ADVERTISEMENT

New jobs posted for our Huskers

Those analyst can really free up time for the assistant coaches. I’ve heard Alabama has analysts/control people assigned to every team they play. Scouting, breaking down film, etc all season long. When you have guys like Butch Jones and Mike Stoops in those roles, they can have the majority of that film broke down and game plan in place before the coaches even starting thinking about a given weeks opponent.
I get it but I don't get skyrocketing salaries ( might have temporarily plateaued) and hiring bookoo analyst to do your jobs. You see the rabbit hole I'm going down. Coaches did ALOT more for a heck of a lot less with better results. Are they overcomplicating things? Too much time on their hands? Idle hands......

Reactions: dinglefritz
I get it but I don't get skyrocketing salaries ( might have temporarily plateaued) and hiring bookoo analyst to do your jobs. You see the rabbit hole I'm going down. Coaches did ALOT more for a heck of a lot less with better results. Are they overcomplicating things? Too much time on their hands? Idle hands......

Not sure I’m following. Alabama has the most analysts, spends the most money on them and gets the best results. Like someone else said, it is kind of cheating the system and I could see the NCAA swooping in and putting limits on these positions soon. I wish we would take advantage of it while we can.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Not sure I’m following. Alabama has the most analysts, spends the most money on them and gets the best results. Like someone else said, it is kind of cheating the system and I could see the NCAA swooping in and putting limits on these positions soon. I wish we would take advantage of it while we can.
Referring specific to NU

Reactions: dinglefritz
Here is the Bama Directory if you want to look for yourself.

Interesting that you think they aren’t breaking down film, because that is exactly what they are doing. Also odd that you think they aren’t actually doing anything, as that isn’t how Saban runs things.

A lot of big names have been analyst for Saban, usually after being fired from a big program. Here is an article about their analysts in 2019. Including guys like Butch Jones, Major Applewhite and Mike Stoops. Article also mentions Sark as a former analyst.

No they are not...They are "breaking down film" while sharing stories, dicking around, having fun and avoiding their families.

The program does the work for them, these guys looking for a rec.

Any of the analysts still getting paid out by former schools? 40k/year ain’t bad if Oregon still owes you 2 mil.

Does this job come with unfettered access to the Golden Tee machine in the coach’s lounge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT