

Until I read the article posted today, I hadn't realized the Huskers would get Blaise Keita for three years:

Like in the NCAA, all junior college players were granted a free year of eligibility this season. That means that when Keita arrives in Lincoln in 2022, he will be listed as a sophomore with three years to play.

Until I read the article posted today, I hadn't realized the Huskers would get Blaise Keita for three years:

Like in the NCAA, all junior college players were granted a free year of eligibility this season. That means that when Keita arrives in Lincoln in 2022, he will be listed as a sophomore with three years to play
Barring any unforseen departures, our talent level is going to be much deeper than we've had for a long long time. Miles had some good players but not through the 7th or 8th man. It appears Fred is going to have B1G level players through 10.

Barring any unforseen departures, our talent level is going to be much deeper than we've had for a long long time. Miles had some good players but not through the 7th or 8th man. It appears Fred is going to have B1G level players through 10.
Was thinking about this today.

1) Trey McG
2) Delano Banton
3) Derrick Walker
4) Eduardo Andre
5) Bryce McG
6) Keon Edwards
7) Wilcher
8) Breidenbach
9) Lat Mayen
10) Kobe Webster
11) Thor

Thor Lat and Shamiel Stevenson were guys that would play a lot for a Tim Miles squad and they are going to be fighting to get in the rotation next season.

Was thinking about this today.

1) Trey McG
2) Delano Banton
3) Derrick Walker
4) Eduardo Andre
5) Bryce McG
6) Keon Edwards
7) Wilcher
8) Breidenbach
9) Lat Mayen
10) Kobe Webster
11) Thor

Thor Lat and Shamiel Stevenson were guys that would play a lot for a Tim Miles squad and they are going to be fighting to get in the rotation next season.
Scratch Thor.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT