ADVERTISEMENT

New Nebraska Coach

TO talks about trajectory.........and there is some with Miles. Not a flashy hire.........but what did we expect. No big names wanted to come here........and we didnt have the money to hire them anyway. I think this is a good hire for now. Get some success......get some momentum going with some excitement. This may be a stepping stone for Miles.

Read the article Randy wrote on huskers.com

Not my first choice, but after watching the presser, I feel better than I did last night. Bringing Coleman with him (hopefully) will be huge for recruiting. Basically rebuilt every program he was at. With his salary $1.4, we should have some $$ for a couple well-paid assistants.

I have a lot in faith in T.O. I am sure he got some sort of feedback from Groce's agent and realized Groce was not interested.

Looks like TO fumbled the ball on this one. 1.5 mill for what??? a barry collier look a like, sorry. bad hire. Did they even try to interview Steve Alford?

From past history, when TO decides he wants a coach, he seems to make a pretense of searching. But as you might have noticed, he wanted Bo, but "conducted a search" and lo and behold, hired Bo. Then he wanted Erstad, "conducted a search" and yes, once again, hired Erstad. Now, he wanted Miles, "conducted a search" and for the third time hired his original pick. Seems to be a pattern - tunnel vision. Let's hope all three are the right picks for Huskers sports.

What makes you think he wanted Miles from the beginning....they'd never met.

Because one of the columns in the OWH said he was at the top of his list when the search began and they kept going back to him.

No big name coaches wanted to come here. Miles was the best option we had and I'm glad we didn't go after Groce after hearing about all the "me, myself, and I" talk about him over the past few days. I will support whoever the coach is. I'm glad we got Miles and he will get us going in the right direction.

He was on top of the list AFTER they did their research, not at the beginning when the search 1st started from scratch. Something that TO came out and said up front was a key thing he was looking for was somebody who took broken-down programs and rebuilt them into winners. As Miles has done that 3X got him on the list and then was the top choice after the interviews.

working out ok maybe!

This post was edited on 12/6 6:44 PM by Bo Big Red

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT