ADVERTISEMENT

New jobs posted for our Huskers

Glad I don't see defensive analyst on that list. I am guessing that our current defensive analyst McGovern is really good considering his experience. Don't won't to lose him to the pros.

Reactions: headcard
Alabama has 10 analyst. Including guys like Charlie Strong and Mike Stoops. I wish we did more of this.
I have no idea if those guys are actually working at Bama, but if they are...they are not doing anything. Bob Stoops is not breaking down HUDL film like some JV coach that is doing his student teaching and trying to latch on to a gig.

I have no idea if those guys are actually working at Bama, but if they are...they are not doing anything. Bob Stoops is not breaking down HUDL film like some JV coach that is doing his student teaching and trying to latch on to a gig.

Here is the Bama Directory if you want to look for yourself.

Interesting that you think they aren’t breaking down film, because that is exactly what they are doing. Also odd that you think they aren’t actually doing anything, as that isn’t how Saban runs things.

A lot of big names have been analyst for Saban, usually after being fired from a big program. Here is an article about their analysts in 2019. Including guys like Butch Jones, Major Applewhite and Mike Stoops. Article also mentions Sark as a former analyst.

Reactions: shocksker
It's funny how the NCAA has tried to equal things up only to have programs exploit other gray areas. This is a classic case in point. The NCAA has limited the number of coaches and on field grad assistants you can have so places like Alabama have assembled huge staffs of control&analysts. They may or may not be following the rules but they are definitely enjoying an edge in manpower.

Ok so I'll ask the stupid question. Since coaches can't be on the road for recruiting and no on campus visits or camps, yes recruiting is still happening but by phone, email or zoom etc. This SHOULD free up a ton of time not traveling. Why haven't they been more successful and why the need for more"analyst's"?? Yes we're hoping to get back to business as usual soon and this is probably investment in the future but...,

It's funny how the NCAA has tried to equal things up only to have programs exploit other gray areas. This is a classic case in point. The NCAA has limited the number of coaches and on field grad assistants you can have so places like Alabama have assembled huge staffs of control&analysts. They may or may not be following the rules but they are definitely enjoying an edge in manpower.
There really isn't a whole lot the NCAA (which, remember, is the member schools) can do. An idea has been floated to propose legislation limiting the number of individuals whose duties are mainly in one sport, but that would raise a whole bunch more questions (such as: Does the sport administrator for football count as a person whose duties are mainly in football? Does the compliance officer assigned to football count as football staff?). Additionally, there are anti-trust and congressional considerations. In the present atmosphere of the NCAA being an exploiter of student-athletes, and with Cory Booker, Blumenthal and others hell-bent to blow up the present system, the NCAA membership has to be very careful about talking actions that can be construed as limiting opportunities

Ok so I'll ask the stupid question. Since coaches can't be on the road for recruiting and no on campus visits or camps, yes recruiting is still happening but by phone, email or zoom etc. This SHOULD free up a ton of time not traveling. Why haven't they been more successful and why the need for more"analyst's"?? Yes we're hoping to get back to business as usual soon and this is probably investment in the future but...,

Those analyst can really free up time for the assistant coaches. I’ve heard Alabama has analysts/control people assigned to every team they play. Scouting, breaking down film, etc all season long. When you have guys like Butch Jones and Mike Stoops in those roles, they can have the majority of that film broke down and game plan in place before the coaches even starting thinking about a given weeks opponent.

Reactions: TFrazier
I wish Rivals would hire a Senior Analyst and assign him or her to this board. Watching Frostball is clearly leading to some serious mental health issues, myself included.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT