ADVERTISEMENT

New Husker B-Ballers

jieder

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2009
Any word on how the 4 new Husker Basketball players are looking in pick-up games?

I saw Pitchford playing and dude is legit. A big who has range! Needs to add some muscle but I have a feeling he will be a good one :)

Ive played with Pitchford, Pettaway, and Biggs. All of them looked really good.

Pitchford is like a Kevin Durant type player, and he agreed with the comparison in the article I wrote on him. He's 6'11, but can handle the ball and shoot the 3.

Pettaway is a guy that I loved playing with. His motor is 100% all the time, he cant shoot from outside, and take it right to the basket.

Biggs I like because he isn't big, but he is shifty. He gets the ball up the court quick, and gets the ball where it needs to be.

What about Tai Webster, Nick Fuller, Leslee Smith, and Nathan Hawkins? Any input on them?

Hmmm...

A friend of mine that works at the practice facility said that Nick Fuller shoots the ball lights out. Everything he puts up seems to go in.

Leslee Smith has been really good on offense. People saw him as a defensive guy but he is really doing some nice things on offense.

I got nothing on Hawkins or Webster.

Webster and Hawkins are talented, but still swimming in it mentally.

Just kidding, I have no idea.

I havent heard anything about how he is playing, but based on scouting reports and some highlights, he is ready to play right away.

I dont think there is much of a need for Hawkins this season. Nothing against him as I think he will be a very good player, but I really like the depth on this team.

Been a couple weeks since school started. Any word on how NU B-ballers looking in pick-up games, especially last year's redshirts and the incoming freshmen?

No idea, but I can tell you that the starting line up will feature. A True Frosh, Senior, 2 Transfers and a Sophomore. Also there is an open scrimmage in a few weeks where you can check out the guys.

I was really impressed by Webster's passing. Not that I thought he was bad, but I really saw the complete package from Tai.

How did Fuller and Hawkins look? Should they redshirt? Too early to tell?

Hawkins looked really good shooting the 3. Before the scrimmage I would have said play Fuller, Redshirt Hawkins, but now I think its the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT