ADVERTISEMENT

New Husker link site

CT-NUred

Walk On
Dec 2, 2014
Fairfield, CT
myhusker.com
Mods - feel free to delete if i'm breaking any rule.

it's Friday so I thought I would share.

I have a small team that has been working on a link site for the Huskers that incorporates most/all of the news outlets around the state. (including rivals) with the goal of creating a dashboard for my morning that includes videos, podcasts and articles. I'm aware there are other sites that do this but I wanted something a little more mobile friendly thats primary focus isn't just football -

I've gotten the blessing from the trademark office at UNL so I thought it was finally safe to share.
It's called http://myhusker.com

There are no ads. I make nothing on the site - it's just a clean dashboard of Husker news. (I'm actually giving stuff away on the site) If you find it useful, I hope you would use it from time-to-time - we're putting some more sections in place before football season but for the most part I just want it dead-simple and easy.

Thanks for reading.
Andy

Was firescottfrost.com taken? :)
https://myhusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/scott_small.gif

scott_small.gif

I never thought we'd be in this position with Scott as a coach.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Mods - feel free to delete if i'm breaking any rule.

it's Friday so I thought I would share.

I have a small team that has been working on a link site for the Huskers that incorporates most/all of the news outlets around the state. (including rivals) with the goal of creating a dashboard for my morning that includes videos, podcasts and articles. I'm aware there are other sites that do this but I wanted something a little more mobile friendly thats primary focus isn't just football -

I've gotten the blessing from the trademark office at UNL so I thought it was finally safe to share.
It's called http://myhusker.com

There are no ads. I make nothing on the site - it's just a clean dashboard of Husker news. (I'm actually giving stuff away on the site) If you find it useful, I hope you would use it from time-to-time - we're putting some more sections in place before football season but for the most part I just want it dead-simple and easy.

Thanks for reading.
Andy
That’s a great site. Looks like a great place to see news from a variety of sources. Thanks!

Don’t waste your time/money on an app. The site loads fine on a mobile browser. The only thing you may add with an app is notifications, which honestly would be annoying as shit.

People can easily add this to their home pages so it LOOKS like an app

Maybe look into more of a “daily digest” type of service that someone could subscribe to.

And don’t turn into a huskermax. He is an ass. :)

Don’t waste your time/money on an app. The site loads fine on a mobile browser. The only thing you may add with an app is notifications, which honestly would be annoying as shit.

People can easily add this to their home pages so it LOOKS like an app

Maybe look into more of a “daily digest” type of service that someone could subscribe to.

And don’t turn into a huskermax. He is an ass. :)

I don't know David (Huskermax) but I have traded emails with him years ago, (I don't know him) he's provided a good service to fans like me for many years.

I'll keep the daily digest in mind. I think it's a neato idea. Thanks again fellas. Great comments and feedback.

I don't know David (Huskermax) but I have traded emails with him years ago, (I don't know him) he's provided a good service to fans like me for many years.

I'll keep the daily digest in mind. I think it's a neato idea. Thanks again fellas. Great comments and feedback.
I was one of his moderators a while back. Ended up getting banned because I was also on a different site and commented on a convo I had with him.

Oh. I kinda forgot to say this. Like the site. IF you link paid articles, can you denote that it is a premium article. Same goes for the local papers that now have a paywall

I would have the previous seasons big ten west standings prominently displayed rather than the up coming season

if you are going to stick with the upcoming season with everyone at 0-0 I would at least list the teams in order of how many bowl games each team has qualified for the last 3 years

that’s just me, but I feel most on here would concur

I would have the previous seasons big ten west standings prominently displayed rather than the up coming season

if you are going to stick with the upcoming season with everyone at 0-0 I would at least list the teams in order of how many bowl games each team has qualified for the last 3 years

that’s just me, but I feel most on here would concur

Thanks for taking the time to write.
I think that's a good point. I just changed it:)

Seems like the wrong time to start a Husker site. Has Husker fandom ever been lower?

I mean yes and no. I think people watch / read the news (sports or otherwise) equally when they are frustrated than when they are elated.

The site doesn't have a ton of views, it's brand new.....but the last couple days, for instance, there were people in all 50 states viewing it....the Husker network is still really wide, even though we haven't had any national relevance in years.

IMO the difference is, there are less young people.....(this is just a guess) and the majority of the people on these boards and on fan sites are guys my age...(40s,50s,60s)

PS - love your screen-name/handle

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Congratulations on launching the site.

Awesome work. I'll be checking in, for sure.

Last edited:
Congratulations on launching the site. The tiniest little note, if you don't mind: In the standings, you've abbreviated Purdue as "PER," which in the minds of some anal-retentive types like me, and especially those in Indiana, takes a little credibility from what else might be on the site.

Awesome work. I'll be checking in, for sure.

Fixed..
life is about the little things.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT