ADVERTISEMENT

New Husker book by Jerry Murtaugh & Brian Rosenthal

JimmySheil

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 27, 2013
New Husker book with Jerry Murtaugh & Brian Rosenthal

I just completed co-writing a Husker book with Brian Rosenthal of the Lincoln Journal-Star, ex-Cornhusker George Achola and Jerry Murtaugh as our anchor author. The book is called, "If These Walls Could Talk: Nebraska Cornhuskers."

I think we have a fair amount of never before heard interesting and funny NU stories, on and off-the field. We have mini-biographies of around 20 Huskers from 1962-2014 with new player interviews. NU coaches interviewed for the book include Charlie McBride, Milt Tenopir, Tony Samuel and Boyd Epley.

Also, we have a chapter on each of Murt's years (1967-70) and his "occasional" (lol) run-in with Devaney. Murt goes into detail about many things, including beating LSU for a national championship, Murt getting kicked out of the Playboy Club in Chicago (lol) after his Playboy All-American shoot in 1970 and getting booted from Mexico with some teammates in 1969.

Players profiled include...Mike Kennedy, Barry Alvarez, Johnny Rodgers, Bob Newton, John O'Leary, Jim Pillen, Scott Raridon, Mitch Krenk, Michael Heisman (called him that since 1983), Harry Grimminger, Kenny Wilhite, Mike Anderson, Jay Foreman, Matt Davison, Jamie Burrow, Adam Carriker, Zac Taylor, Jared Crick, Mike Caputo....and...our cover BEAST (see link below)...Ameer Abdullah! We want to thank all ex-Huskers involved and Ameer especially as he was extremely gracious with his time during Draft preparation!

Lastly, Mike'l Severe of The Bottom Line (OWH) wrote the forward and thanks to Sean Callahan for putting me in touch with the people at Triumph as he wrote a book for them in 2013. We hope to duplicate Sean's success!

The book will out in the fall but you can pre-order with our publisher, Triumph Books, or order it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=If These Walls Could Talk: and Nebraska

Reactions: sparky62
ADVERTISEMENT